SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#282225 - 02/26/10 10:35 AM Heres one for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

You started it AJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjhGQOpK57I&feature=related

Oh AJ the factory is shut now until Monday, which is day 2 of the week, because Sunday is day 1, it's years you should have been counting in and James your right, this is like the Shawshank Redemption or The Sound Of Music!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-26-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-26-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282226 - 02/26/10 11:31 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Can anyone say 'Obsession'?

Don't you have a perfectly good PA2X to play and investigate while this all works itself out? If you had spent half the time you spent lambasting the Audya here on learning the intricacies of the PA2, you might not even CARE how long the Audya's new OS takes! Plus, of course, not word one about the likely HARDWARE nature of your problem.

Take it back, get your money back, play the PA2 until the Audya is acknowledged as fixed (new hardware and no more reports from other people about problems) and THEN buy another...

I can see you heading to hospital with a stroke if the new OS DOESN'T fix your problems, which I think is likely. You bought the Toyota of arrangers, and your gas pedal is stuck on... You want to ride this one into the wall, or do you want to jump out the car?

AJ didn't start it. YOU started it! You're the only one that can stop it, too

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-26-2010).]

#282227 - 02/26/10 11:40 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hey Tony, I'll give you 20 bucks for it AND pay the shipping.........well, maybe half the shipping.

chas

PS: You'll have to sign a NMC (No More Complaining) agreement, though, or no deal.

chas

#282228 - 02/26/10 12:27 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Fantastic sound. Better than the original recording imo.
And here's a little-known fact: they are merely faking the music. It was all done on the Audya, including voices and applause.

DonM

#282229 - 02/26/10 12:55 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
leezone Offline

so Don,

if i get an AUDYA,
i too become famous?

#282230 - 02/26/10 02:50 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Can anyone say 'Obsession'?

Don't you have a perfectly good PA2X to play and investigate while this all works itself out? If you had spent half the time you spent lambasting the Audya here on learning the intricacies of the PA2, you might not even CARE how long the Audya's new OS takes! Plus, of course, not word one about the likely HARDWARE nature of your problem.

Take it back, get your money back, play the PA2 until the Audya is acknowledged as fixed (new hardware and no more reports from other people about problems) and THEN buy another...

I can see you heading to hospital with a stroke if the new OS DOESN'T fix your problems, which I think is likely. You bought the Toyota of arrangers, and your gas pedal is stuck on... You want to ride this one into the wall, or do you want to jump out the car?

AJ didn't start it. YOU started it! You're the only one that can stop it, too

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-26-2010).]

Tony said in another thread that he reloaded OS3 and it doesn't lock up anymore.

I think he just wants the goodies.

#282231 - 02/26/10 03:20 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
so Don,

if i get an AUDYA,
i too become famous?

Guaranteed, my friend!
DonM

#282232 - 02/26/10 05:04 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Tony said in another thread that he reloaded OS3 and it doesn't lock up anymore.

Yikes! I must have missed that...

After all that bitchin', all you had to do was reload the OS and data? Oy veh!

#282233 - 02/26/10 10:37 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

At last someone from over the pond got it right, but the explanation is not exactly right.OS4 on the UK Ketron site is purported to blow your socks off. The question is why did I and others pay £4000.00 almost a year back and have to wait for the KB to be brought up to its full potential a year later. Just imagine BMW build a new car and then a year later send you a disk that will give you another 100bhp out of the engine, they would be the laughing stock of the motor industry. (Not simply re-chip). One thing I do know is, in the UK, if you bitch long and hard enough you will get things done, customers have certain rights, and what is going on with this KB is surreal, albeit this is not the first time this outfit have pulled this one off. I don’t think anyone on SZ has ever really and fully address the price issue of the Audya, you have all talked about the fantastic sounds but most of you are sat on the fence waiting for either utopia or the bubble to burst, then you will make a decision about buying one, the business principle of this KB is flawed. I don’t have a problem with the KB crashing or a sound card problem. I will repeat yet again what I have said before many times, I want what I paid for. If I have already got what I paid for then I would not expect any free updates, I would pay for them on the fly. But with the hype, innuendo and pathetic winding up of people who either bought one who are planning to buy one surrounding the release of OS4., I just thought, rightly or wrongly that this OS would bring the Audya somewhere in line with the PA2x and somewhere near to the VFM (value for money) mark. I don’t share other views about Audya been light years better than PA2x, I think that is ill-conceived. I think a good thread would be to compare the ergonomics, sounds and other capabilities of both KB by all who have used the KBS and then we can see where the money is, I can’t see it or hear it. And let’s not got down the ears and frequency route again that old hat! Comparing the two on a pair of crappy PC speak is less than what I would expect from people who play KB for a job and I am sure you would never do that. When I have what I paid for, which incidentally in the UK if you bought something and it was not exactly what you paid for it would be called a rip off or a scam, if Ketron went to the wall before they released OS4 you would just say it was a pity, especially if you had not bought one. I hope this is clear and unambiguous, in all my years of buying KB and organs I have never come across anything like this, I have had at least 10 Yamaha organs and nothing comes anywhere near to this, you don’t need to think too long and hard to understand that Ketron are taking the pee! Anyone who would like to start a detailed thread on the differences between PA2x and Audya I have some ideas to start you off. BTW how many of you have both KB, I only have both because of what’s above one will go when OS4 comes out.

Cheers

BTW Tonewheel and explanation of Goodies might well be perceived to be "What I paid for originally" not what might be implied as something that was never thought of and extra, what numpties if that is the case, there's nothing like knowing what the competetion are doing and what the market wants!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282234 - 02/27/10 12:53 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tonewheeldude Offline

seriously, what BMW owner would complain if the company GAVE him/her a 100bhp boost one year down the line?

#282235 - 02/27/10 01:01 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
what BMW owner would not return the car to the dealer they bought it from if when it was delivered it performed like a Lada ....

#282236 - 02/27/10 01:08 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
skude Offline

My Nissan diesel truck has Turbo and Intercooler, as I was told, when I bought it. You bet, I would be mad if I got it a year later, if you know what I mean.
skude

#282237 - 02/27/10 01:32 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
Ketron is not alone in releasing unfinished products.

When the Roland G70 first came out it was also classed as a joke, and derided by all but Roland diehard fans, however with the release of OS 2 & 3 (Released sometime later) it then became a top notch keyboard.

Korg also had the same problems with the PA800 & PA2x which also performed substandard (Only die hard Korg fans bought them) until they released OS 1.5/2. (DNC came later and was a bonus, not a missing feature)

So stop bitching and expecting something new to come out every 5 minutes, otherwise you will just get another unfinished product/upgrade.

BTW. I have the brochure for the Audya from when it was released, and everything it said that was going to be available on it, is in OS 3, and therefore it is a complete project, with OS4 being like Korg’s DNC, a bonus.

Regards

Bill

#282238 - 02/27/10 01:49 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Tony

BTW. I have the brochure for the Audya from when it was released, and everything it said that was going to be available on it, is in OS 3, and therefore it is a complete project, with OS4 being like Korg’s DNC, a bonus.

Regards

Bill

Bill this is a new one on me A BONUS, should we should be thankful for small mercy. Then I will stop bitching when I get my BONUS.

Cheers Bill have you just got a leaflet or the real thing.

#282239 - 02/27/10 04:23 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
My Nissan diesel truck has Turbo and Intercooler, as I was told, when I bought it. You bet, I would be mad if I got it a year later, if you know what I mean.
skude

So what features did the official Ketron literature promise that was not on the Audya when it was released?

Or were people basing the specifications on internet hearsay?

#282240 - 02/27/10 04:36 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Paying 5000$ a year a head just to get your socks blown off a year later?...Funny!

#282241 - 02/27/10 04:37 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
abacus Offline

Hi Tony
While I was out last week I made a detour to a dealer that had an Audya, (Used) taking the leaflet/brochure with me, I then asked him to demonstrate all the features on the leaflet/brochure, which he did, I then asked him the OS number and he said it was 3, so as you can see, it does everything that the leaflet/brochure promised. (I told the dealer I would have to think about it as I wasn’t sure if it was for me, thus allowing me a graceful exit)
The additional features that OS4 will bring are just a bonus.
Regards

Bill

#282242 - 02/27/10 04:59 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Paying 5000$ a year a head just to get your socks blown off a year later?...Funny!

Most people who have an Audya had the rest of their clothes blown off already...only the socks left.

#282243 - 02/27/10 05:01 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Hi Tony
While I was out last week I made a detour to a dealer that had an Audya, (Used) taking the leaflet/brochure with me, I then asked him to demonstrate all the features on the leaflet/brochure, which he did, I then asked him the OS number and he said it was 3, so as you can see, it does everything that the leaflet/brochure promised. (I told the dealer I would have to think about it as I wasn’t sure if it was for me, thus allowing me a graceful exit)
The additional features that OS4 will bring are just a bonus.
Regards

Bill

I'm glad some of us get it Bill.

#282244 - 02/27/10 05:03 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Most people who have an Audya had the rest of their clothes blown off already...only the socks left.

Blown or ripped off. What a salesman you are?

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-27-2010).]

