SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#278646 - 01/02/10 09:53 PM Re: USB memory that doesn't protrude
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
I am afraid I will bump the USB mem stick and break something on the keyboard. I wonder if they make one that hinges or is angled 90 degrees, so that the body points downward.

SemiLiveMusic,

A simple way is but a male to female USB lead, a short one and then the only thing that will get knocked will be the plug in the USB socket you can stick to female end to the KB with blue tack and have the stick anywhere you like.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#278647 - 01/03/10 01:37 AM Re: USB memory that doesn't protrude
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
James,

This looks like the best solution if you are concerned about damaging not only the usb drive but the keyboard usb input.

I have had the S900 for over three years and the S910 for three months without problem, but I am very watchful as people with Alzheimer's approach my keyboard, often putting a hand out in front to make sure they don't bump into my pen drive.

My main concern with my pen drive is losing it and being able to get it on and off my key chain easily.

Beakybird

#278648 - 01/03/10 02:11 PM Re: USB memory that doesn't protrude
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OTOH, perhaps you could make some noise and get the manufacturers to do what Roland has done with the GW-8... have a dedicated recessed and covered bay that the stick goes in and gets covered up.

Mind you, those Nano Flash drives look pretty damn convenient, too.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-03-2010).]

#278649 - 01/13/10 06:06 AM Re: USB memory that doesn't protrude
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
James,

That is tiny. It appears so small that you could leave it plugged in and it would not project beyond the keyboard's protective ledge. It would be like adding a hard drive to the keyboard without all the associated problems. I'm going order a pair of them tomorrow.

Thanks,

Gary

I ordered one, I received it in yesterday's mail. It's great, this drive does not protrude from the keyboard at all. Great find!

#278650 - 01/13/10 06:23 AM Re: USB memory that doesn't protrude
leezone Offline

Audya should come standard with one of these tiny USB drives. To make up for the fact that they designed its location in the worst spot possible

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online