SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#280802 - 02/05/10 07:06 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
leezone Offline

YES to KETRON

#280803 - 02/05/10 11:04 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I would consider it UNDER some "ifs":

1.-Correct the issues on the current OS.
2.LOWER the price....is out of range...basically pricing out of the market, remember what happen to Technics?
3.-Release the software proprietary to enable "Other" style designers make lots of them, guess who benefits?....remember the Apps for the Iphone and the I touch?, Apple released their software and now they can even use that as a Marketing tool, they now have over 100,000 apps......consider how old is the I-phone, I am aware that the amount of users are much more limited in the arrangers, still, I think it could make a BIG difference.

------------------
mdorantes

#280804 - 02/05/10 12:34 PM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Secure delivery....

Without that, some form of copy protection, who on earth is going to develop styles for the Audya, with its' vastly more complicated audio loops to have to record? They sell ONE copy, we all trade it around like bubblegum cards, how does he get PAYED?

But if it had secure delivery and copy protection, they wouldn't have to charge much, because EVERYONE with an Audya would be paying him (if the styles were any good, that is!) rather than just the first few, as it now stands. See the thread about the Korg Europe styles if you don't believe me...

And leezone... You can't honestly tell me that after your cosigning Tony's bad rap on the Audya, and slamming it for the lack of every cutting edge computer technology that no other arranger has either (I have to discount the MS, because even its' manufacturer now acknowledges it isn't an arranger!), that if they brought it out basically as is but in a box, that you would swallow all your words and buy one..?

My flabber is ghasted I bet I get an MS before you buy an Audya!

#280805 - 02/06/10 12:28 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
leezone Offline

Diki,

yes i realize it has 64mb RAM and small HD, and USB 1.1, etc,

BUT

it is BY FAR the most realistic "live sounding" arranger out today, at least for MY music.

it sounds LIVE, much more than ANY other arranger,

Diki,
you try the AUDYA through a REAL PA,
and then your G-70, and i GUARANTEE you that YOU will be convinced.

you GOTTA try it out

#280806 - 02/06/10 04:59 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
IF it was priced fairly...MAYBE...but it won't be so the answer for me is NO!

All Ketron is to much $$$

Lee S.

#280807 - 02/06/10 05:51 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Quote mdorantes:
"LOWER the price....is out of range...basically pricing out of the market, remember what happen to Technics?"

Technics close down wasn't anything to do with prices - they were always a very reasonably priced board - their last range topper, the KN7000 retailed at £2,100.

It's only since Technics demise that Yamaha and other manufacturers have been constantly raising prices - because the raelly tough competition is no longer there!

Tehnics only closed down because Panasonic, who owned them, decided that they could make enough money from all their other products without having to invest in all the research & developement which used to go into Technics. For instance, they were the first to move on to SD cards and enable the boards to play MP3's. Roland tried a similar thing with Zip disks which didn't work out as successfully and still couldn't play MP3's. Ketron are STILL using floppies in the SD5 & SD3, thereby forcing people to pay for VERY EXPENSIVE hard drives. Getting to grips with modern innovations is just as important as prices.

#280808 - 02/06/10 07:00 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Anthony is right in his statement regarding Technics.

Yes, I'll buy Ketron again, but I'm not not going to buy Audya befrore I see what this update will
change and/or add.
I've got a very very good offer by have it shipped from our neighbour country. Legally from a music
store and imported the right way, and still half the price compared to what we have to pay here.
In this case it will end up at the same level as Tyros3 and PA2X Pro in this country, aprox US $5000.
We'll see ....

Btw,
Musikmesse 2010 will be held in Frankfurt am Main from March 24 to 27, 2010. Looks like
Ketron will be at Hall 5.0 B26. http://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en/exhibitor.details.html/ketron-s-r-l.html

Maybe this is the time and place they will release the updated OS and other news... if any?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#280809 - 02/06/10 09:23 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Musikmesse 2010 will be held in Frankfurt am Main from March 24 to 27, 2010. Looks like
Ketron will be at Hall 5.0 B26.

Maybe this is the time and place they will release the updated OS and other news... if any?

Cheers
GJ[/B]

This might also be when they release the module and/or 61 key versions..

Check THIS Out. Its LOGIC58(Marcello Colo) on youtube and he really shows what Audya is all about.
Also check out his other youtube videos.

This is what Audya is all about, the totall sound, maybe other brands(I personally like KOrg) have better and more impressive solo sounds, but nothing has the total sound of a Audya Performance.
Thats why i think that the Audya module will do great, you'll add these great styles to whatever solo sound you like most, Korg, Motif or Roland.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 02-06-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#280810 - 02/06/10 09:58 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Its LOGIC58(Marcello Colo) on youtube and he really shows what Audya is all about.

The Audya certainly has a strong, robust, and "live" sound for sure...more than any other arranger.

Still, I prefer the Yamaha more compressed and refined sound for my work, which mainly involves recording and playing restaurant background music (of course, that's why I use Yamaha exclusively).

For dance stuff, the Audya definitely has the goods.

Ian

#280811 - 02/06/10 10:17 AM Re: Is an AUDYA-61 or AUDYA-M in YOUR future ???
leezone Offline

GJ,

if we have to wait till Messe,
that pushes the countdown back up to 46 right?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online