SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#277173 - 12/03/09 09:21 PM Christmas songs - joy!
zuki Offline

It sure is tough to get through these wonderful, meaningful songs during this time. My heart is on my sleeve and sometimes it is all I can do get through a performance. A few more weeks and I'll be OK.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#277174 - 12/03/09 09:48 PM Re: Christmas songs - joy!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I like Christmas, in spite of having been orphaned at three years old, and then losing the people who adopted me when I was 15 as the result of a car accident on Christmas Eve.

I don't let anything have the power to make me feel awful, at least not for very long.

I love playing Christmas music, because I only get to play it once a year, and I always try different arrangements, and different (and newly acquired styles) for the same old tunes.

It can be a sad time of the year for some people, as they reflect on the people who were part of past Christmases and aren't here anymore, but, for me, it is a time to reflect on the blessings I have had come my way in the past year, and my gift of being able to play.

You'll do fine Jim. Just give your gift, and enjoy the great reactions.

Ian

#277175 - 12/04/09 02:32 AM Re: Christmas songs - joy!
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
No child should have a start like that Ian - so sad, but it does show that, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

We would all do well to count our blessings far more often and such a positive and mature outlook on life is a blessing in itself.

Enjoy your Christmas music - I always do.
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online