SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#279163 - 01/12/10 08:48 PM Audya OS4 locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Sorry Chaps,

I am but the simple messenger, a bringer of bad tiding, but consider that this occurred only once on New Years Eve and that also this was a Beta version and will certainly not occur on the real OS4, nothing like turning over a new leaf for 2010.Doh!

Written by Drumermix on thread below:

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/020547-2.html

I currently have an Audya version 4 in beta test.
this is my sixth AUDYA since it is sold!
I knew from the beginning of huge problems.
These problems are partly solved since version 3.0a.
Version 4 is stable, I played the evening of December 31, only one crash, requiring reboots, because of registration!
I said that I realize all my styles with waves in parts audiodrums user.
critical points from Audya, are:
**Memory-Ram ridiculous, unworthy of a machine of the 21st century ...
Of the 64 Mb, 16 Mb are dedicated to Live Guitars, which leaves only 48 mb for SuperSolo!

**Design patterns-not from the keyboard ....

**Ergonomics ill-considered ...

**Pitch Bend ill-adapted as a model PA2 Pro X would be better .
**A touch screen is not a luxury!

Musically, the Audya has no lessons to take from its competitors!
What a pleasure to play with a virtual group

Wait a little longer, ca worth waiting .....

Nelson

[This message has been edited by drumremix (edited 01-12-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 01-12-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 01-12-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#279164 - 01/12/10 11:36 PM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Where is OS 3.0 B? C? D? ...e tc???

#279165 - 01/13/10 12:37 AM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
skude Offline

One crash. There shouldn't be any. Lets hope it's just the beta version.
BTW haven't had any "crash, lock up, freezing" with OS3, (knock on woods) and don't tell me I'm not pushing buttons, and my kb is in use 4-6 hours every day. While playing I'm changing sounds all the time, stepping on my FS13 like a dancer. To most of the styles I'm using I have done changes, ( drums, live guitars etc.) For ones may be I'm one of the few lucky ones, not used to that.(even a brain dead can lucky Tony ) Reading the posts about the Audya makes me feel like I'm waiting for something (bad) to happen,(hope not) Have a gig comming up thursday and then saturday, so let's see.
skude

#279166 - 01/13/10 07:50 AM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Beakybird Offline

As some are crashing regardless of OS and others are just fine, I bet the problem is a hardware problem - maybe bad memory or a bad hard drive. This would mean that even with OS version 10c it would still lock up.

Beakybird

#279167 - 01/13/10 08:00 AM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Come'on guys, Drumremix are testing, and OS4 is not out yet.
Crash during betatesting don't make me worried at all, but it will do if I buy Audya and it happens
in a released OS4.xxxx.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#279168 - 01/13/10 08:21 AM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
leezone Offline

Drumremix,

OS4 worth the wait?

will the AUDYA finally be worth the $5,000 ???

#279169 - 01/13/10 11:07 AM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Come'on guys, Drumremix are testing, and OS4 is not out yet.
Crash during betatesting don't make me worried at all, but it will do if I buy Audya and it happens
in a released OS4.xxxx.

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

Crashing was cured in OS3.0A or so they said , it should not crash at all in OS4.0 beta or no beta, where this going to end.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#279170 - 01/13/10 11:22 AM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
As some are crashing regardless of OS and others are just fine, I bet the problem is a hardware problem - maybe bad memory or a bad hard drive. This would mean that even with OS version 10c it would still lock up.

Beakybird

I think it is software, if it was Hardware it would be more of a problem with Ketron,the KB would need to go back, you may never see it again and would you want to part with it whilst they tried to get it right, what would you play on whilst you waited a year for you KB to come back, thats what would happen. Your maoney back is a pipe dream.

#279171 - 01/13/10 01:08 PM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If ONE person doesn't crash, it's not software, plain and simple. It has got to be hardware.

I am definitely starting to come to the conclusion that unless DonM is deliberately hiding any crashes that he has had, there MUST be a hardware difference between his unit and yours, Tony.

I still don't understand why, in this age of internet, email, skype and arranger forums, you haven't (any of you!) made what seems like the slightest effort to get with each other and try and track this down. I mean, the EASIEST thing you can do is find out who is crashing, who isn't. What serial numbers crash, which don't. What the internal componentry is, are there any differences, and maybe more complicatedly, use a checksum calculator on each of your HD's to see if you are ALL using the same data, or whether it's installed properly.

And PLEASE.... 'It crashes' is about the most useless information (other than as a simple, basic warning) I can think of. WHEN does it crash? What are you doing when it crashes (don't start that again, Tony! You know how I feel about that... at least SOME info can be given, if not the EXACT thing)?

You've had three prior software releases to get yourselves organized, and this is the BEST you can do? I don't think so...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-13-2010).]

#279172 - 01/13/10 02:33 PM Re: Audya OS4 locks up
Beakybird Offline

I'm so sorry for all the aggravation this keyboard is causing.

I would never by Ketron. Not since my replacement X1 came back with loose screws floating around when I opened the box - and what proved to be a defective key bed.

The third X1 played just fine, but they didn't tell me before they sent it that there was a big gash on the body of the monster.

Beakybird

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online