SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#280256 - 01/29/10 03:28 AM Re: iPad! : Apple's LATEST Device officially announced TODAY!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Give me a 12 inch version of this and I'd be the happiest man ever. http://www.archos.com/products/nb/archos_9/index.html?country=ie&lang=en

Regards
James

#280257 - 01/29/10 05:19 AM Re: iPad! : Apple's LATEST Device officially announced TODAY!
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerryghr:
How about a net book ($299), a 21" monitor ($120), and a pdf viewer (0$)?

Also the digital frames are increasing in size and coming down in price.

Look, if you are in the pit of a Philharmonic orchestra, the Music Pad Maestro 1) fits on a stand made for it, and with the tap of a foot or the tap of a finger, will advance one page forward. A digital frame doesn't have the page advance and search functions that a Music Pad Maestro would have. A net book has some problems too, including aesthetic problems and the potential that a violinist might bump into the keyboard as he's leaning forward to read the music.

I think the Maestro would be better if it had e-ink like the Kindle that doesn't strain the eyes as much as a LCD, especially if you spend hours each day reading music.

Beakybird

#280258 - 01/29/10 09:06 PM Re: iPad! : Apple's LATEST Device officially announced TODAY!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
They've got cameras in iPhones, and video cameras in iPod Nano's... I don't think Apple is too worried about losing sales on their home/office computer lines by including these on smaller, cheaper products.

But iPhones and iNanos aren't of the same size or of the same level of functionality as a Macbook.

The iPad is much more in line size-wise and ability (and in the public's perception) as a Notebook/Laptop. Hence my reasoning.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online