Posted by: leezone

Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 01:16 PM

well seems like Ketron will be attending
March 24-27
Hall 5.0 B26

what are we gonna be surprised with?
i'm assuming OS4
i'm hoping AUDYA Module

countdown is at 23...or is it still @ 1?
Posted by: mc

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
March 24-27
Hall 5.0 B26

i'm assuming OS4
i'm hoping AUDYA Module

I don't think that there will be Audya module at all. but you never know.

Lee, you would pay $4800+/- for a audya module?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 01:24 PM

doesn't the AUDYA sell for less than $4,800?
i thought it was @ around $4,500

if Module had my 2GB RAM,
and my 1TB HD so i can store ALL my mp3's,
and a set of NEW modern sounds (synth&drums)
then maybe i would pay the $4,800 :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 01:28 PM

for those attending:
http://musik.messefrankfurt.com/content/...2010_GB_screen. pdf
Posted by: Magica Alfa

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 01:37 PM

I'm really happy for AUDYA. Guys who will come on MUSICMESSE?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 01:41 PM

but will they ONLY show the AUDYA again for the 4th time?

that is the question...
Posted by: Magica Alfa

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 02:10 PM

We will see. I hope that you can come there leezone

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 02:13 PM

Magica,

that's one long trip for me,

New York to Frankfurt,
send me my plane ticket
Posted by: Diki

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/01/10 03:01 PM

Quote:
doesn't the AUDYA sell for less than $4,800?
i thought it was @ around $4,500

if Module had my 2GB RAM,
and my 1TB HD so i can store ALL my mp3's,
and a set of NEW modern sounds (synth&drums)
then maybe i would pay the $4,800 :-)

Looks like you are setting yourself up for another non-purchasing decision. But make impossible requests from ANY manufacturer, and you'll NEVER buy another arranger. Might as well request 1024 voices as well, forty variations, 20,000 fills, an Orville VH, built in Lexicon PCM 96 Surround, 7.1 Dolby output and an espresso machine built-in, too

That ought to save you some money

I'm still not quite sure you realize the workload of using a built-in sampler, rather than a V-Machine, though. Have you used one much before? If so, you probably realize that even if it accepts Akai format, ONLY the samples and their keymaps (and even that, in the case of velocity cross-switched sounds is a hit or miss affair) come in. The envelopes, LFO's, ALL the sound engine programming WON'T import. You will have to do it ALL by yourself, for EVERY sound. And don't get me started about drumkits!

It all SEEMS like a good idea until you end up working 24/7 just to get one good string library or a huge piano's envelopes and filters all tweaked to perfection. Then you might start to appreciate the time saving nature of a V-Machine, where you'll be able to load in libraries with this work already done for you...

Trust me on this one... I've got a K2500. It imports Akai, Roland, you name it. But, just like everything out there OTHER than computer samplers, getting the samples loaded up is maybe only 10% of the battle. Only Kurzweil native libraries come in with all the associated programming. And, as Ketron really have next to NOTHING in their own, albeit limited format, you are facing a mountain of work just to justify even ONE 1 or 2GB load in its' entirety. Let alone a TB's worth!

You CAN already swap out the Audya's HD for one a lot bigger, I believe, so your MP3 library is not an issue no matter HOW big it is (1TB of MP3's? REALLY? ). But the sampler issue is a tough one, I'm afraid. I don't make the V-Machine recommendation lightly, only in the knowledge of the hurdles you will face in the unlikely event of Ketron actually adding what you THINK you need...
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 04:15 AM

Quote:
Magica,

that's one long trip for me,

New York to Frankfurt,
send me my plane ticket

Leezone,

It's only 1 hour on a plane for me, but I'm not going I might see something better than anything else and fall for the old story, "Best kb in the World", I think we should have a collection and send Diki, what do you think Diki. He'll sort them KB manfactures out, I would love to be just over is shoulder, or ever sat on it, it would be hellish fun.

Regards

Tony

PS he would just come back with the leaflets

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 09:04 AM

It's $2300 round trip from where I live to Frankfurt

That's nearly half an Audya...

Tell you what, send me half an Audya, and I'll buy the other half

I don't need to go to Frankfurt to find out what I need to know. In fact, NAMM and many other trade fairs are dying out because the internet is capable of doing what they do so much more efficiently, these days.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I don't need to go to Frankfurt to find out what I need to know. In fact, NAMM and many other trade fairs are dying out because the internet is capable of doing what they do so much more efficiently, these days.

Diki,

I have two half brothers and two half sisters, then my dad took the saw off me. Which half of the Audya do you want and be careful how you answer that.

Tony
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 09:31 AM

Quote:

The internet can't really tell me what a Keyboard is like...

To get a good idea if i will like it i'd atleast need a few hours handson with an arranger...

Just today a friend of mine ordered a midi master keyboard without ever having seen it in real time... I guess he could be very dissapointed

Same goes for these big shows, hearing and seeing somehting on the web does not even come close to hearing it played on a demonstration.

Next to that these places are the perfect place to meet other people in the music buiseness.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 10:05 AM

I'm afraid that nowadays, many successful bands have ONLY been heard in MP3 format... But if it's good enough to make someone's career, it ought to be good enough to judge an arranger by.

I think there's altogether too much residual derision of MP3's left over from the early days, when they didn't sound very good, and tended to be encoded at pretty low bitrates to allow streaming on dialup and early DSL. Nowadays, the state of the art is MUCH higher. To be honest, I listen to most of my CD collection in iTunes, ripped at 192 or 256kbps, and I don't miss much at all...

So, essentially, if the recording of the arranger is a great one in the first place (and that's often where half the problem comes from), and it is encoded on a quality encoder at moderately high bitrates, and than played back on something other than crappy computer speakers (that's where the other half of the problem comes from), it's tough to tell the original from the MP3.

To be honest, most of what I've posted sounds virtually IDENTICAL to the real thing. That's how good things have got. Certainly close enough that I can make an informed opinion about an arranger without having to hear one live.

But ONLY if the two halves are dealt with. A GREAT recording, through GREAT speakers, and it doesn't really make much difference if it is live or a high quality MP3. A billion iTunes downloads can't all be wrong! If you are having problems liking high quality MP3's, I'd take a MUCH closer look at your speakers, then your soundcard, than worrying whether good demos aren't up to snuff...

Remember, this isn't an acoustic instrument we are talking about. At best, an arranger has 16bit samples, so you've lost a large percentage of the dynamic range right there... And if an MP3 can make an acceptable playback of a commercial CD (these DO tend to be well recorded, though ) it should have no problem with the even LESS dynamics of an arranger.

I'll gladly post up a .wav and a good MP3, and challenge you to tell them apart in blind listening test any day. Bet you can't get it right 100% of the time

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 12:59 PM

countdown is now at 22

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 02:54 PM

FYI,

this countdown will change everyday
and will not get stuck at 1

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 07:42 PM

Quote:
FYI,

this countdown will change everyday
and will not get stuck at 1

Leezone,

You are not going to drag me in on the countdown, if AJ's not up for it, I'm not

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/02/10 10:24 PM

Why even bother, Lee? You KNOW they aren't ever going to come out with what you want (or I bet you would have added some things even more unlikely, like under five pounds weight!).

You either buy the Audya for what it DOES, at the price it IS, or you sit there staring at a clock you know hasn't been wound... And that you know the spring is broke even if they wound it (and you don't really care what the time is, anyway! You've got a perfectly good wristwatch)

Give it a rest, chum...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/03/10 07:58 AM

Diki,

what i want is an AUDYA module
nothing wrong with asking for MORE, rather than "less"

and if it comes out...
then maybe i may have to break my piggy bank

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/03/10 02:03 PM

countdown is now at 21

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/03/10 03:01 PM

No, Lee. What you want is a module with considerably better specs than the keyboard version (and for a lot less)...

If all you asked for is a module version of the Audya, as is, you are very likely (it seems) to get your wish. But you have to pile all sorts of impossible or improbable demands ON TOP of the basic desire for a module, and that is where you are likely to end up disappointed.

BTW, any comments about my point of the workload of preparing huge sample libraries for a non-native sampler? I keep making what I think are relevant points, and you keep ignoring them completely. The real world is a totally different place to where you want to live, I fear, my friend...
Posted by: abacus

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/04/10 01:27 AM

I’m with Diki regarding a sampler, to make your own samples is extremely difficult, (Unless your just adding a few sound effects) this is why a keyboard that cannot accept 3rd party samples and instruments (VSTi etc.) is a none starter for me, as while I don’t have the skill to make them, there are that many available that I don’t need to.

Bill

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/04/10 08:36 AM

countdown is now at 20

p.s. my counter is working well isn't it?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/04/10 12:04 PM

Better than your ability to reply to my comments...

Bill, I'm not talking about MAKING your own samples. Yes, that's beyond the capabilities of most of us here, especially large multi-sampled, multi-velocity-switched acoustic instruments. I'm just talking about the work you have to do to add the correct envelopes, LFO's, velocity to ADSR and filter amounts, and the like to samples that you bring in with even their keymaps intact. It's still a herculean task on a big library...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 06:39 AM

countdown is now at 19

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 01:38 PM

Set your clocks... at 1 sec after zero, leezone will feign disappointment that the new Audya module doesn't have 2GB RAM and a TB drive, and that it isn't $2000 cheaper than the keyboard version, and regretfully decide not to buy it...

The Amazing Kreskin predicts...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 01:42 PM

Diki,

do you own any Ketron?

this would be my 3rd Ketron product

and it's ok , if it only has 1GB Ram :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 01:55 PM

Diki,

i heard the new AUDYAS will easily play your Eb Maj9 sus4 and Gb Min Maj11 chords
ALL in audio, no midi

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 01:56 PM

Leezone, does it matter if I did or not..?

Anyone with half a brain can read between the lines about your love/hate relationship with the Audya.

You are waiting for the Audya2, the Audya1 will never satisfy you or you would have one already. Simple as that. But please keep posting constantly. It's probably therapeutic

What was it about your CURRENT Ketron that made you decide it didn't NEED 2GB RAM, a TB drive, USB2, and an espresso machine? Perhaps if you thought carefully about that, you might reconsider your impossible wishlist for buying an Audya now, rather than after a countdown that will NEVER reach zero, as far as you are concerned?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 02:02 PM

when you said my countdown won't reach zero, you meant AJ's?

chances of ME buying another Ketron product are greater than you buying

i love Ketron stuff, hence i own 2
i love current AUDYA
but i want a Module, and just HOPE it's an improvement over the existing
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 02:03 PM

Wow, with Tony in rehab, it didn't take long for someone to step up and fill the (Audya) void.

chas

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 03:22 PM

Quote:
i want a Module, and just HOPE it's an improvement over the existing

But... if it isn't any different, will you buy one? From ALL your posts, it looks EXTREMELY unlikely.

And you (once again) didn't answer my question about what made your current Ketron a 'must have' even though it doesn't have ANY of the things you now seem to need so desperately?

Oh, BTW, if you are basing your Audya purchase on 2GB RAM (or even just the one) and a TB drive, to be perfectly honest, I'm more likely to buy one than you are!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 03-05-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/05/10 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Wow, with Tony in rehab, it didn't take long for someone to step up and fill the (Audya) void.

chas

Chas,

I'm feeling much better now, now I know there is no such thing as OS4, only LOINSTRACS. Thanks for thinking of me in a nice way Chas.

Tony in a darkened room, drugged up!
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Chas,

I'm feeling much better now, now I know there is no such thing as OS4, only LOINSTRACS. Thanks for thinking of me in a nice way Chas.

Tony in a darkened room, drugged up!

Tony, I hope you realize that I'm only kidding around. Heck, I tease everybody, Russ, Ian, Fran, even Diki (and we KNOW that's dangerous territory ), so don't feel picked on. It's just me being silly.

chas

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Tony, I hope you realize that I'm only kidding around. Heck, I tease everybody, Russ, Ian, Fran, even Diki (and we KNOW that's dangerous territory ), so don't feel picked on. It's just me being silly.

chas

Chas,

I know, I am only kidding about the drugs, but Ketron could get you that way if you let it, Chas when all this ends we can say it's been a good old laugh, "on me"!

I have had a good kicking and I deserve it.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 01:08 PM

countdown now at 18...
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 05:43 PM

leezone

Module coming up ... Your wish will be granted.

Count down at 0.5. It's coming - and strong too.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 07:15 PM

AJ,

you da man

cant wait...
will it be at Messe?

what can you say about?

better than current AUDYA?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 07:39 PM

Quote:
AJ,

you da man

cant wait...
will it be at Messe?

what can you say about?

better than current AUDYA?

Leezone,

You da man, not AJ, AJ got the Mickey Mouse watch, made by Ketron, the one with the ball bearing puzzle in it, wind up, when the main spring breaks it slashes your wrist. Take not a blind bit of notice of what AJ says, just go and look at Ketron SZ, it's akin to a graveyard without the flowers, someone will go and visit once a week! AJ’s timescale is in radioactive contamination years, there half life, he’s off again with his Geiger Counter. BTW, TWD knows more about all this OS4 mythical tosh than AJ and anyone else put together, he’s got a tumbler against the wall, wonder if he can hear that Hz table of James’s. If you are right Leezone Ketron are on with another mind-blowing, bespoke musical product, blow your bank balance, make you bankrupt, before they finished the last one, hope this one blows your socks off but not your mind! I’ll just turn that light off now and take my medication.
Good Night John-Boy

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 07:48 PM

im just happy to know that there WILL BE an AUDYA module...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 08:27 PM

Leezone,

Written this way, so I hopefully don't get in trouble ... One thing is for sure ... it'll be a rather compact guy having all of AUDYA's features ... with more Live drums and guitars elements and operations - 'and then some'. It's the AUDYA "RUOF".

It'll be shown within a couple of weeks with the Four.0 already loaded in (and the Four.O will be released right about the same time for the flagship, hence the 0.5 count). I think you will be pleased with this software also included in the module. As for the memory issue, let's just say we listened to you and others and tried to compromise on this. Watch out for KETRON's VCE (voicing at it's best, but you need to hear to believe), UVL (drastically simplifies operation), OTM (you thought we were done with Harmonies?) ... etc

That's all I can say. Back to testing and tweeking.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 08:38 PM

Ahhh ... also forgot Dikki's Chord Sequencing idea too ...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
Leezone,

Written this way, so I hopefully don't get in trouble ... One thing is for sure ... it'll be a rather compact guy having all of AUDYA's features ... with more Live drums and guitars elements and operations - 'and then some'. It's the AUDYA "RUOF".

It'll be shown within a couple of weeks with the Four.0 already loaded in (and the Four.O will be released right about the same time for the flagship, hence the 0.5 count). I think you will be pleased with this software also included in the module. As for the memory issue, let's just say we listened to you and others and tried to compromise on this. Watch out for KETRON's VCE (voicing at it's best, but you need to hear to believe), UVL (drastically simplifies operation), OTM (you thought we were done with Harmonies?) ... etc

That's all I can say. Back to testing and tweeking.

Leezone,

Watch it "It's the AUDYA "RUOF". blow your roof of now, gotabi mind blowingly expensive, they need to change the first letter for a F , FUOF... read into that what you like. Hell AJ's writing in some sort of code, Leezone can you unscramble it for us, is it Turbo C, or C++. I have just pushed this through Enigma and it came out with 0.5 is = to 2 weeks , half a month, I would have never got it without Enigma, clever lad AJ.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-06-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-06-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/06/10 10:27 PM

Quote:
March 24-27
Hall 5.0 B26

i'm assuming OS4
i'm hoping AUDYA Module

Leezone,

If they put OS4 on their site "NOW" there is still time for us Audya owners to de-bugg it before Musikmesse 2010, well twas a thought!
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 12:37 AM

AJ,
are all of the updates and upgrades coming now done only by software,
or is any of it related to other hardware than already inside Audya as
first shipped ?

Cheers
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 03-07-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
AJ,
are all of the updates and upgrades coming now done only by software,
or is any of it related to other hardware than already inside Audya as
first shipped ?

