SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#280516 - 02/02/10 03:16 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
Mystic Jammer Offline

Loc: quebec
Ok seem i started a little war

i'm not surprised as this post was to know more about insatisfaction like i had with my psr-s910 keybed, but now it's back to the stores in exchange with a Korg M3 (THIS is a fantastic keybed)

It's interresting to see that somes peoples like the Psr keybed and i just realised that lot of senior don't have the hands to play on semi-weighted or full hammer keybed so the psr keys are not bad for them.

I'm making the wish that Yamaha will put the tyros keybed in the psr arranger for the next generation of them!!!!

Have fun everybody
MJ
Software: Logic 9, Kore 2, NI-Komplete

#280517 - 02/02/10 04:16 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
You really should attribute phrases you steal...

Uh, the whole purpose of quotation marks is.....oh, never mind. Why don't you just go to google and see if you can find a copy of 'Punctuation marks for Dummies'. You're likely to find this: "The yourDictionary website defines quotations marks ( “” ) as “ Either of a pair of punctuation marks used primarily to mark the beginning and end of a passage attributed to another and repeated word for word".

chas

#280518 - 02/02/10 05:16 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
First, a reply to the OP... G70 keybed, without a doubt. Better than ANY other 76 semi, enough weight you don't feel like you are playing an organ, rounded keys, so your hands don't hang up doing organ smears (a LOT more attention ought to be payed to this, IMO) full length, textured black notes, just the right amount of force needed to trigger the aftertouch (and not too much so you do it accidentally, all the time)...

As arranger players, we have the quandary of needing to do BOTH piano and organ parts on the same keybed. So OF COURSE a compromise is necessary, Some prefer to weight it one way, some the other. Me, I prefer to sit as close to the middle as possible...

I'd like to respond to this backbiting going on, but who am I to judge?! Just try to keep off the personal, guys. This is an ARRANGER forum, not a General Insulting Forum. Unless, of course, you feel insulted when someone doesn't agree with you...

#280519 - 02/02/10 05:19 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
I like a bed that when i throw my house and car keys down on them the keys don't sink all the way in, but also that they don't bounce up too hard and maybe hit me in the face. And it should be big enough to accommodate the keys
and my wife and myself--nothing worse than falling into bed and landing on pointy keys--ouch!

seriously i just don't get this post, why does anyone need a bed for keys, just throwing them down on the end table isn't
good enough anymore?

------------------
Miami Mo

#280520 - 02/02/10 05:29 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
Mystic Jammer Offline

Loc: quebec
Quote:

We all like to feel our choice is the best...that's human nature, and nobody is wrong.

This type of topic always results in someone starting with "mine is better than yours", and "your keyboard is junk" or "a toy"

Let's get serious a bit here!!!

Negative emotions are because someone is in fear or in confusion; You can tell me that my Korg M3 keybed is crap all you want and it wouldn't make me a scratch in my emotions as i'm loving it at 200%, no fear, no confusions, it's the best keybed of the world (for me ).

But But getting personnal, saying thing like YOU are xyz in really not ok, that's just prove how the guy is having difficulty that he can't manage whitout pushing that on other peoples...

I often say that it's like dropping your emotional garbage on someone else..... and that is again not OK at all as peoples are not garbage container....

so every other keybed exept the Korg M3 is crappy and now that we know it we can be in peace together lol.

It is my view that it can be very good for everybody to talk over the differences we have.

How could i know that roland make good arranger keybed for me whitout this threads...

Take care and keep humour, it's an universal lubrifiant

MJ

[This message has been edited by Mystic Jammer (edited 02-02-2010).]
Software: Logic 9, Kore 2, NI-Komplete

#280521 - 02/02/10 05:29 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
Tonewheeldude Offline

funny thing is, quite a few of the keyboards mentioned here use exactly the same keyframes which are made by the Italian company Fatar.

The only difference is the way the software is set up, Roland will respond differently to say a Ketron as the velocity curves are set by the keyboard manufacturer, not Fatar. They also make keyboards for Hammond and Korg.

A few of the current frames or on their website (but not all): http://www.fatar.com/Pages/Intro_production.htm

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 02-02-2010).]

#280522 - 02/02/10 05:39 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
funny thing is, quite a few of the keyboards mentioned here use exactly the same keyframes which are made by the Italian company Fatar.

The only difference is the way the software is set up, Roland will respond differently to say a Ketron as the velocity curves are set by the keyboard manufacturer, not Fatar. They also make keyboards for Hammond and Korg.

A few of the current frames or on their website (but not all): http://www.fatar.com/Pages/Intro_production.htm

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 02-02-2010).]

Yes thats right. Korg use to have keybeds from Yamaha but since a long time now they use Fatar keybeds. Not a surprise to mention I prefer Fatar.

Use Roland also Fatar keybeds?

#280523 - 02/02/10 05:52 PM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
As far as I know....Roland still makes their key beds..

MediaStation uses a quality Fatar key bed..

The MS and G70 are by a large margin my favorite action key beds..

#280524 - 02/03/10 03:34 AM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
But with a sufficiently large order, Fatar will make a keybed for you to certain of your specifications. Want heavier weights? Lighter springs? Make a large enough order (which an entire line from a major manufacturer is), you can get some control...

The thing about a thread like this is, it doesn't HAVE to be a mine is better than yours scenario, but also, with enough respondents, we might be able to see a consensus. So, it doesn't necessarily mean your choice of keybed is right or wrong (it's your choice, after all) but it IS possible to see what the general opinion of something is...

#280525 - 02/03/10 06:04 AM Re: Poll, what kind of keybed do you like
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
All Wersi OAS instruments use Fatar keybeds which suit me no problem, particularly as you can alter the dynamic curve (14 settings) to suit your style of playing. In addition you can set them up differently for each layer as well as store them in a pre-set, so you can cover a lot of different circumstances.

Bill

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online