SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >
Topic Options
#282418 - 03/08/10 08:41 PM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:

AJ and I are friends. It really bothers me that you have to attack someone's character and position with Ketron. Here's the deal.

Ketron has purposely let you keep the Audya name on everyone's minds free of charge.

All products releases and 4.0 have been designed to be launched at the Musik Messe.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 03-08-2010).]

Dan,

Look the problem is this, AJ started this OS4 countdown and it's become a bit of a joke, not on Ketron, on AJ, Ketron have stayed completely out of this and AJ is the self confessed and committed messenger, it’s no use blaming us for having a go, everyone appears to think that AJ has the ears and eyes of Ketron and therefore whatever AJ says must be true, well I for one think that perception is well and truly buried. Now you are saying “All products releases and 4.0 have been designed to be launched at the Musik Messe”. Why didn’t AJ just says this in November last year, no one was asking for any more. And Dan what the hell does this mean “Ketron has purposely let you keep the Audya name on everyone's minds free of charge”. For this I am truly thankful, I trust Ketron are as truly thankful for my £4000.00 which I gave them. Ketrons silence on this matter speaks volumes and I will be proved right all along and what others think, they don’t give a toss. Dan thanks for your input I do hope you are right about your dates which I am now sure you are and that OS4 will be out before the end of this month. As far as AJ is concerned, I don’t know why he set out on this mission of intrigue, it’s got most of us completely foxed. My advice to AJ for his own sanity is to take no notice of what Ketron say to him, they have been telling me the same tosh " OS4 we be out in a few days”, when they know it won't be, talking to Ketron like computers, garbage in garbage out and their promise are like our local pub advert “Free beer here tomorrow”

Regards
Tony

Oh and BTW ... I lliw eb ytxis neves siht raey , woh looc si taht.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-08-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282419 - 03/08/10 10:46 PM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Dusan,

a keyboard is like a car
you gotta test drive it, before you buy it
if you like it, you buy it
if you don't like it, you don't buy it

problem is that KETRON dealers are very few and far between,
and even many Ketron dealers (in NY for example), DO NOT HAVE AUDYA on the floor.

that's the problem for many like Diki

Leezone,

In the real World I agree with what your are saying, but if no one’s got a KB to try your in a loop, a closed one at that, you may have to accept Ketron word, leaflet, samples on YOUTUBE, the voices of others, that’s why people are sat on the fence, but even with Dusans broken English (and no disrespect to Dusan) there is a clear message coming from him, he is feed up to put it mildly regardless of the technicalities, Dusan’s not got rose colored glass on.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282420 - 03/09/10 12:56 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Tonewheeldude Offline

I have learned to my peril not to talk about new products or releases until they have, at the very least, been shipped from the factory. Why?

1) The manufacturer doesn't like it.
2) release dates ALWAYS change.
3) Customers become frustrated.

We made the mistake a few years ago of telling Hammond XE1 owners that a lower manual kit would be available for the single manual Hammond. Some people brought the XE1 on the premise that they would soon be able to make it into an organ. The lower manual had so many issues to be resolved to get it right, along with scheduling factory time that it was a year late. Our ears were well and truly...and rightly bashed.

I have on my ThinkPad a large amount of information and specifications plus stuff on my keyboard from a certain manufacturer of considerable interest on here at the moment that pertain to the very near future but for the three reasons above will not discuss them. Its hard to keep a secret (and great fun to tease) but in the long run I personally find it much safer and less frustrating for everyone to keep it to myself.

I am here because music is my hobby and to get into industry politics isn't so much fun, particuarly when I am the one on the recieving end of someone elses frustration.

And for poor Dusan. Why he didn't read the manufacturers blurb before purchasing is beyond me. If I spend a few pounds on anything I like to know exactly what I am getting...let alone £4000. There is, and never has been any official reference to a sequencer for the Audya.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 03-09-2010).]

