SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2827 - 11/06/06 02:57 PM Re: Taking a break from music.
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Maybe I should start living up to my nickname. With a nickname like analogcontrolfreak you'd think I would have, either a lot of analog synths with knobs, or one big modular synth. Problem has been money. Trying to part with it is hard. Or trying to afford a synth, as in the Minimoog, but all I could afford was a T-shirt.

#2828 - 11/06/06 09:50 PM Re: Taking a break from music.
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
Since you are looking for other fun things in life may I suggest *Video games*. There's the Grand Theft auto series that you can probably get for $20.00 a title. There's the new Scarface game that costs a bit more but it will keep you occupied for a long time.
[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 10-26-2006).]

I guess I can't argue with that. In fact every day for me at work is full of that sort of virtual antisocial behaviour. I am on a game development team putting Saints Row http://saintsrow.com/ on the soon to be released Sony PS3. It picks up where Grand Theft Auto left off. It's already out on the Xbox 360 where you can join a gang and wage gang war on Xbox Live.

Lots of people at work spend much of their spare time playing World Of Warcraft. It really is an amazing online title.

I don't have a lot of time to play online games but I do like to spend an hour here and there playing my handheld Sony PSP.

#2829 - 11/07/06 02:33 AM Re: Taking a break from music.

I haven't played, video games in quite awhile. Last game I played was Black Hawk Striker 2 from Wild Tangent.com. I was doing pretty well, until I got down to, the second to last level, but kep getting wiped out. It's a really cool game, execpt every time you get shot down, you loose any weapons, that you have accumilated through out the levels of the games. Also when you start a new level, you have to gain weapons all over again. This really irratated me, to no end. Also I was getting frustrated that I could not beat, the last two bosses and finish the game. Also I was playing RISK II, but stoped after beating the computer a couple of times. Got old after awhile. Although there are other armies, and generals to battale in the game. You don't have to keep playing the same armies, and generals.

Right now, I have been spending quite a bit of time, on YouTube.com. Mostly watching old 80's music videos. Mainly becuse I grew up listening to, a lot of the music from that time period. I haven't really spent much time with my synths. I probbaly would, if they both had more knobs. That's the main reason why I don't like the Poly-61, and yeat I bought a thrid one? What was I thinking? I should have just stuck with the Poly-61 web site. Of course the omni, does not have knobs, but a few slidders, but I can't get rid of it. It was the frist vintage synth that I could afford. If I do, buy another synth, it will have knobs, and be something I really want. Not becsues the price was good.

#2830 - 11/19/06 08:08 AM Re: Taking a break from music.

UPDATE!

Well, so far so good. I have been more clear headed, and have not worried, about that fact, that I have to play a keyboard in order to justify owning one. Have not driven myself crazy either. It has however allowed me to pursue my other interests. Such has learing more about the Edison Diamond Disc Phongrphs and the Diamond Discs. Find a Diamond disc phonograph was one thing, but finding the discs is even more exciteing. I hope in the futrue to buy other antique Phonographs. For example, and edison cylender phonograph, as well as a Victrola. Also, I would love to have an antque cylndrical muisc box. Of cousre, I will need a bigger condo eventually.

However, I have not given up any synthesis, and finding a decent analog synth, but it's not a top priority.

PEACE!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online