SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 37 of 42 < 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276453 - 01/02/10 10:58 PM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Stupid computer seems to do what I tell it, even when I'm wrong.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 01-02-2010).]

Don,

Thanks for the double entry it's helping me get to my 10 page target. You have been lucky Don with your Audya, people in the UK have returned their Audyas and got their money back, I can hang on in the hope they get it right, believe me there are still latent problems even in your KB, they have just not surfaced, if Diki is right and there are hardware faults then that is a problem finding the link, I still think it is all firmware problems and that's why it's taking so long, this is their last chance. Don, it's no use just having a few happy customers you need 1000s. for the Audya to take off, I don't think they will do it, it's all down to them now, Audya was their idea not mine or yours.

Ketron are either part of the solution or part of the problem, it can only work one way for survival!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276454 - 01/03/10 03:53 AM Re: Where is OS4
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Thanks for the double entry it's helping me get to my 10 page target.

Ahhhh, so thats the goal, to reach 10 pages on this tread ??
If we remove messages from me and you it's probably back to 3 pages....

Anyway Tony, it still remain to see if your Audya will 'rise from the dead' by the softwareupdate
or if you have to get some hardware parts replaced.

Good Luck and Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276455 - 01/03/10 12:21 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Ketron doesn't even have a booth at NAMM, according to George Kaye.

Yes, that's correct, they won't be there.
Many people won't be at the show, but they will still make use of the fact it's on by sending out press releases on the same day to the likes of Harmony Central and everyone else.

#276456 - 01/03/10 01:41 PM Re: Where is OS4
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I still think you and Don should get together and troubleshoot this yourselves. At least rule out hardware differences between your units... If they have identical components, you've ruled out that possibility.

Waiting for Ketron to do it for you (especially as you are not pressuring them with a warranty claim) might not work. If people aren't trying to get their money back, why would Ketron admit that the problem might be hardware related, if it will cost them a bundle to repair all those units with the fault? It's all well and good to rely on a company's honesty, but when fixing problems might put the company in serious financial straights, delay, obfuscate and deny are the usual responses, these days...

Trusting that an OS fix is going to solve the problem when there are things you could be doing yourself to find the issue is a bit optimistic. But I must say, I am still shocked that you don't at least play the Audya while you wait for what Ketron comes up with. It's obvious that Don has worked out a workflow that DOESN'T crash the unit, why not simply adopt his workflow until Ketron makes it possible to go back to yours?

#276457 - 01/03/10 09:47 PM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Yes, that's correct, they won't be there.
Many people won't be at the show

James,

What’s the reason for this, it's not just Ketron is this the World recession

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276458 - 01/03/10 09:58 PM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I still think you and Don should get together and troubleshoot this yourselves. At least rule out hardware differences between your units... If they have identical components, you've ruled out that possibility.

Waiting for Ketron to do it for you (especially as you are not pressuring them with a warranty claim) might not work. If people aren't trying to get their money back, why would Ketron admit that the problem might be hardware related, if it will cost them a bundle to repair all those units with the fault? It's all well and good to rely on a company's honesty, but when fixing problems might put the company in serious financial straights, delay, obfuscate and deny are the usual responses, these days...

Trusting that an OS fix is going to solve the problem when there are things you could be doing yourself to find the issue is a bit optimistic. But I must say, I am still shocked that you don't at least play the Audya while you wait for what Ketron comes up with. It's obvious that Don has worked out a workflow that DOESN'T crash the unit, why not simply adopt his workflow until Ketron makes it possible to go back to yours?

Diki,

I agree with you we should just send them all back, all the people who have problems, but you will be going through the dealer and he will need to hand back his mark up and when money comes into it gets tough, the dealer will want to tell you to wait and see what the next OS brings. I have come to understand that this is what the KB World is all about, we are been used to develop KB for manufactures, I don't think this happens anywhere else, tells you a lot of what they think of the end users, musicians, just interested in what comes out of the KB, which sound the best, best styles, live drums and all that tosh, if it don’t work properly when you turn it on it don’t matter to them, it sounds bloody good when it’s working, they think we are daft and I think they are right. Well I am!

Regards

#276459 - 01/04/10 03:35 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James,

What’s the reason for this, it's not just Ketron is this the World recession

Tony

Hi Tony.

Times have changed very quickly. Printed media is even in serious trouble now and it's going to get a lot worse this year. Amazon sold more digital books than actual books this Christmas and printed media is set for even bigger trouble this year with the Apple iTable on the way in March / April.

