SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#280884 - 02/05/10 07:00 AM Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hahaha, this meteorologist has been hitting the bottle or something.

Cancel all gigs, travlin' won't be easy.
http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-demand.asp?video=1671939093

#280885 - 02/05/10 07:26 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That global warming just keeps getting worse!
DonM

#280886 - 02/05/10 08:27 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
I'll go with the "or something"...
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#280887 - 02/05/10 10:44 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Somebody has to keep this guy away from the coffee machine !!! ...
t.

#280888 - 02/05/10 11:21 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The snow just started falling at 2 p.m. at my house, and the forecast has changed a bit. They're now calling for 18 to 28 inches of snow in Baltimore, and up where I live, possibly up to 36 inches. Don't ya' just love it when a politician tells you "The planet has a fever." Of course, we know he's telling the truth because he claims to have invented the Internet.

Fortunately, today's job was early enough to dodge the oncoming blizzard, but tomorrow night's job was rescheduled for the 20th. And, next week, NOAA weather is calling for snow again on Tuesday. Damned it's cold up here. Gotta' mix up a fresh batch of Kickapoo Joy Juice for the Super Bowl.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#280889 - 02/05/10 12:41 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Sure you don't want to come back down and look at a few more boats?

Sunny and dry for the next week or so...

I'd stay of the kickapoo joy juice if you want to see the second half (the one where the Saints come from behind to win!). That one you mixed for me had quite a kick...

Stay warm, my friend.

#280890 - 02/05/10 03:34 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore

Right about now I would love to be in Destin, FL. Just hiked up the hill to get today's mail, temperature 29 degrees and snowing like crazy.

Cheers,

Gary

#280891 - 02/05/10 04:08 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Right about now I would love to be in FL

I'll be there Monday and I'll think of ya, Gary.

#280892 - 02/06/10 09:59 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Wow, I keep glancing at Baltimore radar and it looks like the storm is just stuck there, stalled. They were right!

#280893 - 02/06/10 10:58 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore

Well, I fired up the snow blower at 8:30 this morning, came in for lunch at 1:30 this afternoon and the snow is still slamming down at just over an inch an hour. Some drifts in front of my house are well over my head, and it appears as if the depth on level ground is about three feet. NOAA weather says the snow should stop falling here about 10 tonight. If that's the case, we'll probably end up with about four feet. Damned global warming.

Gary

#280894 - 02/06/10 11:47 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
Diki Online   content

Hey, all that ice from the disappearing glaciers has got to go SOMEWHERE, hasn't it?

Down here, in my cocktail is about the only place you'll find it!

#280895 - 02/06/10 11:52 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Gary, for once those of us on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan aren't getting hammered by it. We just thought we should share the fun we usually have with the rest of you. I only wish we could share it with Don and Eddie .........

Tom

Tom

#280896 - 02/06/10 02:11 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore

Diki,

You really know how to hurt a guy, don't you. Just finished the driveway for the third time. It finally stopped snowing, the sun peeked out for a few minutes, and hopefully, Mother Nature will take care of the remaining snow, which measures just under three feet.

And yes, I wish DonM and the all the other wonderful folks down south could enjoy this as well. My wife no longer says she likes the change of seasons. When you get to our age, 70 to 80 degrees is all the change you want to enjoy. And, when you have a tall Margaretta and sitting beneath the sailboat's Bimini top, 90 ain't all that bad either.

Cheers,

Gary

#280897 - 02/06/10 05:21 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sure you don't want to come back down and look at a few more boats?

Better not let Obama read this

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#280898 - 02/06/10 05:29 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Easy there Tom.
We just had a nasty chill blow through central and south Florida. The weather guy said it came directly from Michigan. I actually had to pull my shirt collar up to keep from freezing.
Eddie

#280899 - 02/06/10 10:44 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had to wear a jacket to the golf course today. I don't believe the temperature ever go to 60 all day.
Oh well, in a few hours you guys can mix a hot toddy, sit back by the fireplace and watch the Saints kick some Colt rear end! That will warm ya up!
DonM

#280900 - 02/07/10 12:46 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
As a european, I always marvel at the extremes to be found in the Americas especially because here in south Yorkshire,UK the most level snow I have experienced in my 77 years is 14 inches!

so your 3 feet certainly takes some licking.
although I do remember once in south Germany, Frankenwald, retiring one night and the next morning finding that my car was completely hidden under the night's snowfall.
cheers

#280901 - 02/07/10 03:22 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
The only place I'd like 3 feet of snow is while we are on a ski trip for a week..............that's fun. We've been on a couple of week long ski trips where it snowed 2 feet.
For a skier it doesn't get much better than that. Gary I can hear you thinking is this guy out of his mind?? On the other hand when I'm home having to work, it's a different story......

