SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#277991 - 12/23/09 06:50 PM What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello everyone:

Thank you for your help on the music I got requested to have for NYE.

I am going to the NAMM 2010 in January, I am going with my friend Tapas, and looking forward to meet Franky, and I wonder what other SZ members are going?.
I hope I can meet some more colleagues. We will be there from Thursday till Sunday in the afternoon. Let me know and perhaps we can meet there somewhere.

------------------
mdorantes

#277992 - 12/24/09 01:21 PM Re: What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Always go to the Summer NAMM and get to the winter one every three years or so. Am looking at some correctrive surgery on my left hand, so it's up in the air. I'll find you guys if I go.

Russ

#277993 - 12/24/09 01:56 PM Re: What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I go every year but don't know what days I'm going yet. I usually only go on Sunday........I can't take the crowds and more! It used to be a show just for dealers and to place orders. Now it's become more friends of friends and the manufacturers really don't even attempt to write orders as much as in the old days. I've been to 40 shows in my years owning my store and I'd rather not even go anymore. I used to love to go to the Solton booth and the Generalmusic booth but now GEM is gone and Ketron.......who knows.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#277994 - 12/24/09 03:59 PM Re: What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
A manufacturer invited me to discuss some issues regarding ethnic styles.
I remember when the Summer NAMM show was held in Chicago in the 80s, I went to every single one and couple times to the Winter show in California.
Looking to meet some SZ members.
Merry Christmas.

Manuel

------------------
mdorantes

#277995 - 12/25/09 08:51 AM Re: What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I got a personal invite from Roland Corp. to attend winter NAMM '10 but I'm still debating on whether to go or not. I guess having bought so much Roland gear in the last few years that Roland considers me an asset. Oh btw, it's a 'free' pass no less.

PS: If I knew for certain Roland's new totl G70 successor would be unveiled at winter NAMM I'd probably go for sure. But as George has pointed out NAMM has become a veritable Zoo anymore. Plus it's a lot easier to "view" NAMM details from the web and in the warmth of your own home needless to say too. We'll see..

Oh.. by the way, "Merry Christmas" again to everybody on the Zone! And a happy and prosperous "New Year" to one and all as well.

All the best,
Mike

#277996 - 12/26/09 11:02 AM Re: What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I just received my current edition of The Music Trades magazine and there is a list of all the exhibitors for the 2010 NAMM show. Ketron (CMC Distributors) is not listed. If this is incorrect maybe Ted or AJ will be able to let us know.
(Retired 2021)

#277997 - 12/26/09 03:30 PM Re: What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I checked on the NAMM website and unfortunately Ketron won't be at the winter NAMM show since they are NOT on the Exhibitors list.

Roland will be located in the centralized Arena area having secured the second largest floor space of any of the exhibitors with Yamaha having the largest.

It will be an interesting NAMM nonetheless, and if Roland indeed comes through with a G70 successor it will certainly ignite new excitement within the arranger community. Ketron already has the Audya, with probably no replacement in sight for at least a couple more years and dare I say Yammie is probably two more years away from a Tyros3 successor too no doubt. Okay, so that leaves us with Korg but since they just released the Pa2XPRO not too long ago we probably won't see much in the way of new high-end arranger products from them for a couple more years as well. So basically it looks like around the 'end' of 2011 that we'll start to see some major high-end activity finally filtering in such as a Tyros??4, Pa3XPRO, Audya II??, etc.

That again leaves us with just Roland with an outside chance of them releasing their G70 successor at winter NAMM '10. But with the global economy bogged down for the last year and a half we may not see the new Roland until perhaps summer NAMM '10 or winter NAMM '11, which would truly be unfortunate.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best I suppose.. or get on our knees and pray for a miracle. Either way, I'm looking forward to all the buzz NAMM generates.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-26-2009).]

#277998 - 12/27/09 12:01 AM Re: What SZ members are going to the NAMM?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I just received my current edition of The Music Trades magazine and there is a list of all the exhibitors for the 2010 NAMM show. Ketron (CMC Distributors) is not listed. If this is incorrect maybe Ted or AJ will be able to let us know.

George,

I am not familiar with NAMM , in a nut shell what does this mean, will anyone from Ketron be there. Is everybody sick to the back teeth with it all.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-27-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online