Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#280904 - 02/07/10 10:39 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

But I'll trade you 3ft of snow for being wiped out by a hurricane any day! Be glad for what you have...

There is ALWAYS another side to the coin...
t.

#280905 - 02/07/10 11:09 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Steve,

C'mon down. I have some great ski trails behind the house where you could get in some cross country skiing. A week earlier they were called deer trails.

Gary

Gary, I'm the lazy type I only downhill ski, it's not nearly as much work Now if you had a mountain in your backyard, I could show up at your door.

#280906 - 02/07/10 02:01 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Gary, I'm the lazy type I only downhill ski, it's not nearly as much work Now if you had a mountain in your backyard, I could show up at your door.

Gary's got a pretty good slope just going from his street to the front door !!!
t.

#280907 - 02/07/10 02:06 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
We're having great weather here in Detroit, no big snow yet. Just bring a kevlar vest.

#280908 - 02/08/10 06:20 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Weather guy just updated tomorrow's forecast. Another 6 to 12 inches of snow for counties north and east of Baltimore, 4 to 8 inches for those counties south and west of Baltimore. Temperatures may even get above freezing for one day this week.

I guess the tough part is not being able to get to those jobs where I'm scheduled for the remainder of the week. The snow plow finally arrived yesterday evening about 5:00 and pushed a 3-foot pile of snow in front of my driveway. Spent another hour getting rid of it with the snow blower, then cleared some for the neighbors until game time.

Steve, I have a pretty good slope from the top of my lawn down to the creek, about 700 feet, but no chair lift to bring you back up the hill, which is fairly steep. And, if you don't stop on the flats on this side of the creek, well, that water is colder than a tall glass of Kickapoo Joy Juice.

I'm going out with the camera and shoot some photos, then try to figure a way to post them.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#280909 - 02/08/10 08:15 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
travlin'easy Offline

HEADLINE: Al Gore's Blizzard 2010 buries mid-Atlantic region in 2 to 3 feet of snow--more to come.

Belly deep ain't fun, even for the deer.

Cheers,

Gary

#280910 - 02/08/10 10:13 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
OK, I will quit complaining about our ongoing rain and thunder storms day after day because I see when they leave here they are bring a lot of snow to you that you don't need.
AT least we got temps in the 60's so we can tolerate the rain. I walk the dog using the golf cart and just walk him back and forth under the outside roof at the clubhouse.
LIfe could be worse but not here
Hope you get rid of all that snow soon and don't end up with floods from the melt.
Bebop

#280911 - 02/08/10 03:49 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
travlin'easy Offline

Just got an updated weather forecast for this part of the world--16 to 20 inches with the snow beginning about 3 p.m. tomorrow. Good thing I tuned up the snow blower. It seems like it's going to get a real workout this winter.

Cheers,

Gary

#280912 - 02/08/10 04:27 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Good thing I tuned up the snow blower.
Cheers,
Gary

Is that baby humming at concert 440 ???

t.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry