SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#279141 - 01/30/10 02:20 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
The speed of change when using external sounds on any software instrument is determined on whether the sounds are stored in Ram or have to be loaded from the HDD, if they are stored in Ram then the changes are instantaneous, (Just as any voice on your PA1x) however if they have to be loaded off the HDD, then there is a delay (Dependent on speed of disc) while the sound is located and loaded into Ram.
Most VSTi these days allow pre-loading of sounds (The number of sounds being dependent on a combination of Ram size, CPU speed and HDD speed) into Ram so that changes can be instantaneous. (Third party hosts can also be used to pre-load sounds)
Note: Some older VSTi were designed purely for computer sequencers, and were not very effective when used live, however since about 2004/5 (When even cheap computers were really powerful) most VSTi have been optimised for live On-stage use, as well as for computer sequencers
Hope this helps

Bill

#279142 - 01/30/10 02:22 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No offense, Magica, but if you want to jam with me, you MIGHT need to leave just a LITTLE room to play! There isn't room on that track to slide a cigarette paper in there...

I'm sorry, but once again, the 'integration' fails to impress me. There are some things on there that sound pretty good, but there are some things that sound pretty underwhelming, also. Also, as crowded and busy as this style is, it's hard to imagine what on earth this would be good for... The more stuff you layer in (possibly because, the rhythm alone by itself leaves you wanting?) the more you obscure the basic sound quality. I'm sorry, but it's much harder to make something simple and convincing, especially acoustic based music, than it is to put together this 'polyphonic spree'

And sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but my musical tastes run from Bach to Bjørk, from Bob Marley to Bob Dylan, from Joe Zawinul to Joe Strummer. All good to listen to on a beach, though, if you are lucky enough to be on one...

I think chas is right, to be honest. I no longer have any interest in this topic. I shall simply let those who actually HAVE an MS make my points for me...

#279143 - 01/30/10 04:23 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Nigel has set up a dedicated forum for the MS, so items directly related to the MS would probably be better posted on there.

LOL! Now that would be a novelty in this forum. Topics actually being written into the dedicated forum section, instead of throwing it all on the huge pile that we call "General Arranger Keyboard Forum", which consists of reports on medical conditions, repeated ranting about other people's choice of keyboards and discussions about Apple's new iPad or the weather in Minnesota.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#279144 - 01/30/10 05:06 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
LOL! Now that would be a novelty in this forum. Topics actually being written into the dedicated forum section, instead of throwing it all on the huge pile that we call "General Arranger Keyboard Forum", which consists of reports on medical conditions, repeated ranting about other people's choice of keyboards and discussions about Apple's new iPad or the weather in Minnesota.

And yet we keep coming back . In my case, I'm afraid I'll miss one of Frans 'reviews' or one of Dom's 'demos'.

chas

#279145 - 01/30/10 05:23 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
And yet we keep coming back .

Oh yes, we are. Every once in a while there IS a topic that's actually interesting

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#279146 - 01/30/10 05:46 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
changed my mind with this post. Decided it wasnt worth the effort. sorry for wasting the space.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 01-30-2010).]

#279147 - 01/30/10 05:55 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 01-30-2010).]

#279148 - 01/31/10 07:07 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
Yes this is style from MS it is named ACID Jazz. I put it in qrranger with audio wave.

You can hear voice of some girl on intro 1, than i put inside sound of VST SUPERWAVE P8, and Trancer and P80, I use drums ADICTIVE Drums, and riff of guitar That is VST REALSTRATO wit additional COMBO.

Inside are also some sounds of GIGA GM BANK like TRUMPET, BASS; BRASS, HARMONICA; GUITAR.

A lot of things is played by styles, but I use also right hand with COMBI sounds.

There in right hand are 8 split points from C5 on. I use mix of VSTs and GIGA GM sounds.

And finaly I use one new VST that I found out this is EVS 2. This is great tool for composing new sounds.

So that is my setup of 1 minute. If you like it or not i can show you that all in my MS.

BR

Magica which O.S did you use for the last demo?

I think you should make a demo that is simpler. simplicity is the beauty in style creation. how busier a style how more unrealistic it sounds. make a style with live drums and guitar loops for each pair chord. Please do not get me wrong. you can load a style in qranger editor and instead of the midi drum loops, use real live drum loops. you can do this also with guitar track. you can also supplement with some human sounds.

one of the nice things is that in qranger more than one track for audio loops can be used in any style pattern.

#279149 - 01/31/10 11:43 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Magica Alfa Offline

Os is 4.0.

I can say that is faster and with it we can do more. Yes AFG and Diki You are right: to many sounds inside make mass, With that demo I want to tell thet is possible to make many things with one machine. There is only your needed your idea.

Also in my demo is some space but for Diki playing is never enought space . But for any kind of word Diki is first .

But as you say AFG all simple solutions are better. I agree with you.

Live drum loops are great. I use seperate bass drums, snare hh and toms so usualy 5 separate wave. That is working fine. Also effect on them is possible to set.

I'm not so familiar with guitar riff as audio. I'm studing it long time. But belive me when I will make one than I will make a ton of them. I was with my guitarist in touch long time about that.

Other possibility is with Virtual guitarist. But flexibility is not so good as I want that need to be. Changing between some styles in this case is only manualy.There in virtual guitarist is not working SYS EX.

I like also way with REALGUITAR. That is like midi and we can change in any chord in simple way.

I got back only one bad replay because sound was not so realistic. Diki know this demo well. I respect Dikis thinking. So I'm studing new solutions.

If somebody is having some idea about real guitar please let me know.

Thanks.

#279150 - 01/31/10 01:46 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
Os is 4.0.

I can say that is faster and with it we can do more. Yes AFG and Diki You are right: to many sounds inside make mass, With that demo I want to tell thet is possible to make many things with one machine. There is only your needed your idea.

Also in my demo is some space but for Diki playing is never enought space . But for any kind of word Diki is first .

But as you say AFG all simple solutions are better. I agree with you.

Live drum loops are great. I use seperate bass drums, snare hh and toms so usualy 5 separate wave. That is working fine. Also effect on them is possible to set.

I'm not so familiar with guitar riff as audio. I'm studing it long time. But belive me when I will make one than I will make a ton of them. I was with my guitarist in touch long time about that.

Other possibility is with Virtual guitarist. But flexibility is not so good as I want that need to be. Changing between some styles in this case is only manualy.There in virtual guitarist is not working SYS EX.

I like also way with REALGUITAR. That is like midi and we can change in any chord in simple way.

I got back only one bad replay because sound was not so realistic. Diki know this demo well. I respect Dikis thinking. So I'm studing new solutions.

If somebody is having some idea about real guitar please let me know.

Thanks.

oke, here one free idea for guitar tracks, lol

if you can use realguitar verry good, then you can play on your keybed and record the sound as a guitar audio chord loop. and you can so make a ton of chords. it wil sound better then midi recorded guitar. one other idea is have good guitar player and use a midi guitar and conect that with the MS to play chords for you and record that. one other idea if you are good guitar player, play on you guitar and record chord loops. this can be done on qranger, or you can use other editor like sonar and after you have your chords use qranger editor. there are many ways to do this

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 01-31-2010).]

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online