#282421 - 03/09/10 01:52 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Tony and Leezone,
I know my English is not briliant and I learn ewery day haw to express what I want to say,I belive also:no one on that forum cant say "Hi" in my lenguage and I dont live in some Banana republic.
I am just talking about Audya and problems with Audya.That instrument is the best thing what i haw but is stell not stabil.(two time frizing on gig ,problems with PC conection,still dont recognize USB kay,cant edit styles on PC sequencer and so on).I simply expect from Ketron to solve broblems with Audya and give as stabile instrument with who can trust and haw good time to play.I buy Audya for that!
In ather hands what we get?Someone play game with coundawn ant try to say:you are get what you get and that is all.All athers things is BONUS.I cant agree with that and Audya is not a car...(people purchase Toyota cars as well and bring cars back to solve problems)
If Ketron ingenirs cant inplement sequencer on Audya then maby can give as simple "ins" file for.But they dont...they give as Style compiler who is allredy in Audya.

#282422 - 03/09/10 02:18 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Tonewheeldude Offline

Dusan, please read this:
http://forums.ketronmusic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=688

Tony was like you for a long time, but once he installed the OS correctly almost all of his problems were solved.

You may think you do not need to follow those instructions but I urge you to do it.

#282423 - 03/09/10 02:21 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Dusan Offline

Tonewheeldude,
If I am poor then I am not allone.If you read ather and this forum you can recognize fact eople haw problems with Audya and people spend money to haw one ,but spend for some really great instrument who is still in Beta wersion and expect end of Beta some day.

#282424 - 03/09/10 02:51 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusan:
Tonewheeldude,
If I am poor then I am not allone.If you read ather and this forum you can recognize fact eople haw problems with Audya and people spend money to haw one ,but spend for some really great instrument who is still in Beta wersion and expect end of Beta some day.

Dusan, it is easy to say such a thing but not so east to follow instructions is it?

When you have followed those instructions then please feel free to complain. Or if you do not feel inclined to follow them take your Audya back to the retailer and let them do it for you. If they will not help you they have no business selling an instrument like the Audya.

Also, rather than replying here, you should use the KETRON forum of synthzone as this is off topic.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 03-09-2010).]

#282425 - 03/09/10 07:00 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
AJ, I'm afraid that you have missed the entire POINT about the Roland Chord sequencer. To be perfectly frank, if you have to set up a chord sequence in advance, you might as well simply make an SMF of the arranger's MIDI output in total. Fran described its' strength - it was entirely interactive. Nothing needed setting up in advance (and to be honest, I don't know anyone who ever did use that ability).

Here are a few scenarios...

Let's say you are playing a jazz song, simply the head, repeated round and round. You sing it the first time through, take solos over the rest. After playing the intro, you hit 'Record' in the CS section, and play the head while you sing (or play the melody). In the last bar of the head, you hit 'Play' and from that point on, whatever chords you played are now looped... You can now solo, both hands, another instrument, anything you want, and the chords will get input for you! You also had a choice of whether the CS would record variation changes and fills, or simply the changes (my preference, as that one chord loop could now be built and shaped at will...

Now, at ANY point, you can hit 'Stop', and go back to regular input, play a vamp, play a bridge, whatever, and then if you want to go back to the head, hit 'Play' again. All seamless, all useful, all interactive, and NONE of it set up in advance.

Let's say you play a tune, and want to groove on a vamp for a while, solo, MC, whatever. Unlike the Ketron 'Riff' feature, you merely play the chords for the vamp ONE time, then hit the loop start... Bingo! No more having to use your preset chords.

I'm afraid that I, and probably MOST of the people that DID like the Roland Chord Sequencer (and there's a lot more of us than you think!) will not care much for the feature you have described. And anyway, Korg already have a 'chord track' feature, and to be honest, AFAIK, few use it. The thing that made the Roland system so wonderful was, just like most things about arrangers, it was completely interactive and immediate.

THAT'S what arranger players want. If you have to set it all up in advance, you might as well use an SMF and drop Markers in for different sections.

Please talk to your guys, and try to point this out...

#282426 - 03/09/10 07:34 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
leezone Offline

GREAT points,

and thanks for describong
sounds like a VERY USEFUL feature

now IF only Ketron can replicate this.

Diki, so this "in a way" is sort of like "capture last take" feature in Logic,
where you just played something, and did not record but it's there, in case you want it, always "recording", and available to you, when you want it

#282427 - 03/09/10 07:52 AM Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010
Dusan Offline

Tonewheeldude,
Thanks for advice,but I allredy didit 14 days ago.

Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online