In the past a company needed advertisement in keyboard mags and the exposure trade shows gave them in order to connect to their customers. Eveyone has been scaling down though and many have pulled out entirely. With the Internet and other digital means like Pod Casts, YouTube and so on, it's now far more effective (and WAY cheaper) to communicate with your customers online rather than trying to get to talk to the lucky few that can make it to a trade show and what a dieing keyboard mag (aka printed media) decides to publish.

Have a quick read of this for example. Native Instruments pulls out of NAMM, AES, and Musikmesse.
http://www.loopinsight.com/2009/07/07/native-instruments-pulls-out-of-namm-aes-musikmesse/

Regards
James

#276460 - 01/04/10 03:52 AM Re: Where is OS4
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm sorry, but NOT making a warranty claim out of some misguided loyalty to a dealer is insane..! He makes a handsome profit selling you your Audya, and you don't think he should have to share in the pain of an underdeveloped product sold as fully working?

I am QUITE sure that if I were in your position (of not even wanting to play it in its' current state because it crashes all the time), I would have LONG ago returned it to the dealer, and when he tells me 'an OS fix is going to fix it' I'll tell him he can sell me another one when it DOES work to my satisfaction.

The dealer can quite easily return the unit as a warranty claim and get HIS money back... Your warranty is with the manufacturer, NOT the dealer. And if he handles enough warranty claims, you can be SURE he will light a far more effective rocket under Ketron, by telling them he won't order any more until it IS fixed.

If THAT don't make them fix it, it can't be fixed...

Get your money back IN FULL. You have better warranty protection in the UK than we get over here. What is it, one year? You are inside that. Get your money back, move on, revisit the purchase again once Ketron fixes everything (or brings out an Audya2 ).

Why should YOU take a loss on it? It NEVER worked. And now a lot more people know about the issues. Best of luck getting anywhere NEAR what you payed for it on the used market, now the facts are out there...

If this were a dishwasher, you'd have taken it back LONG ago.

#276461 - 01/04/10 08:18 AM Re: Where is OS4
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
To be honest, I don't think my usual dealer or other dealers here would let me have a keyboard who's not working
as supposed for any long.
It's not only the factory, it's also the dealers reputation who might be damaged and bad by let customers suffer.

I agree in Diki's words regaring to try sort out if i.e. a mirror of Dom's HD would make Tony's Audya work in the
same (stable?) way, or if he manage to trigger the same faults even if replaced all data.
If so, you surely should look for hardware failure.

Too long time without any action and agreements about how to solve or in worst case reverse the deal is not any
good for the case I guess?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276462 - 01/04/10 09:50 AM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm sorry, but NOT making a warranty claim out of some misguided loyalty to a dealer is insane..! He makes a handsome profit selling you your Audya, and you don't think he should have to share in the pain of an underdeveloped product sold as fully working?

I am QUITE sure that if I were in your position (of not even wanting to play it in its' current state because it crashes all the time), I would have LONG ago returned it to the dealer, and when he tells me 'an OS fix is going to fix it' I'll tell him he can sell me another one when it DOES work to my satisfaction.

The dealer can quite easily return the unit as a warranty claim and get HIS money back... Your warranty is with the manufacturer, NOT the dealer. And if he handles enough warranty claims, you can be SURE he will light a far more effective rocket under Ketron, by telling them he won't order any more until it IS fixed.

If THAT don't make them fix it, it can't be fixed...

Get your money back IN FULL. You have better warranty protection in the UK than we get over here. What is it, one year? You are inside that. Get your money back, move on, revisit the purchase again once Ketron fixes everything (or brings out an Audya2 ).

Why should YOU take a loss on it? It NEVER worked. And now a lot more people know about the issues. Best of luck getting anywhere NEAR what you payed for it on the used market, now the facts are out there...

If this were a dishwasher, you'd have taken it back LONG ago.

Diki,

Look you are right I can't argue with you, but Jonny is right also I have waited too long now and this would not be good if it ever can to court. I have waited because I had the PA2x to play and that’s my fault. If it was a dishwasher I wouldn't have two, one to fall back on so a faulty dishwasher would have gone straight back, that wasn't a good parallel to pick, in fact nothing is a good parallel to a second KB. I am going to have to bite the bullet and wait for OS4. I have however just dropped my dealer an email saying I want my money back, I will keep you all posted what happens.

Tony

Page 37 of 42 < 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online