SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#282072 - 02/23/10 04:50 PM For Frans
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frans,
before you dash out & buy a Roland, why not try a demo version of One Man Band or Live Styler. You could use your PA500 as a soundsource & controller. There's heaps of yammie styles floating around, they will probably need a bit of editing, but not as much work as trying to actually convert just say a yammie style to korg. Even though you'd need to do a bit of tweaking & maybe fix up some of the drums, you don't have the additional work required to get them working correctly in the korg itself.

It might give you a rough idea as to whether you actually would enjoy using a software arranger as a second keyboard.

Dan's software compared to just OMB, does have the benefit of a suggested soundsource (sd2) & arranger software combination.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#282073 - 02/23/10 05:04 PM Re: For Frans
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi Rikki,

Yes I think I will try that. I am not sure I will like software arrangers so I will try this out. Thanks for this idea.

Frans

#282074 - 02/23/10 05:09 PM Re: For Frans
FransN Offline

BTW Rikki I have download 2 of your styles beguine2 and unplugged latin from the korg forum and I find them very good. Do you have more of these so called Frankenstyles for the Korg to share

#282075 - 02/23/10 06:40 PM Re: For Frans
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frans,
as far as demo versions go, you may have to go with Livestyler, if you wish to load your own style.
Don't know if it's still the case, but with One Man Band demo, I think you had to use styles supplied with the demo.
I like it because it also has great style editing functions.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Hi Rikki,

Yes I think I will try that. I am not sure I will like software arrangers so I will try this out. Thanks for this idea.

Frans

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#282076 - 02/23/10 06:50 PM Re: For Frans
FransN Offline

I just bought OMB essentials (was only $49) Will try it tomorrow.

Frans

#282077 - 02/23/10 07:15 PM Re: For Frans
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frans,
I think I've got about 20 or so styles on my 4 shared site.
(link is on the bottom of my korg forum posts)
The ones with biab in the name, have derived from Band in a Box styles. They're fairly basic. These are reasonably current, I wanted to see if they would work.

Some are conversions with modified tracks.

There could be more frankenstyles ( got the term off our friend Ian), but I've put these styles together over a period of 2 years or so, can't remember off the top of my head, what's what.
I've still got a few to upload, just a case of going back thru my settings & edits to try & make sure they work ok. Settings I thought were correct a couple of years ago, I've possibly since realized may not have been the best one. So just a case of rechecking everything.

Actually the beguine was one of my first,a mix of yamaha & korg style tracks. In the current version, I've replaced some of the old guitar tracks with my own guitar mode tracks.
The unplugged Latin, was simply a mix of onbord style tracks. Can't remember which onboard style tracks I used, but ended up sounding reasonably ok for This Masquerade EJam.

Glad you like them.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#282078 - 02/24/10 06:54 PM Re: For Frans
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frans,
if you need any help with settings, let me know.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
I just bought OMB essentials (was only $49) Will try it tomorrow.

Frans

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#282079 - 02/24/10 07:31 PM Re: For Frans
FransN Offline

Hi Rikki,

I have used the software today and everything went well. I am not sure I will continue using this program because it differs in how I play my chords. For example if I play C7 I play the Bes-C-E but in OMB I must play G-Bes-C-E. Well I have tried a software arranger but really prefer the hardware Glad I didn't buy the much more expensive vArranger.

Frans

#282080 - 02/24/10 09:28 PM Re: For Frans
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frans,
that's a pity,did you try the different settings? Just in case one of the others may work for you.
I normally play in full finger mode, so I haven't really had problems with any of the keyboards I've owned.
Just out of interest, did you set it up for it to trigger OMB in Korg's Style Play Mode, or in Sequencer Mode? or what.

I've got mine to work while the Korg is in the Style Play section.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Hi Rikki,

I have used the software today and everything went well. I am not sure I will continue using this program because it differs in how I play my chords. For example if I play C7 I play the Bes-C-E but in OMB I must play G-Bes-C-E. Well I have tried a software arranger but really prefer the hardware Glad I didn't buy the much more expensive vArranger.

Frans

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#282081 - 02/25/10 08:42 AM Re: For Frans
FransN Offline

Hi Rikki,

Yes I tried different settings including the full fingered mode but the OMB software don't react on how I play the 7th chords. I also have tried the styles mode and sequencer mode on the Korg. But to be honest I also find playing with software not very handy.

I wait till the musikmesse see if anything new will be out. If not I proberly buy the Roland Prelude as second keyboard. I had the GW 8 and really like the sounds of this keyboard. Less were the styles but now with version 2 you can edit them to your taste.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online