SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#277516 - 12/12/09 12:11 PM did anybody tried phonic powered mixers
RAY044 Offline

#277517 - 12/12/09 01:47 PM Re: did anybody tried phonic powered mixers
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I worked in a music store that had Phonic. My opinion was that they were an overpriced off brand.

I would check out Behringer and Alesis. IMHO

#277518 - 12/12/09 01:56 PM Re: did anybody tried phonic powered mixers
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I saw many returns on this products when I was living in Mexico( some of my friends own a music store and tried this brand, nothing but headaches), no parts to fix it in the continent, and is not your most reliable brand.

I think Behringer is a MUCH "better" option.

------------------
mdorantes

#277519 - 12/12/09 02:54 PM Re: did anybody tried phonic powered mixers
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Junque

Junk

In need of an eleven-foot pole, because I wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten foot pole!

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#277520 - 12/16/09 04:31 AM Re: did anybody tried phonic powered mixers
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Currently using a Phonic Powerpod (7xx, earlier version of http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~id~518.asp with a much simpler effects processor). It's OK. I've fixed one input channel whilst also replacing one of the small amplifier control switches which had been damaged as a result of misuse. The channel had been repaired(?) by someone using a flamethrower rather than a soldering iron, I just cleaned up the soldering and bridged a PCB track damaged by excessive heat.

Internally neat enough. The mixer section is limited, but it's not noticable noisy. The amplifiers sound OK if not hugely loud but for our purposes it's fine - we still get asked to turn down! The graphics work fine, may be a bit limited but are certainly better than having no graphics at all.

IMHO the newer small Phonic unpowered mixers look extremely similar to Behringher products to the extent that it would not be a shock to find that one is manufacturing for the other.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online