SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#279101 - 01/24/10 08:37 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If it's so easy, though, why isn't anyone doing it? There's enough of the darn things out there, isn't there?

I am not the slightest bit interested in the 'technical aspects' of a demo. Only the sound, the sound, the sound... If no-one has done it yet, if no-one has a plethora of demos that DO live up to the potential, don't you think that perhaps achieving that potential might be a BIT harder than you want to make out?

Thing is, James, if your PA2X wasn't capable of doing bass inversions (a basic function around for over a decade), I am not sure you would cut Korg the same slack you do the MS. We both know what the MS is capable of. We apparently disagree on how easy it is, and how functional it is...

And isn't that really WHY we choose arrangers?

#279102 - 01/25/10 12:12 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If it's so easy, though, why isn't anyone doing it? There's enough of the darn things out there, isn't there?

Actually I would guess that the number of MS keyboards out there is miniscule compared with Korg, Yamaha or Roland arrangers. Wouldn't you agree?

#279103 - 01/25/10 12:49 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Actually I would guess that the number of MS keyboards out there is miniscule compared with Korg, Yamaha or Roland arrangers. Wouldn't you agree?

Right...probably 1 in 10 000 others! We all know it as a fact.
How many of us on the forum have Korg? Roland? Yamaha? Ketron? Gem?
And how many MS users do i know here? Magica Alpha, Afghan and Miden (NOMORE).
Frank is a dealer, doesnt count.

#279104 - 01/25/10 01:27 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Alberto, alfred, Albino, Aravantis, Bernd, Bernard, Christophe, Filipe, Franz, Giorgio, Jacek, Jaha, Jhon, Judson, ken, Karl, Long, Luigi, Riccardo, Matthias, Philip, Philipe, Ramon, Renaud, Richard...I can continue to 318 that are full registered.
all the others I dont know because are sold from the dealers...
Megaaudio already sold the Groove, but I dont know who have buy..
do you think that we have package here 100 MS only for fun?

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 01-25-2010).]

#279105 - 01/25/10 02:31 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

So Dom is making my point for me...

HUNDREDS of them out there.

#279106 - 01/25/10 02:57 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
So Dom is making my point for me...

HUNDREDS of them out there.

Yeppp
You are right! The point was to REMOVE totally from the OS installer the Arranger module and now we restart again with the big sales!
Sounds workstation...and NOT arranger..this is what people on the world want.

#279107 - 01/25/10 03:43 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
and NOT arranger..this is what people on the world want.

You ever kick yourself for wasting four years trying to make the MS into an arranger, when it was obvious
that it wasn't what most arranger players wanted?

We tried to tell you...

It's a GREAT VSTi player. But it never WAS a great arranger.

#279108 - 01/25/10 06:05 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:

In addition to the point others have made I also blame you. Anyone who does upload something is scared away because you cut their performance into shreds without even so much as a single consideration for any technical aspect or the effort they went to.

The people who make the official demonstrations for Yamaha, KORG and others are all professional programmers, sound designers and musicals. They are not “Just” playing the keyboard.

Quote:
I am not the slightest bit interested in the 'technical aspects' of a demo.

lol.... Pure an utter ignorance to the facts.
The mere fact that you say something like that means you lack the ability to understand or remain even slightly open minded. It's also why nobody could ever have a proper conversation with you on any of this.

I'm only wasting my time on you Diki.

If you hate Lionstracs products so much, why don't you Troll somewhere else and let others get somthing productive done here.

James.

#279109 - 01/25/10 06:56 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
James, I think it's kind of unfair to blame Diki for Liontracs inability to produce ARRANGER demos at the same quality level of those he is competing with. That's the manufacturer/marketer's responsibility, not the end users (IMO). NOTHING marketed to the general public should be immune from criticism and the best way to silence that criticism is to demonstrate that they (the criticisms) don't hold water. In the world of Arrangers, Liontracs has not done that. To their credit, they have (wisely, IMO) abandoned their efforts to compete in the TOTL arranger market and moved to the WS market, where their offering is probably more competitive. I believe that they will still have to come up with better OOTB content to compete with the Fantom G's and Motif XS's of this world. I believe they will end up being a niche market, much like the MUSE, etc.

In the end, I think Dom has heard the criticisms of the MS's arranger functions and moved on. For that reason, I think it is probably time to also abandon the criticism of the MS as an arranger.

Not trying to be controversial here, this is JMO.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 01-25-2010).]

#279110 - 01/25/10 07:29 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hello.

You have misunderstood me.

Diki's comments are in relation Magica Alfa demo and the fact that nobody else is uploading anything either. As is other end users not Lionstracs.

With someone like Diki trolling these threads, it's no wonder.

Kind Regards
James

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online