SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28232 - 09/13/00 08:00 AM JV1010,SoundDiver and...
HugoV Offline

Loc: Argentina
Hi everybody!
I have a Fender guitar, an GI10 guitar to midi procesor conected to a Cakewalk pro audio 9 sequencer soft, and I am using the JV1010 like the final sound module at the output of my Laptop, trought an Music quest 2port midi interface. everything is worwing ok !
My only problem is the following:
I want to bend the strings of my fender in the 24 steps resolution wich is the maximal allowed for the GI10, but i donīt know how to match this setting in the JV1010. I guess i must use the sound diver editor to change the Bend parameter ( where to find it in the soft, by the way ??) of the JV1010 wich I supose is now in the value of 2, instead of 12 or 24.
so.....is there any like a general bend parameter in the JV1010??
and....if it is so......how can I find it and change its value with the sound diver ???
Please, all of you excuse my english !
I hope i have been clar enought so somebody out there can help me soon !
Thanks.
Hugo

#28233 - 09/13/00 10:28 AM Re: JV1010,SoundDiver and...
Key Juice Offline

HugoV,
Your english is very good.

To address your problem, there is no general bend parameter for the JV1010. This is because it is more versitle to have different bend parameters assignable to individual patches. You can, however go to each patch you would want to use and set the bend range for that patch, then store it to a user patch.

In order to do this with the sound diver, on the top left of the newly booted screen, click on "windows". Then click on "open editor" and patch parameters will apear. On the uper left you will see bend up and bend down. The range for bend up is 0-12 and bend down is 0-48.

By the way, you can't open up the editor unless your JV1010 is hooked up either through midi or the milti-pin connector.

Good Luck.
Key Juice

#28234 - 09/13/00 10:49 AM Re: JV1010,SoundDiver and...
HugoV Offline

Hi Key!!
Thanks a lot for your clear and soon advice!
I am gonna try it at home in a few hours.
So, as far as I could understand, I must prepare each sound separately to be played from my midi guitar, with a 24 complete bend range!
Thanks again!

Hugo

#28235 - 09/13/00 12:21 PM Re: JV1010,SoundDiver and...
Key Juice Offline

Greetings Hugo!

Please let me know how your editing adventure turns out. I am always curious how the items I use to control with keyboards are controled with guitars. Do you ever use your guitar to play a midi device with a guitar sound on it?

Key Juice

#28236 - 09/14/00 05:20 AM Re: JV1010,SoundDiver and...
HugoV Offline

Yes Key!
Let me tell you something about my musical activity: I mainly use the midi guitar to play guitar sounds on the JV1010. The reason is : I am a chorus arranger and director. We perform rock and pop music, so we sing live over cakewalk midi tracks trought the JV1010. I myself do all the orchestal and band arrangements in midi tracks, and I do prefer to record the guitarrs in midi staff notation instead of digital audio, because is a lot more eficient in terms of disk space, confiability and editability after the take is done!!
It works great, because now a days the response time of the pitch to midi conversion is ok to perform directly from the guitar and you donīt get any time shift with the rest of the track sounding during the guitar take.
I hope the comments from this guitar player be of some interest to you.
Wait hearing about you !!

Hugo

#28237 - 09/14/00 08:01 PM Re: JV1010,SoundDiver and...
orange316 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
I have recently purchased a JV1010 from Japan but it doesn't come with the English manual, Sound Diver software and PC cables. Would you guys be able to help me on these?

Regards,
Stephen

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online