Cheers
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 03-07-2010).]

Jonny,

I can't make head or tail of AJ's text, can you.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
Ahhh ... also forgot Dikki's Chord Sequencing idea too ...

OMG...! You know how to tease a guy, don't you?

I got two, maybe three guys down here all over this sucka, you put a REAL Chord Sequencer in it...

There's very little posted here about people that play OTHER instruments AND arrangers, but in all reality, how do you play in arranger mode AND play a secondary instrument WITHOUT a chord sequencer...?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 09:23 AM

so Diki

im sure you know my next question...

now that you "might" see chord sequencer in AUDYA, is one in YOUR future?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 10:05 AM

Well, it's a LOT more likely with that feature implemented correctly (AJ, message me if you want any insights into how it ought to work!). It's still a lot more money than I can spare, right now, and I STILL am unwilling to buy one without trying it, and there isn't a dealer within hundreds of miles from me, so it still looks unlikely for now. But that one feature changes EVERYTHING.

I play trombone, and at the moment, the ONLY way I can play it with my arranger is to use SMF's. I'd like to go back to how I played when I had the G1000... but Roland have dropped the ball (best feature they EVER had all to themselves).

Someone else wants to pick it back up, I'm going to have to seriously consider it for my NEXT arranger...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 10:14 AM

diki

excuse my ignorance,
but do you have any video that shows what this chord sequncer is/does,

i have the G-800, does this have?

just wondering how this chord sequ. on AUDYA would help me

thanks

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 12:03 PM

leezone

Chord sequencer should work as such (from my understanding)... pretty much replacing your LEFT hand when in Arranger mode and playing a style.

METHOD-1. You can pre-determine what chords and the length/bars each chord should play for. Once you have the entire sequence, select a style and activate the chord sequencer. The style plays and changes chords automatically based on your new chord table. You can apply the sequence to any style...

* Enter chord sequencer menu.
* Enter table as such:-

CHORDS - BAR LENGTH
-> C - 4 bars
-> Bb - 2 bars
-> F - 2 bars
-> C - 4 bars
-> LOOP - 2 TIME(S)
-> Am - 8 bars
-> G - 4 bars
-> G7 - 4 bars
-> LOOP - 2 TIME(S)
-> END2 - 1 TIME(S)

In the example above (written as a psudeocode), when you activate the CHORD Seq., select a style and press START, the style starts to play and automatically follows the chord sequence you put in (no need to play the left hand). When it gets to the LOOP point, it repeats the entire sequence above the LOOP point - twice. When it gets to the end, it plays the ENDING 1 once. As it goes through the sequence, you can press ARR A, B, C or D or fills and they all play through the chord sequence. Screen shows point of sequence as it executes it. You can scroll back to any point of the sequence and press ENTER and at the next bar, the keyboard goes right back to that point (manual over-ride of sequence) and continues the sequence control from there.

METHOD-2. You play the chord sequence into a 'blank midifile', i.e you enter into record mode (as though you want to record a performance as a midifile). You play through the entire sequence (as you would on a gig) and press SAVE at the end to save the new midifile (a proprietory file which only records your chord changes). Now you select this special midifile (KRX) and select a style you want to associate it with and press START. The midifile plays but since the file is 'empty - no tracks' all that plays back is your chord sequences which now trigger and control the selected style. You can change from style to style but the arranger keeps playing.

Hopefully, this is sort of what Dikki was refering to. METHOD-2 I believe is what was adopted in this release.

Thanks,

AJ

[This message has been edited by Ketron_AJ (edited 03-07-2010).]
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 12:24 PM

AJ..not exactly..Roland's on the G1000..you do not have to set up or type chords before hand....Pick any style..activate the chord sequencer...and play normally ..when you are ready to loop the play back..push the proper chord seq button, and it will continue the chord seq..You can change patterns(as in other styles) or variations..fills intros ..anything while the chord progression continues...you can pause the chord seq, and play again anything different..with or without recording the seq again....Chord sequences can be saved for future reloads...but the fun and power of the Roland chord seq..is the ability to use at random and on the fly..

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 01:37 PM

countdown is now at 18

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/07/10 04:14 PM

AJ

i wanna know more,
i wanna see :-(

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 06:40 AM

and the countdown is at 16...in case anyone cares

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 07:14 AM

Quote:
AJ

i wanna know more,
i wanna see :-(

You now just sound like my eight year old daughter

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 07:35 AM

you mean like "are we there yet?"
Posted by: Dusan

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 07:48 AM

No chords sequencer in Audya....Haw to aces to sequencer if dont exsist AJ?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 08:00 AM

Dusan,

i think AJ was hinting that the new AUDYA module and/or AUDYA61 will have chord sequencer,

not sure about existing "old" AUDYA

BRING IT :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 09:09 AM

Leezone
my Audya is two mounth new and after that time is old ond with no sequencer.Can you imagine that.My car is two years old and is new for me....
What AJ want to tell as?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 09:36 AM

Dusan,

maybe OS4 will give you and ALL AUDYA owners the Chord Sequencer

i dont know

but AJ does know :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 10:00 AM

Leezone

If OS4 dont haw sequencer then I lost my 4000 Euro.I dont nead kayboard with no sequencer and I belive Ketron give as that staf.If not I will bring back Audya to Ketron personaly in AJ hand.

I mean seriously!What is anaf,is anaf....

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusan:
Leezone

If OS4 dont haw sequencer then I lost my 4000 Euro.I dont nead kayboard with no sequencer and I belive Ketron give as that staf.If not I will bring back Audya to Ketron personaly in AJ hand.

I mean seriously!What is anaf,is anaf....

Steady on Dusan there is only me allowed to bitch at this level. Anyway what OS4 are you talking about there isn't one!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 10:25 AM

tony,

don't you remember countdown is at 0.5

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 11:17 AM

Tony
I believe all musicians who purchase an Audya in Beta version,believe in Ketron and believe AJ in near future finaly haw OS who can setisfije most of users and solve all bugs.But what then if they dont setisfije as?Who play game with Audya users and wont thell as what we can expect...count down and something like that...I supose we are not children but serious people!
Then is not only money problem,its much more of that...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 11:21 AM

"I dont nead kayboard with no sequencer "

Dusan, no disrespect

but didn't you know AUDYA did not have Chord Sequencer before you bought it?

the fact that they "may" now add it is a BONUS

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 11:37 AM

Leezone
only what I konw befor purchasing is fact:Audya is stell in Beta wersion and Ketron ingeners working on new OS-call them OS4.I know also Audya can frize,Audya cant recognize USB kay and Audya may haw many bugs.
Like I say befor:I belive in Ketron cos instrument with that price must haw what haw the Bigest ones and sequencer is in that list.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 12:06 PM

Dusan,

a keyboard is like a car
you gotta test drive it, before you buy it
if you like it, you buy it
if you don't like it, you don't buy it

problem is that KETRON dealers are very few and far between,
and even many Ketron dealers (in NY for example), DO NOT HAVE AUDYA on the floor.

that's the problem for many like Diki
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 03:30 PM

AJ and I are friends. It really bothers me that you have to attack someone's character and position with Ketron. Here's the deal.

Ketron has purposely let you keep the Audya name on everyone's minds free of charge.

All products releases and 4.0 have been designed to be launched at the Musik Messe.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 03-08-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 04:06 PM

Correction - I didn't say a Sequencer is coming in Four.0. No sequencer in either models either (last unit with seq. was SD1Plus).

I described a Chord Sequencer as I understood it to be so as to know how we implement this (in the AUDYA line up). The METHOD-2 version (with regards to the comment for Dikki) should be in Four.0 AND other modules.

Thanks,

AJ

PS: "RUOF" and "EVIF" read backwards is... Get it yet?

[This message has been edited by Ketron_AJ (edited 03-08-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:

AJ and I are friends. It really bothers me that you have to attack someone's character and position with Ketron. Here's the deal.

Ketron has purposely let you keep the Audya name on everyone's minds free of charge.

All products releases and 4.0 have been designed to be launched at the Musik Messe.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 03-08-2010).]

