SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#279121 - 01/28/10 11:52 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Diki is talking about the native arranger on the MS, which is totally useless as far as "standard" arranger functions.

Live Styler is add-on software that HAD to be introduced as the MS arranger was so bad. Even DC admitted as much.

And even then, LS is pretty ordinary on the MS, with quite a few styles glitching out, particularly the "busier" ones. Which is to be expected really I suppose, as it IS another layer of software running via the Windows emulator (W.I.N.E.) Which adds its own issues as well.

#279122 - 01/28/10 02:58 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ahhhh... Finally the voice of experience!

Closed arranger users post music. Open arranger users post SCREENSHOTS! (or bad music!)

#279123 - 01/29/10 12:37 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, firstly, if the guy bought a T3, he presumably thought the drums DIDN'T suck! At least, not enough to not use. But if he did, he would have got a PA2 or a Roland or an Audya. All good closed arrangers. But the MS's arranger section is a joke. Even its' 'features'. No Bass Inversions... they missing on YOUR arranger? Didn't think so...

I said it earlier, I'll say it again. Is the value of integration worth putting up with a very inferior arranger section? No other arranger from ANYBODY makes you come up with the content, sounds and integration yourself.

Personally, I don't believe it is. Unfortunately, the majority of those that believe this integration IS worth the effort haven't actually BOUGHT one, and tried to quantify that effort for themselves, and seem bent over backwards making excuses for those that HAVE tried to do it, and failed (by any reasonable degree of expectation) to achieve results superior to a closed arranger.

So I ask again... What is the easiest way to integrate a few VSTi RH sounds with a good arranger section? Personally, I don't believe the MS is the way to go... But I am CONVINCED that, if the MS arranger section had STARTED out as good as a PA2 or T3, and THEN all the other goodies were integrated, it would have dominated the arranger market and everybody else would be scrambling to copy it.

And they certainly aren't doing that!

And here is where we differ. You say no one has customize the arranger section to their needs. In fact that is not true. There have been many post where users have customize the arranger section to their needs. Not to mine or your needs or taste but their needs.

And, the person buying the T3 may think the drums suck but is willing to take the time to edit them to get them sounding to his liking. He will do that because the T3 integrates SA voices, mega voices in styles, OTS and lots of other things all in one board. It beats having to midi a drum machine to a keyboard.

It is the same concept for some one having the MS. The arranger section may require customization but integration with audio and midi parts for styles, audio and midi sequencer, VST and lots of other things all on one board is a grate incentive. It beats having to midi an arranger to a workstation and connect a laptop to that set-up.

#279124 - 01/29/10 03:59 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You've got to be kidding, right?

You are honestly going to tell us that the effort of customizing an MS is no more than what most users put in to customization of their closed arranger?

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it...

There is a TINY minority here at SZ that even assemble their own 'Frankenstyles' out of pieces parts of other styles they have. Then, of THAT tiny minority, there's a tiny minority that actually program styles from scratch. And then, out of THAT tiny minority, there's an even tinier minority that create from scratch the sounds that the style is played on....

Give it a rest guys...

Let the guys who actually have an MS SHOW us how easy it all is, eh? Still waiting. At least for something superior to a closed arranger.

#279125 - 01/29/10 04:17 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
[B]
Give it a rest guys...

Good advice.......especially since the machine in question is no longer an arranger, is not being touted as one, and no longer marketed or sold as one. The guy (Dom) even went so far as to remove the arranger section to avoid/stop the criticism; looks like even that extreme measure failed. Guess he'll have to do a Toyota-type recall of all models with this feature along with any and all old print references to this feature........OR, he could move his whole operation to Japan, install a chord sequencer, re-brand it as a RolUnd, and start over. Could work.

chas

#279126 - 01/29/10 05:43 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
While Diki believes that the world of music revolves around Florida and the style of music he plays, then he will never understand what the MS is about, (His loss) however as others have no problem using the MS to produce their country’s style of music, (Including styles to THEIR taste) and are not tied into to Diki’s centre of the universe stance, then life will continue, and Diki’s ranting’s can be ignored, as like everybody else he plays a very small part in the world of music.
Opinions are fine so long as the person making them doesn’t try to make them out as universal fact.

