SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#280447 - 02/01/10 07:04 AM OT -- Amazing acoustic guitar player
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Has nothing to do with arrangers but I feel compelled to share a great discovery. I made this same post on another forum, trying to help the guy out. This guy slays me, I think he is so talented!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAhtzRFFa0&feature=player_embedded

There are several youtubes, I watched several, check him out. I think I will buy his cd.

I was floored by his youtube sound. From his website...

What equipment and gear do you use when playing live or recording?

I play with a taylor 814ce - Limited Edition 2006. Its a beauty and had to save for a while to get her. When playing live I just plug into a DI box and hope the soundman knows what he's doing. The pickup on the guitar is the expression system used from Taylor, it picks up everything very nicely. For recording on video or other projects I use a Rode NT4 Stereo mic with a AT3035 Condensor Mic to capture the room. Add a little reverb and compression and thats it.

= = =

Haha, based on this alone, I bought a used Rode NT4. I hope to a fraction of the sound he has.

Read his bio, he has had an interesting, challenging life. Seems like a nice guy.

#280448 - 02/01/10 10:27 AM Re: OT -- Amazing acoustic guitar player
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Not for comparison but appreciation give a listen to Tommy Emannuel Amazing Grace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q8otYLDepI&feature=PlayList&p=397C6DDC049F30DA&index=0&playnext=1

John C.

#280449 - 02/01/10 11:02 AM Re: OT -- Amazing acoustic guitar player
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yep, I am well aware of Tommy Emmanuel, he's one of my favorites. One of the top guitarists in the world. I'm just posting this new guy because he is a nobody, so far. TE has a global following already. I am impressed with Jamal's youtube sound.

#280450 - 02/01/10 11:23 AM Re: OT -- Amazing acoustic guitar player
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tommy was here in Lexington last week at the Kentucky theatre. Was sitting beside me for a cup of coffee. Had a nice, brief chat.

This guy is really great. One of the few times I think the use of a capo is justified (to let him play open F).

Thanks,

Russ

#280451 - 02/02/10 06:04 AM Re: OT -- Amazing acoustic guitar player
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks for sharing this with us, Bill:

What a talent... and so young. I'm with you, there are many, many great guitar players but we need to be supportive of the new guys attempting to climb the ladder... and this one can really climb!

You have good ears. How's that aching head after your famous dive? (LOL!)

Dave Rice

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online