Dan,

Look the problem is this, AJ started this OS4 countdown and it's become a bit of a joke, not on Ketron, on AJ, Ketron have stayed completely out of this and AJ is the self confessed and committed messenger, it’s no use blaming us for having a go, everyone appears to think that AJ has the ears and eyes of Ketron and therefore whatever AJ says must be true, well I for one think that perception is well and truly buried. Now you are saying “All products releases and 4.0 have been designed to be launched at the Musik Messe”. Why didn’t AJ just says this in November last year, no one was asking for any more. And Dan what the hell does this mean “Ketron has purposely let you keep the Audya name on everyone's minds free of charge”. For this I am truly thankful, I trust Ketron are as truly thankful for my £4000.00 which I gave them. Ketrons silence on this matter speaks volumes and I will be proved right all along and what others think, they don’t give a toss. Dan thanks for your input I do hope you are right about your dates which I am now sure you are and that OS4 will be out before the end of this month. As far as AJ is concerned, I don’t know why he set out on this mission of intrigue, it’s got most of us completely foxed. My advice to AJ for his own sanity is to take no notice of what Ketron say to him, they have been telling me the same tosh " OS4 we be out in a few days”, when they know it won't be, talking to Ketron like computers, garbage in garbage out and their promise are like our local pub advert “Free beer here tomorrow”

Regards
Tony

Oh and BTW ... I lliw eb ytxis neves siht raey , woh looc si taht.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-08-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/08/10 10:46 PM

Quote:
Dusan,

a keyboard is like a car
you gotta test drive it, before you buy it
if you like it, you buy it
if you don't like it, you don't buy it

problem is that KETRON dealers are very few and far between,
and even many Ketron dealers (in NY for example), DO NOT HAVE AUDYA on the floor.

that's the problem for many like Diki

Leezone,

In the real World I agree with what your are saying, but if no one’s got a KB to try your in a loop, a closed one at that, you may have to accept Ketron word, leaflet, samples on YOUTUBE, the voices of others, that’s why people are sat on the fence, but even with Dusans broken English (and no disrespect to Dusan) there is a clear message coming from him, he is feed up to put it mildly regardless of the technicalities, Dusan’s not got rose colored glass on.

Regards
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 12:56 AM

I have learned to my peril not to talk about new products or releases until they have, at the very least, been shipped from the factory. Why?

1) The manufacturer doesn't like it.
2) release dates ALWAYS change.
3) Customers become frustrated.

We made the mistake a few years ago of telling Hammond XE1 owners that a lower manual kit would be available for the single manual Hammond. Some people brought the XE1 on the premise that they would soon be able to make it into an organ. The lower manual had so many issues to be resolved to get it right, along with scheduling factory time that it was a year late. Our ears were well and truly...and rightly bashed.

I have on my ThinkPad a large amount of information and specifications plus stuff on my keyboard from a certain manufacturer of considerable interest on here at the moment that pertain to the very near future but for the three reasons above will not discuss them. Its hard to keep a secret (and great fun to tease) but in the long run I personally find it much safer and less frustrating for everyone to keep it to myself.

I am here because music is my hobby and to get into industry politics isn't so much fun, particuarly when I am the one on the recieving end of someone elses frustration.

And for poor Dusan. Why he didn't read the manufacturers blurb before purchasing is beyond me. If I spend a few pounds on anything I like to know exactly what I am getting...let alone £4000. There is, and never has been any official reference to a sequencer for the Audya.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 03-09-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 01:52 AM

Tony and Leezone,
I know my English is not briliant and I learn ewery day haw to express what I want to say,I belive also:no one on that forum cant say "Hi" in my lenguage and I dont live in some Banana republic.
I am just talking about Audya and problems with Audya.That instrument is the best thing what i haw but is stell not stabil.(two time frizing on gig ,problems with PC conection,still dont recognize USB kay,cant edit styles on PC sequencer and so on).I simply expect from Ketron to solve broblems with Audya and give as stabile instrument with who can trust and haw good time to play.I buy Audya for that!
In ather hands what we get?Someone play game with coundawn ant try to say:you are get what you get and that is all.All athers things is BONUS.I cant agree with that and Audya is not a car...(people purchase Toyota cars as well and bring cars back to solve problems)
If Ketron ingenirs cant inplement sequencer on Audya then maby can give as simple "ins" file for.But they dont...they give as Style compiler who is allredy in Audya.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 02:18 AM

Dusan, please read this:
http://forums.ketronmusic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=688

Tony was like you for a long time, but once he installed the OS correctly almost all of his problems were solved.

You may think you do not need to follow those instructions but I urge you to do it.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 02:21 AM

Tonewheeldude,
If I am poor then I am not allone.If you read ather and this forum you can recognize fact eople haw problems with Audya and people spend money to haw one ,but spend for some really great instrument who is still in Beta wersion and expect end of Beta some day.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 02:51 AM

Quote:
Tonewheeldude,
If I am poor then I am not allone.If you read ather and this forum you can recognize fact eople haw problems with Audya and people spend money to haw one ,but spend for some really great instrument who is still in Beta wersion and expect end of Beta some day.

Dusan, it is easy to say such a thing but not so east to follow instructions is it?

When you have followed those instructions then please feel free to complain. Or if you do not feel inclined to follow them take your Audya back to the retailer and let them do it for you. If they will not help you they have no business selling an instrument like the Audya.

Also, rather than replying here, you should use the KETRON forum of synthzone as this is off topic.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 07:00 AM

AJ, I'm afraid that you have missed the entire POINT about the Roland Chord sequencer. To be perfectly frank, if you have to set up a chord sequence in advance, you might as well simply make an SMF of the arranger's MIDI output in total. Fran described its' strength - it was entirely interactive. Nothing needed setting up in advance (and to be honest, I don't know anyone who ever did use that ability).

Here are a few scenarios...

Let's say you are playing a jazz song, simply the head, repeated round and round. You sing it the first time through, take solos over the rest. After playing the intro, you hit 'Record' in the CS section, and play the head while you sing (or play the melody). In the last bar of the head, you hit 'Play' and from that point on, whatever chords you played are now looped... You can now solo, both hands, another instrument, anything you want, and the chords will get input for you! You also had a choice of whether the CS would record variation changes and fills, or simply the changes (my preference, as that one chord loop could now be built and shaped at will...

Now, at ANY point, you can hit 'Stop', and go back to regular input, play a vamp, play a bridge, whatever, and then if you want to go back to the head, hit 'Play' again. All seamless, all useful, all interactive, and NONE of it set up in advance.

Let's say you play a tune, and want to groove on a vamp for a while, solo, MC, whatever. Unlike the Ketron 'Riff' feature, you merely play the chords for the vamp ONE time, then hit the loop start... Bingo! No more having to use your preset chords.

I'm afraid that I, and probably MOST of the people that DID like the Roland Chord Sequencer (and there's a lot more of us than you think!) will not care much for the feature you have described. And anyway, Korg already have a 'chord track' feature, and to be honest, AFAIK, few use it. The thing that made the Roland system so wonderful was, just like most things about arrangers, it was completely interactive and immediate.

THAT'S what arranger players want. If you have to set it all up in advance, you might as well use an SMF and drop Markers in for different sections.

Please talk to your guys, and try to point this out...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 07:34 AM

GREAT points,

and thanks for describong
sounds like a VERY USEFUL feature

now IF only Ketron can replicate this.

Diki, so this "in a way" is sort of like "capture last take" feature in Logic,
where you just played something, and did not record but it's there, in case you want it, always "recording", and available to you, when you want it

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 07:52 AM

Tonewheeldude,
Thanks for advice,but I allredy didit 14 days ago.
Posted by: Irishacts

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Dusan, please read this:
http://forums.ketronmusic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=688

Tony was like you for a long time, but once he installed the OS correctly almost all of his problems were solved.

You may think you do not need to follow those instructions but I urge you to do it.

He installed it correctly ?
In all fairness how do you install the OS wrong if Ketron are using a Checksum ?

If the OS can be installed wrong, then it's Ketron's fault.

Regards
James

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
In all fairness how do you install the OS wrong if Ketron are using a Checksum ?