As I have mentioned before, Nigel has set up a dedicated forum for the MS, so items directly related to the MS would probably be better posted on there.

Bill

#279127 - 01/29/10 06:47 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
cgiles Offline

While I agree that the discussion of the Mediastation AS AN ARRANGER has probably gone way beyond it's shelf life, I have to take exception to the implication that Diki's musical range is limited to Florida 'beach music'. ANYONE that can play Wayne Shorter (Weather Report) has demonstrated for me that their talent, ability, and musical interest, goes wayyyyy beyond this small musical niche. If you're trying to make a living in Rome, you gotta' play what the Romans want to hear. Doesn't mean that's where your musical interests stops.

chas

#279128 - 01/29/10 07:19 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Let the guys who actually have an MS SHOW us how easy it all is, eh? Still waiting. At least for something superior to a closed arranger.
ask what you can do for your country.

Diki.. you laugh..but you make laugh only the Hens..

I made right now extra a demo video to probe that the mediastaion or groove can still play styles-arranger..so..there you can finally stop with this arguments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRizzk-DA0c

you can only continue blame me now about the audio recording with the MIC camera, BUT I don't have at all to prove there HOW the ASIO host, Giga sounds, players..have good audio quality, you can test yourself.
I leave the all others brand to prove HOW they new sounds are good for try to sell keyboards.

So...all you guys give a look of this demo video and then we will really see HOW TO EASY IS ALL!
Booting the OS, running the STYLES and some more multiple ASIO Host,Giga..by pressing just one key is really EASY. ( you can see there that I NEVER have used the Mouse, qverty keyboard...as the others PS system)
IF you are NOT able to press the KEYS sounds engines in realtime, then I really don't know who you there are able to use one embedded keyboard...

My system here will only prove how easy is loading new sounds engines and play the all what you want.
The new OS 4.0 now is totally performance to the new Mainboards and AM3 CPU, for that finally we dont have anymore startup issue, just look the all video available that I made before on OS 4.0 web site.

About the Livestyler...
We know both that the Yamaha VST is really a toys, BUT on my system, the possibility are endless.
You dont like the yamaha VST sounds?
buy this module: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%25253D1444%252526CTID%25253D206700%252526CNTYP%25253DPRODUCT,00.html
Connect the Midi OUT of the MS to the MU100, Audio Outs of MU100 to the MS audio inputs and connect by Jack inside the WHOLE audio system.
Live-styles can be set to the Midi OUT and select the MU100, you will have this all sounds integrated on the system.
Also, with the key PATCH 9 and 10, you can ALSO use the MU100 sounds on the keyboard, like the all ASIO host, Giga and so on..

At least: is NOT more superior to ANY closed arranger or embedded workstation??
Just let me see what you can make better with your.....???
Enjoy what you play...

#279129 - 01/29/10 07:52 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
cgiles Offline

Dom, you've got to stop making Diki's case for him . I realize what you're trying to demonstrate, but based on that video, you probably won't get many converts; at least, not from people used to Rolands, Korgs, Yamaha's, Ketrons, or even Casios. I'm sorry, but the demo was so bad that it probably wiped out any chance of showing off any of the keyboards good qualities. BTW, why are you still demo'ing the kb's arranger functions? I thought that approach had been discarded. Frankly dude, in the words of the American Idol judges, "that was not good". Sorry.

chas

#279130 - 01/29/10 07:58 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Chas...remember that I don't have to convince you at all! You can enjoy the keyboard that you like and play what you like.
Fortunally megaaudio don't care at all what you think...
http://www.megaaudio.de/newsletter/news/Liontracs_News_Dec09.html

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online