SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#279349 - 01/15/10 04:14 AM OT: Send a couple of bucks
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I know this belongs at the Bar but I know there is a much larger audience here. If you can spare it, consider sending 5 or 10 bucks to some reputable organization and designate it for the Haitian relief effort. I understand some organizations have made it as easy as sending a certain text message and it will be added to your phone bill. This is a terrible and monumental tragedy but it does give us an opportunity to show our humanity. Thanks.

chas

#279350 - 01/15/10 07:17 AM Re: OT: Send a couple of bucks
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Done, friend. Please, anyone who can, help now is critical.

Russ

#279351 - 01/15/10 11:36 AM Re: OT: Send a couple of bucks
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Just struck a deal with a restaurant I play often. I'm doing 4 cocktail hours next week (5:00-7:00PM) for a $100.00 a night donation to the Red Cross Relief effort, we're getting print and broadcast media coverage (that's part of what I do for a living), 10% of each check will go to the relief fund, AND the place is letting us put up a donation stand so patrons can easily make additional donations.

I'm working on a dinner for Sunday afternoon, where $15.00 of a $25.00 fee will go to the effort. I'll be "pitching" the dinner, cocktail hour and individual donations between most tunes. I'm preparing a mailing that will go out tomorrow morning to all my corporate contacts in my business database. We'll promote on PSA announcements, which will be recorded about 2:00 AM in the morning, and sell 100 tickets. My goal is a total of $5,000.00, and I'll personally make up the difference Sunday night (next Sunday). If we exceed the $5,000.00 figure, I'll kick in an additional $1,000.00. I have 8:00 jobs on some nights, but I may try to do the 5-7 thing for the rest of January and the month of February. If we get traffic, the restaurant will go along. All this will cost me is a little time, and the funds I was going to spend on another guitar I don't need.

All it takes is a 30 second look at some of the footage...helping out is the right thing to do.

Please help those who need it so badly.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 01-15-2010).]

#279352 - 01/15/10 11:58 AM Re: OT: Send a couple of bucks
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I sent 25 last night through red cross so going out to dinner tonight is now staying in for hamburgers.
HOpe everyone will send what they can.
Hamburgers aren't so bad
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online