SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#281432 - 03/14/10 12:32 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by joso:

Is this hard to understand?

For people that want to justify their own piracy, apparently it is...

#281433 - 03/14/10 01:59 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by joso:
Hi

I can not understand that some persons can not understand the term "copyright".

Copyright = "the right to make copies". This right belongs to the creator. Period. (A novellist has the copyright to his novel; a composer has the copyright to his music; a style creator has the copyright to his styles etc.)

The creator can of course sell the copyright. But having bought a copy does not give you the right to make copies.

Is this hard to understand?

Regards
Jørgen

Hi joso.

Your assuming full copyright just like Diki is. None exists that anyone here can reference.

Factory styles are Royalty Free. How else can you use them without needing permission from Ketron for every song you write.

That doesn't mean you can do whatever you like with them either. But it does mean you can get away with pretty much anything you want so long as you don't charge money for the data.

Regards
James

#281434 - 03/14/10 03:36 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
C'mon, James, you can't be serious. You know that your sample libraries for sale are protected by the same intellectual property rights as the loops in a style.

Diki, I do understand where your coming from but creating a copy of one of my sample libraries and giving it away for free is piracy because you have just completely copied my entire product and have now made it obsolete.

Giving away Audya factory styles which are royalty free is not the same thing. The product in question is not the styles here, it's the Audya. Giving the styles away does not in anyway reproduce the Audya. Yes, it's reproducing part of it as in the style patterns, but that data is also provided royalty free.

So I'm not sure how Ketron can do anything here.

If on the other hand you were charging for the styles, well then that is a clear violation of the royalty free licence.

You may not like it, personally I don't either but that's just the way it is. Neither you or I can do anything about it. No law is being broken here at all.

Quote:
There's an AWFUL lot of wishful thinking about this subject going on here, and VERY little educated opinion. If you don't know copyright law, if you don't know whether something is protected by law or not, do you think it is a good idea to just go ahead and PRETEND that there is none?

lol.... As the old saying goes, assumptions are the mother of all F**** up's and boy is everything your saying based on the assumption that the data is just straight up copyrighted.

If ANYTHING you said were even remotely true, then you could easily prove it by sticking the copyright in my face from any manufacture. It would be available to you. The mere fact it's not should tell you something.

I've seen an official NDA/Contracts. The Author signs over “all their rights” to the data to Ketron and then Ketron release it under the royalty free licence.

Regards
James

#281435 - 03/14/10 04:50 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

here you can read about Royalty-free license on wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalty-free

if Nobert from livesstyler.de had violated the law, then Ketron had enough time to do something about.

diki might be right about my english but they have written here that the main arranger on MS/Groove is qranger , and they are making audio styles for qranger:
http://www.wersi.co.at/forum/replacement-for-wersi-t1381.html

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-14-2010).]

#281436 - 03/14/10 09:40 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I don't like to discuss and rebat...
Test yourself: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/livearranger-demo-p-248.html
Free download..don't worry.

#281437 - 03/14/10 11:14 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

nice interface

now only waiting for response from people who like to play AUDYA Ketron styles on MS / Groove.

Nobert as a smart man knows all the rules of law before that he start programming of software. programers are not stupid, especially when the law goes on something. his other program live-styler plus years has been for sale.

and a piracy programer as diki think about some programers, will never sell anything publicly.

I hope some people quiqly test this program.

but one thing I do not understand, as Ketron here says nothing about why diki is hotter than the heat source itself.

#281438 - 03/14/10 12:23 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi joso.

Your assuming full copyright just like Diki is. None exists that anyone here can reference.

Factory styles are Royalty Free. How else can you use them without needing permission from Ketron for every song you write.

That doesn't mean you can do whatever you like with them either. But it does mean you can get away with pretty much anything you want so long as you don't charge money for the data.

Regards
James

Of course you can use the styles for your songs. But this has nothing to do with copyright.

I am just saying that it is not allowed to make copies of styles. And it doesn't matter if you sell copies for money or give them away for free.

Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#281439 - 03/14/10 01:51 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Irishacts Offline

Hi joso.

Quote:
Of course you can use the styles for your songs. But this has nothing to do with copyright.

But it does, where else do you think the permission to use them in your songs comes from. It's the royalty free licence that gives you permission, and that's the copyright that gives you the freedom to do many things.

Quote:
I am just saying that it is not allowed to make copies of styles.

The law is the law, it's very much black and white on the subject of copyright and licensing. As much as you may not like the situation, the fact is no law is being broken here.

Here's some food for thought too. Lets pretend your right for a moment. If that were the case then your own website could easily be seen as a major hub for promoting large scale piracy. With only a few clicks on your website I can find all sorts of tools that break your view of copyright law as well as links to factory styles extracted from other keybaords and converted to Yamaha format.

So it's kind of funny really hearing you say it's not ok to share styles, yet your website promotes it and offers tools for modifying copyrighted data.

Lets not get stuck on the details, I'm merely saying this to just help explain a point of view and help clear up this difference of opinion people have on the subject.

Fact is no law is being broken here. As I said, you may not like this, but it's the law and licence the styles are under that allow it.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-14-2010).]

#281440 - 03/14/10 02:11 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi joso.
So it's kind of funny really hearing you say it's not ok to share styles, yet your website promotes it and offers tools for modifying copyrighted data.

About sharing: You are free to share any style if you have the copyright. (I have no possibility to check if this assumption is correct.)

About tools: You are are free to modify styles you have in your keyboard or you have purchased legally. This is not breaking the copyright.

I repeat: Copyright = the right to make copies.

Read more at: http://www.reach.net/~scherer/p/copyrit1.htm - http://www.higgs.com/archive/articles/midi-keyboard.html - http://mpa.org/copyright_resource_center/copying

EOD from my part.

Best wishes
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#281441 - 03/14/10 03:03 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Stick this in your pipe and smoke it... http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012260.html

Now grow up, kids. You can't have all the candy on the shelves just because the store owner put it on display.

You buy the arranger, you have BOUGHT the right to use the styles. You don't buy the arranger (or the styles from their own store) you DON'T have the right to use the styles.

How many times we got to go round and around on this already settled topic?

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online