#282245 - 02/27/10 06:16 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Blown or ripped off. What a salesman you are?

I would make a terrible salesman as I couldn't sell anything I don't believe in or wouldn't buy myself.

Personally, I don't believe sales people or unofficial websites, I always check up for myself against the manufacturers specs.

#282246 - 02/27/10 07:43 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
skude Offline

Quote:

Glad Ketron takes time with OS4. Two months with snow and only socks on. hate to get them blown off. But I do get the heat up when the sound from the Audya drops out.
skude

#282247 - 02/27/10 11:08 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Ahahahahahaha....

#282248 - 02/27/10 11:36 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Tony, are you trying to say that you are unhappy with Ketron and your Audya ?

I must have missed something over the last 9 or 10 months.

#282249 - 02/27/10 11:39 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Tony, are you trying to say that you are unhappy with Ketron and your Audya ?

I must have missed something over the last 9 or 10 months.

You know, Dan, I'm beginning to think the same thing.

I could be wrong, but there is just something in Tony's posts that hints of discontent.

Ian

#282250 - 02/27/10 11:57 AM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Glad Ketron takes time with OS4. Two months with snow and only socks on. hate to get them blown off. But I do get the heat up when the sound from the Audya drops out.
skude

Skude,

You are wasting your time like, it's no use asking peoples opinion, especially those people have only got a glossy leaflet about the Audya. Have you noticed that there is only one person who puts it in writing that he is happy with his Audya, Don. Now that much be a record 1, that’s the same 1 as AJ 1. No disrespect to Don, I think the guy is sound as a pound, it's the others that cluck away talking about something they have only seen on a leaflet and heard through a pair of crappy PC speakers, come on! I still want to know where the £1700.00 has gone, apparently it's now in Bonuses, now that’s why the banks went belly up recently.

#282251 - 02/27/10 12:06 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Hi Tony

Bill

Now Bill here I have problem, if you had a leaflet on Audya when it was released and it had all the features in OS3 on the leaflet and OS3 was not released until 9 months after the KB was released, this means that Audya was not finished, and since Audya when released have OS1.0a C:/crap/lockup/ on it and then had 3 other updates, these would not be bonuses, they would be bollock stoppers, can you see where I am going, cause I can’t! I still like to know where the £1700.00 quid is, do you know, in bonuses.

#282252 - 02/27/10 12:41 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
abacus Offline

Hi Tony
I picked up the leaflet sometime after the Audya was launched, (probably under a month though) however as there is no date on it, I do not know how old it is.

I also do not have access to an OS1 version of the Audya, so cannot say whether all the features in the leaflet were included in OS1.

The only thing I can say for definite is that the one I had demonstrated to me had all the features as advertised.

The speakers used were from the SR range and comprised of two satellites and a sub

COST:
Audio Loops cost more than Midi Loops
R & D costs a lot of money, and to recoup it you can sell cheap and sell many (The big boys have the capacity to do this) or charge more for the keyboard, and promote it on its innovations in its market (The smaller boys have to do this as they do not have the production capacity of the big boys)

Is it worth £1700 more than the PA2x?
Only the potential customer can decide this, and if YOU don’t think it’s worth it, why on earth did you buy it in the first place? (It was your choice and your choice alone)

Regards

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 02-27-2010).]

#282253 - 02/27/10 01:31 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
Diki Offline

YOU payed the money, upfront, without even testing it..? Caveat emptor. I can turn on the TV and watch commercials for products that bear NO belief. Burgers the size of mountains. Drinks that make you fly. Body wash that makes you a babe magnet.

I bet you bought ALL of those and whine on their forums too...

BTW, the G70 worked perfectly from initial release. There was next to nothing that the product literature said it did that it did not do... There were better ways to do a couple of things, they got changed, a few minor bugfixes (nothing that prevented it from working fine for me, anyway), and then what got added in OS2 & 3 were totally new capabilities. None of which drastically changed the G70 from a lemon to lemonade. It was a subtle change, IMO, and those that changed their minds about it after OS2 (to be honest, I don't remember anyone doing that, anyway) could have made those tweaks themselves in the first place. Biggest problem with the G70? It wasn't a Yamaha!

Best thing about the G70? Tony didn't buy one...

#282254 - 02/27/10 03:13 PM Re: Heres one for AJ
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ran across this video of Tony during his early years (and before he changed his name). It explains why he bought an Audya and a PA2x and THEN started to look for the 1700Euros difference, or why he has four (4) simultaneous threads going about the Audya, or why he's still complaining a month after successfully loading OS3, or why he thinks James (or anyone else) really gives a shite about his imagined plight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaChLXWgnrU&feature=related

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 02-27-2010).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online