SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#282341 - 03/01/10 05:11 AM Livestyler Question
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I know there was a recent post about Varranger vs Livestyler, but conscerning LS, I would like to know if most of the live control changes are done by computer or master keyboard. In other words, by midi learn, Varranger has a easy method of assigning a slider or button to transport, track volume etc. When Dan is done, one will be able to configure any reg and save it it in a songbook.

Livestyler is a more mature program with a songbook, amongst other features, already in place, but I am ignorant of sending CC messages to a program while I am trying to play. I am using an Axiom61 with a Ketron SD2 and am wondering how cumbersome it is to control basic functions live with LS, assuming I have already saved the basic information in a preset.

Bernie

#282342 - 03/01/10 07:30 AM Re: Livestyler Question
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I know there was a recent post about Varranger vs Livestyler, but conscerning LS, I would like to know if most of the live control changes are done by computer or master keyboard. In other words, by midi learn, Varranger has a easy method of assigning a slider or button to transport, track volume etc. When Dan is done, one will be able to configure any reg and save it it in a songbook.

Livestyler is a more mature program with a songbook, amongst other features, already in place, but I am ignorant of sending CC messages to a program while I am trying to play. I am using an Axiom61 with a Ketron SD2 and am wondering how cumbersome it is to control basic functions live with LS, assuming I have already saved the basic information in a preset.

Bernie

If you want to know, ist easiest to download the free version of LS and try for yourself, this might tell you exactly what you want to know...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#282343 - 03/01/10 01:41 PM Re: Livestyler Question
Magica Alfa Offline

I can say that good rooting of LS is on Lionstracs. Same can be with any kind of good master keyboard. You need only to do some home work.

Varranger is really great tool. I can only say I'm glad that things are going forwerd in this way.

#282344 - 03/01/10 08:43 PM Re: Livestyler Question
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
I've posted a message on the Livestyler forum.

I'm trying to find out what the difference is between using

Livestyler Plus with an sd2 module and Ketron styles,
and using the regular Livestyler with an sd2 module and an EMC converted ketron style in Livestyler format .

If Livestyler plus actually "converts" ketron style to Livestyler format, I doubt the style will play back as well as it would in V Arranger .

In that other post Liontracks ( I think) also mentioned another piece of software called Live Arranger ?? for the Media Station. Also something to do with Norbet. It plays Ketron styles. Be interesting to know if it will ever be available for PC or if it's just the Media Station version of Live Styler Plus.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:

Bernie

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#282345 - 03/01/10 09:46 PM Re: Livestyler Question
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Bernie,
I've posted a message on the Livestyler forum.

I'm trying to find out what the difference is between using

Livestyler Plus with an sd2 module and Ketron styles,
and using the regular Livestyler with an sd2 module and an EMC converted ketron style in Livestyler format .

If Livestyler plus actually "converts" ketron style to Livestyler format, I doubt the style will play back as well as it would in V Arranger .

In that other post Liontracks ( I think) also mentioned another piece of software called Live Arranger ?? for the Media Station. Also something to do with Norbet. It plays Ketron styles. Be interesting to know if it will ever be available for PC or if it's just the Media Station version of Live Styler Plus.

best wishes
Rikki

Live arranger plays all Ketron styles including Audya styles... It will be available for PC and offcourse you can use it on mediastation as goes with nearly all PC software.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#282346 - 03/02/10 03:10 AM Re: Livestyler Question
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks for the info, but I still am left without an answer. I am an arranger player and new to this. I will try again.

Regardless of the sound source, how does one designate a slider, dial etc, to change basic values in Livestyler. For example, Varranger has a drop down for all paramiters effecting a track, eg, and you click on one and move a slider. The master kb is set up with one zone and one channel. It is all handled within the program. Conversely, when I play a module direct, I must set up zones,MSB,LSB,range,etc. The midi learn is within the program, not the keyboard.

I asked Norbert if LS had midi learn and he said yes, but that was it.

#282347 - 03/02/10 12:37 PM Re: Livestyler Question
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Bachus,
may wait until Live Arranger is released before I decide between V Arranger and it.

I heard back from Norbert, and Live Styler plus appears to be Live Styler with conversion software, which is not really what I'm after, as I already own EMC & One Man Band.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Live arranger plays all Ketron styles including Audya styles... It will be available for PC and offcourse you can use it on mediastation as goes with nearly all PC software.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online