SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#280637 - 02/03/10 11:27 PM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
leezone Offline

Don,

how do you know a module is coming?

is that because you are DonM? the M for module?

AUDYA module?

#280638 - 02/04/10 02:43 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Before any talk of new modules and keyboards, there should be upgrades avaialable to SD5/SD3.it appears to me that putting the cart before the horse is exactly why Ketron got into trouble with Audya, look after what you have first, whilst developing and releasing a near perfect product. The SD5/3 are screaming for more styles, so come on where are they, i cant believe that buyers would not have to think twice buying an expensive Audya, when you have left us SD5/3 owners on the shelf.

#280639 - 02/04/10 03:42 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I agree, the SD5/3 is realy a great keyboard and they really should have expanded on it. The new drums and guitars really improved from older models. I thought it was going to be slam dunk.

But I don't see cutomers spending $2300 (basic model) with floppy disk, no hard drive, no USB, no vocalizer, no color screen. the hard drive and vocalizer can be added as an option. but then you looking at a $2800-$2900 keyboard.

#280640 - 02/04/10 04:33 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Before any talk of new modules and The SD5/3 are screaming for basic features updates which other brands have since 10 years ago...like some MIDI Rounting and stuff

#280641 - 02/04/10 06:56 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

Nedim,

Not like U stuck for words!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#280642 - 02/04/10 06:58 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Before any talk of new modules and keyboards, there should be upgrades avaialable to SD5/SD3.it appears to me that putting the cart before the horse is exactly why Ketron got into trouble with Audya, look after what you have first, whilst developing and releasing a near perfect product. The SD5/3 are screaming for more styles, so come on where are they, i cant believe that buyers would not have to think twice buying an expensive Audya, when you have left us SD5/3 owners on the shelf.

Now here is a man who knows what he is talking about. if you all read this and in between the lines the guy is right, he's spotted the Ketron trait! AJ can you make sure Ketron see this, this is the basis of all their problems, that only me and Robbo know about, unless you know different!!!

Cheers Robbo

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 02-04-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#280643 - 02/04/10 07:12 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
leezone Offline

when will all this new Ketron stuff drop?

and why is it we saw nothing new from Ketron at this past NAMM?

my guess is it's still a long ways away...

or maybe they did not want to show it off 3 years early like the AUDYA...

#280644 - 02/04/10 07:32 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Don,

how do you know a module is coming?

is that because you are DonM? the M for module?

AUDYA module?

Only if the modules has at least the features of the 76 keys board and a USB2 interface then this will be a true asset..

But then keytron in the past has mostly released modules with way less feautures then the top model..

@Robbo and MC :
Why would they spend time releasing stuff for old keyboards like SD3 and SD5, You bought an SD3 or SD5 and should be happy as it is, or be prepared to pay for software updates... Free content updates is so 2009, buiseness models like that are sure to get intoo financial troubles, Free bug fixes for sure but free content updates, no way.. (if keytron wants to survive as a brand they start charging for content updates/expansions) And when there is income from software expansions, they can pay programmers with that money to even create more software updates..

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 02-04-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 02-04-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#280645 - 02/04/10 09:34 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Tony, there is an old say in my country:
A fast attentionless bit$h gives birth to Blind Dogs...
In English sounds funny and stupid but it has a meaning...

#280646 - 02/04/10 09:43 AM Re: BAD NEWS FOR AUDYA OWNERS....
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Other than a 1 or 2 people here who actually own an Audya, why do you all bitch like you got ripped off? You didn't buy one, your not even thinking of buying one but yet all I read is about how Ketron screwed everyone?

I do agree with Tony because he had a problematic board and got no assitance in getting it taken care of, but that could be part of the dealer fault, the distributor, or who knows.

Remember Ketron is a very very small company, GEM was about the same and they are now gone, so for Ketron to still be around when giants like Korg and Yamaha are dominating, how is that?

Sorry but I can only read so much before I had to give my little rant, i apologize.

I also do not work for Ketron, never got a Ketron for free, never expected to get one for free. I've tried to help people who haven't bought from me, because thier dealers sold them product with little or knowledge and cant help them, which most of the times is simple stuff.

OK back to cave.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

[This message has been edited by frankieve (edited 02-04-2010).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online