SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#276974 - 11/30/09 08:23 PM Question on Tyros 3
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
I currently own a KN7000. As you all know it is getting up there in age. In the future I will be looking for another arranger. I have been observing all of the Demos on the Tyros 3. I noticed that all of the players are constantly hitting buttons on the keyboard. If you use the sequencer on the Tyros can you put these button changes in and have them change automatic as you can with the KN7000?

#276975 - 12/01/09 12:27 AM Re: Question on Tyros 3
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I suspect that the buttons (Left side,next to the modulation wheel),I guess you are talking about are the "new" S.A.2 (Super Articulation2 controls), those buttons, depending when you press them, (only works with the S.A.2 Sounds), gives you the glissando's, fall, glide, etc..depending what sound you have, is different for the Harmonica and Bag Pipes, or the premium optional S.A.2 sounds like the Trombone and the new Pan Flutes.

When you record a song(Midi files) it does record those controls, just like the sustain pedal, pitch wheel, modulation, expression, etc.
I am not familiar with the KN7000, but, you are right, is getting there....
One thing I must tell you, as a Tyros3 user, you do not have to press those S.A.2 buttons all the time, you can achieve some of those features if you play an Octave C4-C5 LEGATO, kind of holding the lower key while you press the high note, this works for the all the Clarinets and Saxes SA2.
I Hope it answers your question.

------------------
mdorantes

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online