SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#277671 - 12/15/09 08:12 PM Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegEdxC31z4

This was created and played on a technics kn7000 and videoed for You Tube ...

you can check out the S-Z technics page: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/005122.html

t.

#277672 - 12/16/09 02:59 AM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Tony-

I've never even seen let alone touched a Technics kb. Not familiar at all with them. How was that recorded? Did the performer produce all of that in one shot-live, or was part of it sequenced?

It sounded pretty good, but you seemed very impressed with it. Can you elaborate why?

Thanks-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#277673 - 12/16/09 04:24 AM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am not speaking for Tony, but presume part of it is the fact that you can make slide presentations in the KB to go along with the music. Those are screenshots. The KN7000 has video out for the audience.

#277674 - 12/16/09 06:33 AM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
tony mads usa Offline

Bernie ... you are correct ... I am impressed with the fact that this can be done on an arranger, and then shown to an audience on a monitor of some sort ... not having knowledge of other boards, I do not know if they can do the same thing ...

Bill ... I do not know the technique that is used for this - Lord knows I have never tried it ...
From what I do know, the illustrations were D/L to the kn7000, the text was added and combined with music in the sequencer ...
I am just impressed with the production and the sound of the instrument ...
If you are interested, you might get more info through the link to the technics forum ...
t.

#277675 - 12/16/09 06:47 AM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
Bernie9 Online   content

I have tried it on my KN7000. IMHO it rather quirky in that you have to size your photos exactly to the dimensions called for. I suppose anyone who does much of this has made a template of sorts.

#277676 - 12/16/09 07:34 AM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Beautiful music. I had a chance to check out a KN6500 a couple weeks ago, and it's just a shame they no longer produce keyboards.
DonM

#277677 - 12/16/09 02:10 PM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Beautiful music. I had a chance to check out a KN6500 a couple weeks ago, and it's just a shame they no longer produce keyboards.
DonM

I am right with you on that, Don - ... I think technics was always ahead of the curve with their boards ...
t.

#277678 - 12/16/09 05:31 PM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I have tried it on my KN7000. IMHO it rather quirky in that you have to size your photos exactly to the dimensions called for. I suppose anyone who does much of this has made a template of sorts.

Bernie,
I sequenced the song, “How can you stop the music playing” about 6 years ago. If I remember correctly all the photos had to be 660 pix then placed in a file. As you step-timed through the sequence you were able to select a photo and place it in a measure in the sequence.

In the sequence I placed pictures from the Grand Canyon, they seem to go with the music. Towards the end of the sequence there were pictures of my Wife at the Canyon, I told that she was to be come famous internationally. (smile) I wanted to do the same type of project for a country club I was working. The pictures would show on their TV screen while I was playing. The pictures were to be all about their country club. The downside; The time and effort involved was far beyond the benefit.

I am still curious about how the bass was recorded – It is not coming from a style. I wish to believe that is was good talent that put the sequence together but it sounds to tailored. I guess it does not make a big difference who and how it was sequenced because it sounds good – but it is always nice to know for comparison.

My last thought – The Kn7000 had great sounds for that type of music, very much a take-off from the organ days.

John C.

#277679 - 12/18/09 12:32 PM Re: Want to talk about what can be done on a kb?
Bernie9 Online   content

It is the best machine I have for seniors music. I will never part with it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online