SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#280551 - 02/02/10 10:20 AM Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
AFG Music Offline

this is amzing the only workstation that can do this. if you have 8 usb midi controlers keyboard like behringer umx 49 you can conect it with usb cabel to the MS and MS show your controler on jack ALSA interface. you can conect on jack interface the 8 midi usb cintrolers to 8 asio VST. you can full control 8 VST with you 8 usb midi keyboard controlers realtime separately. it is amazing! i think domenico most demo this amazing option on a video

#280552 - 02/02/10 10:40 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you have 8 USB sockets (Or a hub) and plug in 8 USB keyboards, then all will be recognised by Mac, Windows and Linux.
The Jack system used on the MS is also available for Windows and Mac OS, so I can’t see what you’re all excited about.

Bill

#280553 - 02/02/10 11:25 AM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
AFG Music Offline

i know that it is possible on widows and Mack. but you can not play 8 asio VST at the same time on widows and MAC. here on MS for example if you have 8 players with 8 usb midi boards they can play in realtime 8 differnts VST at the same time.is that not extreme?

for live for example you have MS with 2 other usb midi keyboard contollers for 2 differents VST. is like you have an arranger with 2 synths live. one big differents here is MS is like a PC powerfull and everthing is in one box(keybed-pc-monitor-realtime controllers-linux super super low latency-easy conection tools and.............)

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 02-02-2010).]

#280554 - 02/02/10 12:59 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I dont really see what ASIO has to do with MIDI cuz playing 8 or 20 VSTs has to do with
MIDI and not ASIO, ASIO has to do with Audio but yes, i on my MACs i've played more then
2-3 VSTs at the same time, in the DAW for each VST you simply sellect different MIDI Input.

#280555 - 02/02/10 01:24 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes Nedim, but on windows systems you can only have on ASIO driver active at a time. I think that is what AFG is getting at.

On the MS system you can have up to ten ASIO engines all running at the same time.

It is a bit different to MIDI, although even that has limitations over the USB system on windows as there is a limit of 10 midi drivers.

#280556 - 02/02/10 01:39 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I never know that the MS OS was able to support 8 or more USB controller.. ( never had the time for testing this features)

Nedim..I think you there still not have understand what is the difference from VST and multiple ASIO hosts.
For the VST, you need one host foor open it, like DAW Repaer or so on and ONLY one host at time then is able to run the VST.
If you use Reaper, mean that you have to create a session with the all VST open and every time you have to load a new session for one different setups.
Nice where IF you are able to run the Forte + the Reaper...but on windows is NOT possible.

On Linux Jack, we can running up unlimites ASIO host, it ean that EACH ASIO host sounds engine is like a independent sounds expander:

In this way on each ASIO expander you can also connect one external USB controller or USB keyboard and play direct to this host.
Here you can see one new example: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/komplete-os-p-244.html
So.. if you have running on MS 10 ASIO sounds host, press one KEY and they will run automatically, then you can also connect externally another 10 USB master keyboards and play on each keyboard the desidered sounds Host engine.
get the idea?
( try under windows if you are able.. )

#280557 - 02/02/10 03:00 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
For Windows and Mac http://jackaudio.org so whats all the fuss about.

Bill

#280558 - 02/02/10 03:57 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
i think domenico most demo this amazing option on a video

Can't wait...

Beats waiting for some decent music, I suppose

#280559 - 02/02/10 07:46 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Can't wait...

Beats waiting for some decent music, I suppose

Yawn.... Troll Alert.

Go on Diki, repeat yourself for the 100th time before you accidentally do something positive or productive with your time instead.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 02-02-2010).]

#280560 - 02/02/10 07:52 PM Re: Lionstracs MS or Groove 8 asio VST Live
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
For Windows and Mac http://jackaudio.org so whats all the fuss about.

Bill

You can only run one ASIO host on Windows so it's function is limited by windows itself.

Where on a Linux system JACK can connect to multiple ASIO hosts, each running VSTi's.

Regards
James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online