Regards
James

James,

It never was made completely clear why the Auyda locked up, I never did do anything differently each time I loaded the updates on and I don’t think anyone else knows either, I think I did see a statement from Ketron UK that they found the reason why Audyas were locking up, not Ketron IT. I may be wrong someone will correct me if I am. It’s a bit tetchy when you think about it that you need to be put these backups on in a religious manner or it will nip you up the backside. The main problem appears to be support if it’s English it’s great, well almost, anywhere else and you have serious problem. Yamaha might well be the answer rather than a company that don’t frankly have the recourses to service World Wide and that is a fact that no one can deny. Even distribution of the KB is dubious and spare parts appears dire. And as you say James If the OS can be installed wrong, then it's Ketron's fault. With you all the way, it should be fool-proof and it's not.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-09-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 09:18 AM

Quote:
Dusan, it is easy to say such a thing but not so east to follow instructions is it?

Also, rather than replying here, you should use the KETRON forum of synthzone as this is off topic.

TWD,

The Ketron SZ is a graveyard, but it won't be after OS4 there will be much singing, merriment people dancing around naked , it will be safe for AJ to go back in the water and all will be well, you’ll see, all be a BONUS, two Christmases in one year, hell! And LuckytoBthere, I’ll name that tune in one!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 09:42 AM

Quote:

Regards
James

Exactly that I am talking about all that time.My dealer never open box with Audya and only can reload all updates like I can do.
And I did it...
Who is finaly responsible for that and who dont want respond on my post to Ketron cos my Audya is stell unstabile and in Beta version?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 09:48 AM

Quote:
TWD,

The Ketron SZ is a graveyard, but it won't be after OS4 there will be much singing, merriment people dancing around naked , it will be safe for AJ to go back in the water and all will be well, you�l see, all be a BONUS, two Christmases in one year, hell! And LuckytoBthere, I�l name that tune in one!

Tony
that is wright words...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 12:49 PM

Quote:
Tony
that is wright words...

And those are rong words...
Posted by: DonM

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 12:53 PM

As I said on the SZ Ketron page, I am convinced OS4 is complete and they are merely making us wait so they can make a big deal of the release in Germany.
If I'm wrong we won't know because no one will respond to this, and probably won't read it.
I am becoming convinced that Ketron, at least in Italy, has no regard at all for their customers, once they have our money.
DonM

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 12:58 PM

sorry guys, i almost forgot

countdown is now at 15 days...

i almost sound like that famous lottery commercial with that guy..
"the New York's Mega Million jackpot is now...."

only in this case the lower the #, the better :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 01:13 PM

Look, you guys are counting down to the end of a war...

And we ALL know how wars tend to never REALLY end any more

I guarantee that no matter WHAT OS4 brings, the insurgency and the IED's will continue to go off for as long as Ketron make the Audya...

Nigel, can we put this interminable topic in the 'Hurt Locker'..?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 01:24 PM

then it will win a few "sound awards"

you like the AUDYA's sound Diki, that's what you're getting at right?? :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 01:25 PM

and Diki,

give me some credit for having a working counter...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 07:44 PM

Diki.

Understood and it makes more sense now the way you've described it. Let me see what I can do.

Thanks,

AJ

PS: Just so I understand it ... user is playing on the keyboard; at any point, you hit RECORD and from that point on, all chord changes are recorded. When you press PLAY, arranger plays automatically RIFF just recorded. User can choose in a MENU to have CS record Arranger changes (A, B, C , D, Fill ... etc or not). Right? If use presses RECORD once more, the old chord sequence is replaced with the new one, right? These chord sequences are lost when machine is turned off, correct (or is file sequence saved to HD)?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/09/10 08:28 PM

You COULD save Chord Sequences on G800/G1000, and load them up (it's what your 'Riff' feature needs AT A MINIMUM), but, as I said, I never met anyone that did...

The main point I may not have described correctly is that the CS had its' own controls. The Play/Stop/Record buttons were all dedicated (although with modern touch screens, and programmable buttons, no reason why you couldn't use the screen or sequencer buttons as double duty - unlikely you'd ever use both at the same time).

You know, the more I describe the CS, the more people understand its' value. I am just amazed that such a useful, interactive, no-brainer concept didn't garner a HUGE following, and a legion of copiers after Roland dropped it (after all, a LOT of Roland exclusive features got copied in the early days by other manufacturers ). Maybe it's just one of those features that rewards the better player, not perhaps the base user of arrangers

And, if you guys are interested, here are some ideas for ways to improve it even MORE... http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php?topic=376.0

In these days of 'looper pedals' for guitarists and the like, and programs like Ableton Live, that simplify creating hands free accompaniment, it seems strange that arrangers, the FIRST easy accompaniment tool, are still mired in the paradigm that the chords MUST be played, tying up your LH relentlessly, at ALL times. I don't want to go SMF completely, even with Markers to allow a bit more structural freedom, I LIKE playing in style mode. But when that means you can't do so much because of the drudgery of re-inputting repeated chord patterns over and over again...

What's a boy to do?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 06:56 AM

Quote:
And those are rong words...

Sorry Diki.If I understant you:that forum is only for good talking English people...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 06:59 AM

Dusan,

dont take Diki too seriously

he, I , and many others here are wise @sses

so smily faces, MEANS just kidding,

lighten up , and relax,
Posted by: msutliff

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 07:55 AM

Quote:
..and many others here are wise @sses

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;-)

Yeah, don't mind Diki, he was just being wascally.

-mike

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 01:32 PM

Ain't I a stinker..?!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 02:19 PM

and the coundown is now at 14...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 02:23 PM

can't wait to hear AUDYAS' 453 new GM Voices :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 02:32 PM

AJ,

the 4.0 that will be shown at Messe,
is this Beta or Final?

also, will 4.0 be available the day it's shown at Messe to all current AUDYA owners?

or will it all be a BIG tease?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 09:37 PM

Quote:
AJ,

the 4.0 that will be shown at Messe,
is this Beta or Final?

also, will 4.0 be available the day it's shown at Messe to all current AUDYA owners?

or will it all be a BIG tease?

Just like the day it was born a big tease, unfinished right to the end when you buy a Ketron, SSDD.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/10/10 09:45 PM

AJ.
Will the audya module. Or 61. Have SSD ?
That would be awesome.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/11/10 08:25 AM

and the countdown is at 13...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/11/10 09:23 AM

Sometimes i wonder if he wants to change Synthzone intoo Leezone

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/11/10 12:24 PM

Bachus,

or mabe change it to SynthLee

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/11/10 02:01 PM

Quote:
AJ.
Will the audya module. Or 61. Have SSD ?
That would be awesome.

The Jury is still out in my mind regarding SSD, I had an early one fail..no warning at all and its game over. I have had many more traditional drives fail admittedly but you normally get some warning and the data can be recovered unless the platters are damaged.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/15/10 08:02 AM

and the countdown is now at 9...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/15/10 02:04 PM

SSHD, HD, Zip, Floppy, it doesn't matter WHAT it is. Unless that drive is permanently backed up, you can lose data. HD's fail with no notice too, from time to time.

Follow good backup regimen, it won't MATTER what kind it is. Me, I'd rather have something with no moving parts any day in something I am pounding on day and night

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/15/10 07:42 PM

Diki,

but wouldn't you say SSD is MUCH MORE reliable than today's spinnin HD's?

so that's why AUDYA should have SSD,

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/15/10 10:34 PM

Quote:
Diki,

but wouldn't you say SSD is MUCH MORE reliable than today's spinnin HD's?

so that's why AUDYA should have SSD,

Thats not true...

MTBF from Spinning hard disks is 10 times higher then MTBF from SSD drives...

So SSD's are much less reliable, but SSD's are better at absorbiong shocks then spinning hard disks and these tests are conducted in a server room with no movement at all.

But still Hard disks with spinning heads are more reliable.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/15/10 11:47 PM

Only if not pounded on..!

My G70 has a 50MB SSHD. Five YEARS of completely reliable operation. How many of you even KEEP an arranger that long?

But that doesn't mean I don't keep a backup of the data with me at all times (on CD AND flash drive!), and have backed up the Internal memory to a Card that can be used if my SSHD fails on a gig.

But in arranger terms MTBF is about how many operations you are doing, and compared to computers or other users of SSHD's, the arranger only addresses the drive a fraction of normal usage.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

And yes, Lee, the Audya OUGHT to have one. At least now, you have yet another excuse to not buy one, if by some miracle they actually give you the other things you say you need... In fairness, the Audya, because of the audio loops and streaming audio files, would put MUCH more stress on the SSHD than a regular arranger, so perhaps you might consider a normal HD the better option?

Oh damn! Now you might have to buy one after all..!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/16/10 07:59 AM

Diki,

who will buy one first, me or you ?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/16/10 12:25 PM

and the countdown is now @ 8

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/16/10 01:50 PM

Frank,

don't forget to come up for air once in a while...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/16/10 06:47 PM

Quote:
Diki,

who will buy one first, me or you ?

Probably me... if you take seriously all of your wishful thinking. If you don't...

If you actually MEANT any of this endless litany of 'it OUGHT to have this, why doesn't it have that, I can't believe it doesn't have the other' there isn't a chance in hell you are EVER going to get one

And if you DON'T mean it, why post it?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/16/10 09:14 PM

Diki,

just cuz i ask for ALOT doesn't mean i expect ALOT,

and DOESN'T mean im not VERY interested in it, if what i ask for is not implemented

i just MAY surprise you :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/16/10 09:18 PM

and the countdown is @ 7...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/16/10 11:08 PM

Quote:
Frank,

don't forget to come up for air once in a while...

Leezone,

Frank is either besotted with OS4 Audya and speechless, captured by aliens like AJ was once, or just plain Frank sat in the backyard drinking wine and taking in the rays and hasn’t even loaded OS4 on yet! I think one word would do, good, bad or simply indifferent. I think Frank had to walk across broken bottles to get OS4, perhaps it wasn’t really worth all the fuss.7 days Leezone and the pain will be all over, it’s only taken 6 months

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/17/10 12:15 PM

i think Frank was sworn to secrecy when he was given OS4,

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/17/10 02:50 PM

Quote:
i think Frank was sworn to secrecy when he was given OS4,

Yep think your right Leezone

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/17/10 04:01 PM

and respect to him for doing so.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/17/10 11:00 PM

hey Frank,

can i drive by your place to test out this AUDYA with OS4?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/17/10 11:18 PM

Quote:
hey Frank,

can i drive by your place to test out this AUDYA with OS4?

Leezone,

Doesn't this just go to show that Ketron are so confident in their product i.e. OS4, that they need to open the valve slowly so that the end doesn't blow off due to bad plumbing. Do you think it will be squeaky clean when we get it, it’s like a murder mystery gone badly wrong, a beginning but no ending? Maybe Franks too embarrassed to say anything, if it was brilliant he would break his silence. It was purported to be mind blowing. I think Korg, Lionstracs and Bomtempi are in for a shock!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-17-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 07:04 AM

and the countdown is @ 6...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 09:48 AM

Quote:
and the countdown is @ 6...

Leezone,

You appear very confident with the countdown, why is that?

Tony
Posted by: Joe0710

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 10:47 AM

Hi together,

hope Leezone is right, but to be honest I doubt that we will get the update in March. From my point of view there are 2 scenarios:

1.) It is a marketing reason, then Leezone is right and we will get the update. But that means that the version must be already released internally. It makes no sense, to work on this version < 1 week before the fair as I guess Ketron have enough to to for the fair preparation.

2.) They are still working on this version.
If this is the case, they are now preparing the fair and after the fair they will finalize the version, i.e. we will get it by mid or end of April.

......I pray and beg for scenario 1.) :-)

Joe

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 11:45 AM

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 11:59 AM

Quote:

James,

Why does the Audya come in such a bloody big box, it's about 4 times bigger than LIONSTRACS, and LIONTRACS has a backup disk in the box! Must be that thick and comprehensive Audya Manual that takes up all the room, mine was missing!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe0710:
Hi together,

2.) They are still working on this version.
If this is the case, they are now preparing the fair and after the fair they will finalize the version, i.e. we will get it by mid or end of April.

Joe

Joe,

I hope you are wrong my whole World will come to an end, Diki leave it!

Regards

All in anticipation, we'll show James what for when we get our OS4. 400 new voices 400 new Styles and lots more?
Posted by: miden

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 12:18 PM

YOu guys must not really read all posts in a thread.

Frankieve has already stated he is testing OS4 now....

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 12:18 PM

Hi Tony.

Quote:
James,
Why does the Audya come in such a bloody big box, it's about 4 times bigger than LIONSTRACS, and LIONTRACS has a backup disk in the box! Must be that thick and comprehensive Audya Manual that takes up all the room, mine was missing!

lol... No idea, I didn't even know the box for the Audya was big.

You should see the manual and the box for the OASYS. I'd say KORG easily chopped down a Tree for each one.

Regards
James

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 02:20 PM

Quote:

haha..I thought EXACTLY the same thing before i came to this thread but didn't post it in case i offended anyone

when my daughter was younger I am certain she was convinced that we arrive on holiday ONLY because she keeps asking that question over and over.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 04:58 PM

i'm not saying OS4 will be RELEASED in 6 days
i'm saying it will be REVEALED...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/18/10 09:51 PM

Quote:
i'm not saying OS4 will be RELEASED in 6 days
i'm saying it will be REVEALED...

Leezone,

After all this we have had to endure, what with AJs mythical and clairvoyant predictions, I didn't think there would be one more ounce of ambiguity, but what do we expect nothing less will do. When DonM says it’s getting silly, it is getting silly and I think he did.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 09:00 AM

and the countdown is now @ 5...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 09:02 AM

AJ,

my countdown is catching up to yours :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 09:09 AM

Quote:
AJ,

my countdown is catching up to yours :-)

They have been on the same level quite some time now...
They are both meaningless...
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 09:28 AM

Lol, it's been difficult to get around all the shenanigans surrounding the Audya! I mean, had I of bought one instead of a T3 last month, what version of the Audya would I have got!!!! Just think if Ketron went bust now, people will only own a partially completed product - no thanks!!!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
Lol, it's been difficult to get around all the shenanigans surrounding the Audya! I mean, had I of bought one instead of a T3 last month, what version of the Audya would I have got!!!! Just think if Ketron went bust now, people will only own a partially completed product - no thanks!!!

Danny,

Don't go there, we are all clinging on to the Ketron wreakage as we speak. Don't use words like, bump, bang, bust, crash they make me nervous.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 10:14 AM

Quote:

rather a pointless and inacurate comment.

We have been on OS3 for ages, its stable and has everything on it that it was supposed to have.

The so called "shenanigans" are the grumbles of one or two bitter members that believe if you say something often enough it will be true, and are founded on nothing more than a lack of understading of the difference between bug fixes and upgrades.

Vesion 4 is an upgrade that gives people new features. Personally I think Ketron should have given away any bug fixes that are linked to version 4 and charged a a few hundred quid for the main upgrade, Maybe it would be appreciated more.

Actually, its not too late to try and convince Ketron to charge for it. Perhaps I should telephone now and see if its possible?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 10:21 AM

Quote:

We have been on OS3 for ages, its stable and has everything on it that it was supposed to have.

The so called "shenanigans" are the grumbles of one or two bitter members that believe if you say something often enough it will be true, and are founded on nothing more than a lack of understading of the difference between bug fixes and upgrades.

Vesion 4 is an upgrade that gives people new features. Personally I think Ketron should have given away any bug fixes that are linked to version 4 and charged a a few hundred quid for the main upgrade, Maybe it would be appreciated more.

Actually, its not too late to try and convince Ketron to charge for it. Perhaps I should telephone now and see if its possible?

Be like kissing a corpse if that’s what you want, it would stop me bitching if they went under, if Ketron have any more money off me it will be over my dead body.
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 10:25 AM

Tony, if it's any consolation, if I had some money spare from my T3 acquisition then I would consider trading in my PA1x putting it towards an Audya!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 10:26 AM

Quote:

TWD,

Thats what they said about the Titanic

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 10:44 AM

Quote:

TWD,

When you ring them, Monday now there shut, asks them when OS4 will be ready, you might get put on hold for a week! TWD do you carry that much clout with Ketron.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-19-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/19/10 11:38 AM

Quote:
TWD,

Thats what they said about the Titanic

nothing wrong with the Titanic..it was the person driving it

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/20/10 02:54 AM

Quote:
Tony, if it's any consolation, if I had some money spare from my T3 acquisition then I would consider trading in my PA1x putting it towards an Audya!

Danny,

I am really worried about you, you are not into self harming are you, go and see Dr M.S.James Turbitt he has the cure for your addiction to Auyda, a small dose of LIONSTRACS, every day for the rest of your life.

Good luck with your medication!
Tony

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/20/10 09:38 AM

And the countdown is at 4...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/20/10 10:02 PM

Here's the Ketron.it newsletter I received today:

Dear Valued Customer,

Here at Ketron we are counting the days to Frankfurt Music Show 2010 ( 24th - 27th March).
We can hardly contain our excitement due to a number of brand new Ketron products to be launched there.
For those of you who cannot attend in person, we will regularly update our website with the latest news.....and upload videos direct from our stand throughout the exhibition period. (visit www.ketron.it each day)

Following the show, those in the United Kingdom will have an opportunity to see & hear the Ketron range, and chat with Robert Messier during a week long Roadshow (March 28th to April 2nd).
The tour starts with a special event in which Retailers, Trade and Members of the Public are invited to attend and is followed by a series of informal, in-store demonstrations across England. (See www.ketronmusic.co.uk/roadshow ).

KETRON s.r.l.

Cambia la tua sottoscrizione
Cancellati

DonM

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/20/10 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Here's the Ketron.it newsletter I received today:

Dear Valued Customer,

Here at Ketron we are counting the days to Frankfurt Music Show 2010 ( 24th - 27th March).
We can hardly contain our excitement due to a number of brand new Ketron products to be launched there.
For those of you who cannot attend in person, we will regularly update our website with the latest news.....and upload videos direct from our stand throughout the exhibition period. (visit www.ketron.it each day)

Following the show, those in the United Kingdom will have an opportunity to see & hear the Ketron range, and chat with Robert Messier during a week long Roadshow (March 28th to April 2nd).
The tour starts with a special event in which Retailers, Trade and Members of the Public are invited to attend and is followed by a series of informal, in-store demonstrations across England. (See www.ketronmusic.co.uk/roadshow ).

KETRON s.r.l.

Cambia la tua sottoscrizione
Cancellati

DonM

Don,

Best kept secrets are the best, like the enigma Ketron are, I’ll bet there is a new Audya or and Audya Plus remember the SD1 it had a sister called SD1 Plus, it will make our Audya obsolete Don. There going right to the wire on this one, kept under wraps for 6 months now you can see why Drumermix got a ticking off and told to shut the hell up and Frank too. What they did to AJ is deplorable for what he as done for them over the years, it’s called riding rough shod over him here in the UK you perhaps have another name for it. You would want to be associated with them in business. Their statement “We can hardly contain our excitement due to a number of brand new Ketron products to be launched there”. Get the bloody products you put out in the market place right before you start launching new ones.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/20/10 11:44 PM

Quote:
And the countdown is at 4...

Leezone,

Isn't it just tosh that you are 6 hours behind Germany you need to put -6 hours on your predictions thus 6 hrs is .25 of a day it should read countdown is now 3 plus .25, therefore 3.25 and when you wake up you need to go to work and won't see the Messe videos you get home, hell just another nail in the coffin!

Cheers Leezone

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 01:22 AM

Leezone,

This is what you need. painting amd playing by numbers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VfxvnofAo&feature=related

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 02:54 AM

Don't worry Tony The Audya is their flagship and the one that will be promoted in the Roadshow.

As for not being right, wasn't your Audya sorted out ages ago when we found out it was somehow messed up during a software update?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 02:58 AM

Quote:
Don't worry Tony The Audya is their flagship and the one that will be promoted in the Roadshow.

As for not being right, wasn't your Audya sorted out ages ago when we found out it was somehow messed up during a software update?

Thanks TWD I was getting worried, you put my mind at rest.

Tone

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 03:25 AM

My pleasure. There are some good things coming out at Frankfurt but nothing that will make me want to swap an Audya like yours in for.

There is something I would like 'as well' as the Audya though.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 04:15 AM

Quote:
My pleasure. There are some good things coming out at Frankfurt but nothing that will make me want to swap an Audya like yours in for.

There is something I would like 'as well' as the Audya though.

Don't tell me TWD let me guess, OS4, see Leezone for a timetable on release date.

Tony

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 05:54 AM

No...not OS4 (although I am looking foward to that) Its something completely new.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 09:10 AM

Tony,

thats video,

is that the AUDYA we've all been waiting for?
Posted by: Robbo

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 05:45 PM

I still hope and pray that the SD5/3 Module gets the work its should have got by now, re extra styles and so on, god I hope its not going to end up being a pile of forgotten history. How bout this! Ketron offer a rebate to get the sd series updated (hardware) would that be cheaper than software design? which may not work anyway for what ever reason, makes sense to me, how bout it??
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/21/10 07:36 PM

I'm with you Robbo ... SD5 AND the Midjay Plus.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/22/10 06:53 AM

and the countdown is now at 2...

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/22/10 11:10 PM

Quote:
and the countdown is now at 2...

Leezone,

I'll do it for you can sleep over for another hour this morning, The COUNTDOWN = 1.00000 “REM it’s like the line of code in OS4 MS”
Leezone, I am so excited now I have become constipated, hope you are right with your predications it could be embarrassing if I need to tell my doctor!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 05:30 AM

and the countdown is now @ 1

AJ,
what's your countdown at now?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 09:16 AM

ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?

SHUT UP, KIDS...! DON'T make me come back there and take my belt off!

We get there when we get there

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 12:26 PM

Quote:
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?

We get there when we get there

Oh come on Diki this is it, just imagine the peace and tranquility if it all goes right with OS4 , you won’t be able to cope with it, anyway you have been very quiet recently, you have had lots of goodies to read about with Mr.M.S.James and I for one am watching with baited breath, I know nothing about the MS, what do you really think of it yourself Diki. I am sure you have studied its progress, I am a bit surprised that James found a bug only one day after he got it. Trust you are keeping well Diki.
Kind Regards

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-23-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 02:47 PM

Quote:

Me oh my Diki, what are going to hold your pants up when belt is off?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 03:39 PM

i think in Germany time...

the countdown is now at 0.5

yes?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 07:26 PM

Quote:
Me oh my Diki, what are going to hold your pants up when belt is off?

Nice one Jonny,

Diki didn't mean that anyway his trousers will be elasticated at his age, or he'll just breath out and they will stay up.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 07:31 PM

Quote:
i think in Germany time...

the countdown is now at 0.5

yes?

Leezone,

It's Ketron day zero in the UK and I got up early - I must be mad as hell, I'll get Nigel to chance my username to "OS4madashell" should have bought a MS, red! Embedded and burnt into those memory banks forever!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 07:56 PM

don't worry Tony

your 1GB of expandable ram,
your new expanded/improved sounds
your new kick @ss styles,
new audio grooves,
guitar grooves,
drum grooves,
bass,
kick butt vocalizer
are all on the way,
just a few more hours

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 08:03 PM

i forgot,

style/patt editor,
where you can edit EVERY note of all tracks

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 09:50 PM

Quote:
i forgot,

style/patt editor,
where you can edit EVERY note of all tracks

Leezone,

Frank will have packed his OS4 up now, signed it off as OK to Ketron, another job well done, or he's simply loaded 0S3 back on is double HDD Audya and binned OS4, back to the drawing board Ketron, Oooops ACAD. Wonder as Frank got MS or is he a dealer.

