SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#279091 - 01/17/10 03:43 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
that wasnt the question i asked. I asked you to play any style you have converted, i dont care what style. I just want to hear it where you have replaced every GM or Giga sound in the style with a VST sound. I just wanted to hear what difference the better sounds would make to the overall impression of the style. To my knowledge i have never heard the HS demonstrated in the one way that sets it apart from any other hardware arranger.I hope it isnt too much to ask.

And Liontracs . i dont need to purchase songs to play with. I can sequence my own songs from scratch but thats not why i use an arranger.

#279092 - 01/17/10 04:05 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
Unless you know how the style sounds on the original instrument, you will not be able to compare it with the instruments changed for VSTi.
If you supply one of your own styles to be converted, then you will have a direct comparison.
In addition you will need to take into account the fact that the way you edit a style could be totally different to someone else. (Just changing instruments in the style will not work unless you identify the type and style of VSTi you wish to be used)

Bill

#279093 - 01/18/10 04:55 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Magica Alfa Offline

Dear,

Yes I can do that. If I will have time today I will post you example. But I can tell you that this can be totaly different.
you can play with it as many options you want. For fast changing between each track is better QRRANGER. It is more similar to CUBASE or SONOR.

#279094 - 01/18/10 02:32 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Jeez... C'mon, man!

Have you even BEEN to Yamaha or Korg or Ketron or Roland's web pages? Have you heard what they sound like? For even the most determined fanboy, you've GOT to admit they sound a bloody sight better than anything posted on this thread.

I just don't get it. Why subject yourself to the prodigious learning curve a product like this is going to impose on you, if all you get afterward is something no more impressive than this? Save yourself the money and the time...

Get a V-Machine or Musebox (or a laptop) and ADD them to your great sounding closed arranger if you want great VSTi lead sounds. But until the arranger part is better than the closed one, you are taking one step forward, and in my opinion, taking one giant leap backwards.

And before I get the 'Diki hates the MS' auto-fill retorts, just do me a favor and LISTEN to the examples. Give me flack if you think this DOES sound better than a T3 or a PA2 or an Audya, will you? And if you don't, allow me my opinion (well, allow it either way, but don't go looking for an agenda My agendas sit fixed to either side of my head ), OK..?

#279095 - 01/21/10 03:14 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Magica Alfa Offline

Yes Diki you are right. On web page of Yamaha Roland or Korg, Ketron etc are great demos.

But I can tell you that I love my things also. That work is mine and it is played by MS without any change of styles or sound.

I can make also songs with V-macvhine or with with any kind of VST I want. You will never be satified. I can post you exactly same file that you made madeon G70 made by MS and you will see that is there no difeerence or only difference is in real guitarwhich is playing all the time on riff. I like your style a lot it is great SHUNSINE. Also in this case you will not be satisfied. I had

Finally I'm not official maker of demos like guys on the pages you mention that are working because that is their job.

MY records are made in max one play with style and in same time I recorded it.

I see in MS one interesting tool and that is my opinion not yours.

BR

#279096 - 01/21/10 04:06 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

There are plenty of USER demos of the T3, PA2 etc. which blow this away. Don't blame how it SOUNDS on your playing. I am capable of hearing the difference. The style section is very apparent and separate from the RH voices. And THAT is what I'm listening to. Go and listen to the Tyros STYLE demos, will you?

No amount of skill (or lack thereof) can change what the style section does. You put down a chord, it plays what it plays. OK, OK, you can screw up the chords, but big deal! It still plays what it plays. Judge an arranger on this feature ALONE. Plenty of VSTi players, WS's, groove boxes, etc. out there, but an arranger is an ARRANGER. You judge them on the strength or weakness of the accompaniment system.

You honestly think this compares to a TOTL closed arranger?

#279097 - 01/21/10 05:35 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Magica Alfa Offline

Thanks Diki for your report. Ok i'm not so good as you are. Ok years of playing and profi work is your brilian part but i want to see your opinion about that:

One more demo here

I hope you will enJOY.

#279098 - 01/22/10 01:53 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
Ok i'm not so good as you are. Ok years of playing and profi work is your brilian part but i want to see your opinion about that:

[b]One more demo here

[/B]

You missed the point. It doesn't MATTER whether I play well or not. It doesn't matter whether YOU play well or not. It only matters if the MS plays well or not

BTW, that link led me to a dead link.

Did you go to the Tyros styles page?

#279099 - 01/24/10 03:11 AM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And before I get the 'Diki hates the MS' auto-fill retorts ....

Hey you won't get it from me on a thread that aims to discuss use of styles on the MS. It is open to anyone to state an opinion. I only objected when you tried to divert a thread that wasn't at all about styles on the MS. I thought I had made that clear on that thread, but now I am guessing it wasn't.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-24-2010).]

#279100 - 01/24/10 07:22 PM Re: Girl from Lionstracs MS
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Diki, have you even considered the technical aspects to what you have just heard.

It's a Yamaha style that was "untouched" playing back using what was also probably the Tyros 2 Giga Library, and on an OPEN keyboard. Does that not count for anything in your book ?

If it can sound like that with no effort at all and with the sounds of another keyboard, then can you not see how easy it would be to jump way pass a closed keyboard if a premium VSTi was the sound engine ?

I know we have flogged this subject to death, but you have to see the reasoning here.

James

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online