#280902 - 02/07/10 07:24 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore

Steve,

C'mon down. I have some great ski trails behind the house where you could get in some cross country skiing. A week earlier they were called deer trails.

Today, before the football game, the car has to be dug out. Gotta' go back to work Monday, and the weatherman is calling for a 40 percent chance of snow again on Tuesday. Diki is probably cracking up reading this, and I'll bet he's playing outdoors in a Tiki Bar tonight.

Just another fun day in Paradise,

Gary

#280903 - 02/07/10 10:14 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
Diki Online   content

Paradise is a little chilly right now, not as bad as when you came down, but in fairness, the Panhandle ain't Miami!

Nighttime in the 30-40 range, daytimes in the 50-60's. But what do you expect with the Saints in the Superbowl?! Even Satan now has a cross country skiing trail outside his back door...

But I'll trade you 3ft of snow for being wiped out by a hurricane any day! Be glad for what you have...

#280904 - 02/07/10 10:39 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

But I'll trade you 3ft of snow for being wiped out by a hurricane any day! Be glad for what you have...

There is ALWAYS another side to the coin...
t.

#280905 - 02/07/10 11:09 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Steve,

C'mon down. I have some great ski trails behind the house where you could get in some cross country skiing. A week earlier they were called deer trails.

Gary

Gary, I'm the lazy type I only downhill ski, it's not nearly as much work Now if you had a mountain in your backyard, I could show up at your door.

#280906 - 02/07/10 02:01 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Gary, I'm the lazy type I only downhill ski, it's not nearly as much work Now if you had a mountain in your backyard, I could show up at your door.

Gary's got a pretty good slope just going from his street to the front door !!!
t.

#280907 - 02/07/10 02:06 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
We're having great weather here in Detroit, no big snow yet. Just bring a kevlar vest.

#280908 - 02/08/10 06:20 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore

Weather guy just updated tomorrow's forecast. Another 6 to 12 inches of snow for counties north and east of Baltimore, 4 to 8 inches for those counties south and west of Baltimore. Temperatures may even get above freezing for one day this week.

I guess the tough part is not being able to get to those jobs where I'm scheduled for the remainder of the week. The snow plow finally arrived yesterday evening about 5:00 and pushed a 3-foot pile of snow in front of my driveway. Spent another hour getting rid of it with the snow blower, then cleared some for the neighbors until game time.

Steve, I have a pretty good slope from the top of my lawn down to the creek, about 700 feet, but no chair lift to bring you back up the hill, which is fairly steep. And, if you don't stop on the flats on this side of the creek, well, that water is colder than a tall glass of Kickapoo Joy Juice.

I'm going out with the camera and shoot some photos, then try to figure a way to post them.

Cheers,

Gary

#280909 - 02/08/10 08:15 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore

HEADLINE: Al Gore's Blizzard 2010 buries mid-Atlantic region in 2 to 3 feet of snow--more to come.

Belly deep ain't fun, even for the deer.

Cheers,

Gary

#280910 - 02/08/10 10:13 AM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
OK, I will quit complaining about our ongoing rain and thunder storms day after day because I see when they leave here they are bring a lot of snow to you that you don't need.
AT least we got temps in the 60's so we can tolerate the rain. I walk the dog using the golf cart and just walk him back and forth under the outside roof at the clubhouse.
LIfe could be worse but not here
Hope you get rid of all that snow soon and don't end up with floods from the melt.
Bebop

#280911 - 02/08/10 03:49 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore

Just got an updated weather forecast for this part of the world--16 to 20 inches with the snow beginning about 3 p.m. tomorrow. Good thing I tuned up the snow blower. It seems like it's going to get a real workout this winter.

Cheers,

Gary

#280912 - 02/08/10 04:27 PM Re: Bad news for Gary Diamond, Baltimore
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Good thing I tuned up the snow blower.
Cheers,
Gary

Is that baby humming at concert 440 ???

t.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry