SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#276893 - 11/30/09 04:46 AM Anybody got the music for.........
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
....a funeral dirge? Seems appropriate for how dead everything is around here. Looks like those handful of members that can't tolerate even an ounce of dissension around here finally got their wish. Dull, boring, uninspired drivel that's guaranteed to drive away all but the most seriously addicted.

The problem with 'driving off' or 'restricting' some of our most interesting, knowledgeable, and articulate members, is that, despite their sometimes quirky personalities, we lose the 'soul' of Synthzone; the essence of what makes SZ one of the most addictive forums on the net.

Since we don't live in a perfect world, why do we expect components like this to be perfect? SZ has often been described as a 'dysfunctional family', but in truth, aren't those kind the most fun? And couldn't most families be described that way? What would a family reunion be without weird uncle Al? Maybe it's time to stop trying to make Synthzone into a Sunday school picnic and allow adult discussion and conversation to take place. If an occasional 'dust up' happens, so what? Nigel knows how to keep it from going too far. But it's those that scream and yell at the first sign of anything perceived as 'unpleasant' but who themselves offer nothing of substance to sustain interest in the forum, that are actually doing more to contribute to SZ's demise than any so-called 'controversial' members.

The reason for this rant; I'm bored. Not with my life, but with the current state of Synthzone. Frankly, there haven't been many postings lately that have inspired a lot of responses (probably including this one). I say, let's get back to an environment that allows good adult discussion and where polite dissent isn't automatically construed as a 'dust up'. Bring back the 'warriors'. I'd rather die with a sword in my hand than from boredom.

As usual, JMO.

Peace (but not too much of it).

chas

#276894 - 11/30/09 05:30 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yes, Chas, it is slower here than Mother's Day in an orphanage.

I miss my buddies, and I hope they return soon.

Ian (a former orphan)

#276895 - 11/30/09 05:42 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, Chas, it is slower here than Mother's Day in an orphanage.

I miss my buddies, and I hope they return soon.

Ian (a former orphan)

Ian, believe me, I was going to adopt you but you're just too bloody lazy (a fact you've stated over and over again). So you're calling Chas "daddy" now?

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#276896 - 11/30/09 06:07 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Ian, believe me, I was going to adopt you but you're just too bloody lazy (a fact you've stated over and over again). So you're calling Chas "daddy" now?

Taike

Yes, Taike, I freely admit I am very lazy, and will strive to do less and less each passing day...I don't even blink my eyes as often as I used to.

I'm still up for adoption...been orphaned twice, actually, but I surely will not call Chas a "daddy", although it would be preferential to calling him a "mother".

He can be be my uncle, as my weird uncle Al finally passed away from "lazyitus" (it runs in the family)...we didn't realize he was dead for some time...

Chas has all kinds of toys, and a Nord C1...he'd be a great uncle for any of us.

And, on a more serious note, I really do miss the delinquents...I really hope they come back soon.

Nigelectomies can be painful.

#276897 - 11/30/09 06:39 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Taike Offline

Quote:
Yes, Taike, I freely admit I am very lazy, and will strive to do less and less each passing day...I don't even blink my eyes as often as I used to.

I'm still up for adoption...been orphaned twice, actually, but I surely will not call Chas a "daddy", although it would be preferential to calling him a "mother".

He can be be my uncle, as my weird uncle Al finally passed away from "lazyitus" (it runs in the family)...we didn't realize he was dead for some time...

Chas has all kinds of toys, and a Nord C1...he'd be a great uncle for any of us.

And, on a more serious note, I really do miss the delinquents...I really hope they come back soon.

Nigelectomies can be painful.

\

Funny as usual, Ian.

Hey, actually you're well on your way to outliving the busy bees:
http://www.wallachonline.com/athletes.htm

Taike

#276898 - 11/30/09 06:57 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
cgiles Offline

Quote:
...he'd be a great uncle for any of us.

Only problem is.....in order for me to be an 'uncle' to most of you, I'd have to be at least 115 yr. old .

chas

#276899 - 11/30/09 07:08 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Only problem is.....in order for me to be an 'uncle' to most of you, I'd have to be at least 115 yr. old .

chas

Nah, Chas. I have a 6-year old uncle in my class. And Ian makes himself look older in order to get senior discounts. At home he still wears diapers.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#276900 - 11/30/09 08:39 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We are all up on facebook now. You can insult or praise, lie, cheat, steal without censorship
You can even post your music there as I have about 6 songs there now.
check it out. Great place to get acquainted with long lost friends and get even with relatives
Bebop
PS: There is also a chat room there so you can get your enemy cornered and insult that until they log off
Bb

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-30-2009).]

#276901 - 11/30/09 11:00 AM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
We are all up on facebook now. You can insult or praise, lie, cheat, steal without censorship

PS: There is also a chat room there so you can get your enemy cornered and insult that until they log off
Bb

NO. NO. NO. This is not the kind of model that I'm suggesting for Synthzone, although I'm not surprised that someone would read it that way. I must be writing in a foreign language and just don't realize it.

chas

#276902 - 11/30/09 12:36 PM Re: Anybody got the music for.........
skude Offline

Hi guys, yes it is a little slow.
Lets hope Tony (the Audya man) will be on with somthing new about the Audya, than the heat is on. and a 6 pages tread going.
skude

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online