SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#276923 - 12/01/09 09:15 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
That's "Duke of URL" . I think Diki came up with that one. (You need to listen to more Motown ).

chas

Yep, you're right, and it was Diki's phrase...I said "King of URL" out of respect for the departed.

Naaah...you don't believe that for a minute.

Where's Motown? Is it named after a guy named Mo?

Ian

#276924 - 12/01/09 11:42 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I suggested to Nigel...he should wait till Easter..

Easter which year, 2010 or 2011, anyway someone said this Xmas, the Lord forgive, too much to contend with Audya OS4 and the two boys back all for Xmas.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276925 - 12/01/09 12:21 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I'm not very close to either guy, so my thoughts are fairly selfish in terms of what I honestly think is best for the SZ...

In a perfect world, yes...both guys come back and don't repeat the behavior that got them tossed...but we already tried that and it didn't work in DP's case, did it?

I know Donny has been tossed more than once, I think 3 times total. Twice for posing as someone he wasn't with an alias, and whatever it was this last time. How many times is enough? Three? Four? Ten? I don't question his knowledge or experience. Not at all, he's got lots of both. That's not what got him suspended. It was his conduct. At least twice, its generally safe to assume he'd assured Nigel he'd be cool and there wouldn't be any more problems. At least twice, he's not held up his end of the bargain.

Sorry, I say he should be done for good. Its a shame because he was a great resource, but his attitude, his negativity and his conduct/past transgressions have IMO, brought us to this place, where its probably best for the SZ that he not return.

I'm sure there will be those who disagree with me. That's fine...We're talking about a certain vibe missing from the boards, well, the vibe DP usually brought wasn't that hot, IMO.

Also, this isn't personal...Sure, I tried to get both guys to take a different path on some stuff, but what good did it do? Donny's friends know how to communicate with him. There's other arranger boards he can participate in. I'm looking at a strictly what's best, in my mind for the SZ.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#276926 - 12/01/09 01:09 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Not including Donny in my post was intentional, but certainly not intended to be a snubb.

Diki and I are sort of "joined at the hip" when it comes to music preferences, time in the studio, etc., while Donny and I are almost complete opposites when it comes to everything musical. I'm sure that I have never contributed anything of great interest to him, and it's the same on my end.

We just see things differently. That being said, he's passionate about what he believes and I wish him all the best.

It will be good to see him active here again.

Russ Lay

#276927 - 12/01/09 02:05 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I think Diki and Donny should be permanently banned..

Then our post can be more along the lines "of a walk down memory lane"...

At least with the slow demise (temporary) of SZ..I have been getting some work done around the house (bathroom, post and railings, kitchen etc)...Come to think of it...Hurry back..I am tired of this work thing..

#276928 - 12/01/09 02:07 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Fran Carango Offline

Second thought..Keep the ban in tact...Diki and Donny really bug me ..most of the time.. ...I can put up with Donny...but that Diki..he is impossible...most of the time..

#276929 - 12/01/09 08:22 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Fran, your toungue-in-cheek humor is more like foot-in-mouth. Stop the baiting already.

Bill, how can you advocate permanent removal of Donny? His opinions are well known and he rarely does any real harm. It's a well-known fact the he and Diki are like magnets - they are attracted to each other in some ways, but in others they are complete opposites and repel (repulse) each other.

The SZ sure has been boring, though. I'm not interested in the Audya either. I've noticed there's been a rash of Korgs for sale on eBay which leads me to believe they are not the ultimate keyboard many thought them to be, and it's very quiet here too. And although there are many Yammys and Rolands for sale too, there are always a lot of them out there. There's really not much going on. We couldn't even keep up the eJam for more than a couple months - few SZers are showing any interest in anything. The market is frigid, so I guess so goes SZ.

Back to D&D - even with the sniping, I still enjoyed the lively conversation and information. I felt comfortable having them around.

SZ used to be like a second home page for me; I'd check in a dozen times a day. Now I'm checking in once or twice, if at all. I'm still interested, but there's just nothing interesting going on.

#276930 - 12/01/09 09:03 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
I can put up with Donny...but that Diki..he is impossible...most of the time..

Donny...did Fran sell you his SynthZone membership?

#276931 - 12/01/09 09:03 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Fran Carango Offline

"Fran, your toungue-in-cheek humor is more like foot-in-mouth. Stop the baiting already."

I have banned myself....

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 12-01-2009).]

#276932 - 12/01/09 11:12 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Second thought..Keep the ban in tact...Diki and Donny really bug me ..most of the time.. ...I can put up with Donny...but that Diki..he is impossible...most of the time..

Fran,

This isn't the real World as we know it, it a bit of fun, I only paid £4000.00 for the Audya and I have learned my lesson I won't do it again, you guys have taught me a lot on SZ, it's not up to us it's the Admin he knows the score for both of them, you know Hilts went back in the cooler about 10 times in the great escape.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online