SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#281412 - 02/16/10 05:58 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
As I understand it, styles are copyright free to the PURCHASER. Yamaha have successfully closed down several sites that were distributing their styles before they went stale ( ). If, as you claim, there is NO intellectual property rights to them, what right would they have to do this..?

But my original point was to inform that there are MUCH more stringent rules about the copying of audio files than there is style DATA. Essentially, the law applies fairly equally between say a drum loop from a keyboard and Madonna's latest hit. For a start off, it's VERY easy to prove a waveform is the original. It's as easy as a fingerprint or DNA. No dodging the issue with questions about whether you COULD have come up with the same MIDI pattern yourself. Audio is unique.

And the fines and penalties for doing so, should the original maker of the audio (or their lawyers) decide to come after you (say if you had a hit with something made from it), are pretty draconian. Of course, it is still up to YOU how you use the technology... But if you think the issue is bullsh*t, ask The Verve where the money from their hit 'Bittersweet Symphony' went.

There's probably nothing to stop you putting cracked copies of all the VSTi's on your MS, too. But make no bones, you put stolen Ketron audio styles on this thing, you are doing no different. All that remains is your own conscience. And maybe the terrifying thought that, IF you have any success with it, one day someone could come knocking on YOUR door...

if Ketron Audya styles are full copyrighted,then you can not see/hear recorded video/sound on internet and youtube. if Ketron Audya styles are full copyrighted you can not make a song or demo and send here on synth zone. you can not use it live becouse of copyrighte.

but that live arranger module is not only for ketron internal styles i think. users can buy then third party audio styles created for Ketron Audya. or MS users can record styles in ketron audya format and play on MS.

IF styles are copyrighted, then you can not play internal ketron styles but you can buy third party styles. for ketron audya styles format Nobert from livestyler.de used a EMC Style Works license he used the EMC Style Works license
already for Live Styler gold, so you can play roland-ketron-yamaha-korg- and............
when you buy live arranger module from nobert you have EMC license for ketron styles, if copyrighte is broken for ketron style format then EMC is responsible and not lionstracs or livestyler.de i think.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 02-16-2010).]

#281413 - 03/12/10 04:03 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Just a small update:
OS 4.1 that support the new Live arranger with ketron styles is available now: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/live-arranger-module-p-247.html

#281414 - 03/12/10 07:16 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

good news but it wil not play audya styles with audio loops, it play the midi in the style but not the loops, there fore you most have a SD2 sound module it has audio loops. i hope i am wrong about this!

one thing that i do not undrstand is that nobert answered me on e-mail that he can make a livestyler gold version for MS/Groove with other brands support to, but this module only reads 2 brands, the gold version price is about 107 euro and soon it play audya styles to.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-15-2010).]

#281415 - 03/12/10 09:26 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
good news but it wil not play audya styles with audio loops, it play the midi in the style but not the loops,

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-12-2010).]

is that true? thats interesting i thought itt was playing the audio drums too.

#281416 - 03/12/10 09:38 AM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

it is what i think you most have a SD2 sound module for loops, but if i am wrong domenico can answer this and correct me.

#281417 - 03/12/10 02:22 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
if Ketron Audya styles are full copyrighted,then you can not see/hear recorded video/sound on internet and youtube. if Ketron Audya styles are full copyrighted you can not make a song or demo and send here on synth zone. you can not use it live becouse of copyrighte.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 02-16-2010).]

What part of 'copyrighted styles are copyright free to the PURCHASER' did you not understand, AFG..?

Purchasing the styles gives you the right to do anything you want with them, other than to resell them to others. Wishing it were otherwise doesn't change a thing.

And I have bent over backwards on this thread to point out the difference between MIDI styles (which are much harder to prove that they are stolen) and audio styles, which are VERY easy to prove ownership of.

Sorry, AFG. Better luck next time...

#281418 - 03/12/10 02:46 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
What part of 'copyrighted styles are copyright free to the [b]PURCHASER' did you not understand, AFG..?

Purchasing the styles gives you the right to do anything you want with them, other than to resell them to others. Wishing it were otherwise doesn't change a thing.

And I have bent over backwards on this thread to point out the difference between MIDI styles (which are much harder to prove that they are stolen) and audio styles, which are VERY easy to prove ownership of.

Sorry, AFG. Better luck next time... [/B]

what do you mean with audio styles? ketron audya style are pat files. inside pat files you have midi triger comands for audio loops, but the loops are not inside the pat file but on audya rom or harddisk. you not understand how audya styles works. correct me if i am wrong about this.............

it is not qranger, becouse on qranger you a folder for each style a folder,inside the folder you have wave files and a midi file and qranger session file. when you load the session file on qranger editor every thing loads automatically, midi+wave loops+settings

#281419 - 03/12/10 03:32 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Online   content

Keep trying, AFG. Perhaps you'll be as pro-piracy when YOU have a nice big hit, and someone else steals it and distributes it for free

Ketron's 'Live' styles use audio loops that Ketron had made (at considerable expense) and play as part of the style. Whether they reside on a separate part of the HD or are part of the style file structure, they ARE part of the style (turn them off and listen to the style now... is it any good?). You have no right to use the style, in fact of law, unless you have paid for it.

Try this. Go out, and rent a good studio for a few days. Hire a TOTL drummer for a few days, a TOTL guitarist for a few days, and record loop after loop, all of which have to be PERFECTLY CONSISTENT from take to take (no easy task), all perfectly 'in the pocket', for multiple variations, fills, intros, endings and different chord types (for the guitarist, at least). Use world class drums, amps, guitars, mikes, pre's, outboard processing, etc.. This will cost you maybe €10,000, not counting editing time...

NOW GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE...

Yeah, right...

#281420 - 03/12/10 03:55 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
AFG Music Offline

for 91 % i do not use any style created by others, you know that. and western styles what i have are from lionstracs qranger i am not responsable for that.

but you think that ketron audya style files have audio loops inside the file. you are wrong!

the audio files are on ketron audya, it mean on ketron rom hardware or protected harddrive. or you can use SD2 module for audya style becouse it have audio loops i think on hardware again. it mean you most have ketron hardware sd2 sound module is that piracy?

and you think there wil be never third party audio style for ketron audya that you can pay and use!

if audya works good there wil come third party audio styles for audya when you pay and use that is that piracy?

#281421 - 03/12/10 04:12 PM Re: New Mediastation update will support Native Audya audio styles
Diki Online   content

I have NEVER mentioned self produced audio styles. What you do with your own work is entirely up to you. You somehow miss so much of what I say, AFG...

Whether the audio part of the Ketron factory style resides on the HD or in a ROM chip, it can easily be copied. And THIS is what I have been talking about. Let's be honest, here... Do you honestly think that the majority of people happy to see some way of playing Ketron styles on the MS (or a laptop, or any emulator) are happy because it now gives them the opportunity to make their OWN audio loop based styles in Ketron format? They already HAVE that ability with the MS or Livestyler.

No, they are rejoicing because now they will be able to play Ketron factory audio styles (or other pro-produced Ketron styles) without having to buy a Ketron (which is what helps Ketron pay for the styles to be made). And I guarantee few of them will buy all the styles they want.

Please try reading my posts more carefully (but I understand and sympathize how difficult this may be to a non-English speaker) before you make any more assumptions about what I am saying, AFG. I try to be as clear as I can...

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online