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 09:59 PM

i just wanna see my AUDYA MODULE :-)

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 10:06 PM

Well its deffinately started, I mean Musicmesse not Ketron, wouldn't you think that the ketron it website would have been updated by now with the news and so on, I mean nothing, I hope this is not going to be a fiasco and we are the joke

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/23/10 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Well its deffinately started, I mean Musicmesse not Ketron, wouldn't you think that the ketron it website would have been updated by now with the news and so on, I mean nothing, I hope this is not going to be a fiasco and we are the joke

No Robbo,

You wouldn't it will be right at the last minute or not at all, it's not even mentioned on their site. This is the way Ketron operate, fly by wire!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-23-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 02:10 AM

Three things

1. The show has not long opened, and it’s highly unlikely they will post anything on their site until it is officially launched.
2. There is no reason to assume that the official launch will be on the first day.
3. MusikMesse is primarily for dealers, NOT the public; therefore don’t assume the public will be informed at the same time.

Bill

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 02:29 AM

Hi Bill, when it comes to Ketron I don't assume anything, that's the point, they defy all logic,

as far as;

"1. The show has not long opened, and it’s highly unlikely they will post anything on their site until it is officially launched."

To quote the people in the know from the e-mail we all received, "we are so excited about what we will be unveieling, we can hardly contain ourselves", well it looks as though they are contained pretty well so far

"2. There is no reason to assume that the official launch will be on the first day."

Refer to point 1. When youv'e got something great, you dont wait till it's over to take the lead, and finally

"3. MusikMesse is primarily for dealers, NOT the public; therefore don’t assume the public will be informed at the same time."

Well you know this is where this industry has gone horribly wrong and indeed some part to Ketron, customers are what it's all about, and when you treat them with indifference and contempt, no amount of dealer spin is going to make it any better, I mean first out keyboardists are not going to spend $5k plus, so they are dealing with experienced hands, and they are not the ones to trifull with, they will make or break any company out there, as I said this better be good.

Still got the SD3 waiting for the extra styles and upgrades, waiting, waiting, waiting and so on. I'm sure you get the point Bill

Bill
Posted by: Impuls

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 06:56 AM

http://newsletter.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&id=16&Itemid=50&lang=ita

Yes
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 08:34 AM

Wow

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 08:50 AM

Just had a listen to the video demo of the Audya 5, and I have to say, it’s a big disappointment after all the hype, fortunately I don’t place much credence on online demos, so I will leave the final judgment until I try one. (The biggest disappointment of all were the organ sounds)
So far, if I had to be lumbered with a hardware board, then it would still be the Korg PA2x. (Fortunately I don’t)

Bill

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 10:02 AM

Looks like Ketron have been quite busy building new models,
but what OS is there when boot up?
Wonder why they put a 61 keys without speakers at the market?
Myself I would go for 76 anyway, but it was the first that
came into my mind when see the pictures.
Have to read the specs closer to see what/if differences form
"original" Audya.
Btw, where is Audya 2 and 3, did we miss something?

Cheers
GJ

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 10:06 AM

Quote:
Looks like Ketron have been quite busy building new models,
but what OS is there when boot up?
Wonder why they put a 61 keys without speakers at the market?
Myself I would go for 76 anyway, but it was the first that
came into my mind when see the pictures.
Have to read the specs closer to see what/if differences form
"original" Audya.

Cheers
GJ

Jonny they locked up so they scrapped them, just kidding!

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 10:08 AM

Quote:

lol.... Nobody in Ketron knows how to count. AJ's disaster of a countdown to OS 4.0 demonstrates that quite clearly.

Regards
James
Posted by: mc

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 10:34 AM

The module looks pretty cool, a little funky. Congrats, Ketron! Now I wonder what the price points will be at?

Just to expand on this, I'm very happy for Ketron that the keep trying to raise the bar.
They make a great product and I wish them all the best with their new products.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 03-24-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 10:44 AM

Quote:
lol.... Nobody in Ketron knows how to count. AJ's disaster of a countdown to OS 4.0 demonstrates that quite clearly.

Regards
James

James we'll be back on the MS shortly when we don't get the OS4 download for another 2 or 3 weeks that will be the rub. You know how it goes James, got the DVD and the tee-shirt and the scars on my back!

Tony

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 11:08 AM

JUst wondering if the 4 and 5 have the same hardware and options as the orriginal 76 key model.

I hope they have improved hardware, with more memmory and USB 2.0

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 01:00 PM

Someone please tell me is that it, 3 mins of demos all day, big deal, Dom all is forgiven bring back the man in the shorts on your MS.
Posted by: necdetdoni

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
JUst wondering if the 4 and 5 have the same hardware and options as the orriginal 76 key model.

I hope they have improved hardware, with more memmory and USB 2.0

In addition to the built in 64 MBs of RAM for more personalised sounds that can quickly be loaded from disk, we listened to our users' request for more memory and now, one can also upgrade this memory with a new expansion up to 256 MB to add to the internal wavetable a complete new Sound Bank

and i quess usb 1.1
Posted by: hitman

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 01:25 PM

Hmmm, 16 fully assignable switches on the Audya 5. The demo's, especially the drums sound very good. Man I just can't believe that would actually consider the Audya4 module.

[This message has been edited by hitman (edited 03-24-2010).]
Posted by: synerjim

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 02:40 PM

Excellent & great job Ketron!
Let me know when & where I can buy either Audya 4 or 5.
Jim

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 03:00 PM

How much $$$ are we talkin?

THAT IS THE QUESTION

hope its realistic and competitive

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 03:24 PM

listen to the drums after 4 minutes:
http://newsletter.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&id=135&Itemid=50&lang=eng

thats what i'm talking about

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 04:27 PM

Quote:
listen to the drums after 4 minutes:
http://newsletter.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&id=135&Itemid=50&lang=eng

thats what i'm talking about

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=7
Posted by: hellboy44

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 05:48 PM

Ok, that Module looks the goods to me.

All that talk of DJ looping/Fx Synching and user sampling makes me feel better, because up till now, I've noticed the Audya seemed to be a great "Live Sound" machine, but not much of it seemed to be geared towards Dance/DJ sounds.

I'd like to know if you can play MP3s in any key like the PA2x - that's important to me to some degree, not a dealbreaker, but.....

Oh yeah - how much will this module be again....???????????????????

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/24/10 06:03 PM

Why would Ketron tell you how much these new products cost?

They don't want to scare you away so quickly

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/25/10 12:35 PM

AJ,

can you tell me the dimensions for the AUDYA4 Module?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/25/10 12:40 PM

Quote:
Why would Ketron tell you how much these new products cost?

They don't want to scare you away so quickly

It will be less that an automobile, and it will MAKE you money!

DonM

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/25/10 01:33 PM

So is Ketron doing an attempt to get SA voices in OS4... like the Sax with the breath sound in between the breaks ?

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 03-25-2010).]

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/25/10 02:01 PM

is it me... or is that one sax player with some SERIOUS ASTHMA?

hope you can lower the volume on breathing between notes,

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/25/10 02:30 PM

nothing wrong with some heavy breathing now and then. oops did I type that out loud?

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/25/10 10:39 PM

Quote:
is it me... or is that one sax player with some SERIOUS ASTHMA?

hope you can lower the volume on breathing between notes,

Apparently Leezone the guy they got to do the Sax sample was a heavy smoker, if you wait 4 minutes in he starts coughing and blowing his nose, how the hell does this get us OS4, Ketron just go too far with gimmicks do we really need in this kind of tosh. Dom gets wind (like it wind) of this, hell knows what he will make of it, should it also be on the trumpet and cornet, what about voices, maybe a big gasp, and as Leezone says can you turn the thing off, if you can’t I won’t be playing the sax.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-25-2010).]
Posted by: skude

Re: Ketron-AUDYA @ Musikmesse 2010 - 03/26/10 12:21 AM

The whole Ketron crew is in Germany.

From Ketron site: We are sorry but we are unable to answer your e-mails from 22nd up to 30th March 2010.
Then they need some rest, then the Easter Holyday. Hope I'm wrong, but I think it will take sometime before we see OS4.
BTW OS4 should be done, in the UK they just got the Audya4 and 5, and I would think they have OS4. http://forums.ketronmusic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=715&sid=c85c4f04dc20f071e4696787f9e319af
Well, you never know if it's quite finished though.
skude

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 03-26-2010).]