SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 33 of 42 < 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276413 - 12/13/09 11:11 AM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Come on guys, Audya is clearly a work in progress, and I'm sure at some date we will be thanking the guys that put thier money on the line and buy one which enabes Ketron to develop the R&D necessary to get it right. whether it be Audya original or Audya 2, who cares, I've got time to wait and see the outcomes, no one is forcing you to spend the money if you don't want too.

Remember the outcomes of some fantastic developments are deffinately going to influence Kork Yamaha and Roland with respect to what they put up next as a competitor. So I see this as a win win situation for all

Robbo,

You are talking to people who have already bought Audya that's not finished I am not certain it was ever started, and BTW I don't want shares in Ketron thats what you are suggesting I've got, am I paying for the developement of a product, so Ketron can start thanking Tony, and Don, Skude, and 2 others who now have shares in Ketron, I can't remember seeing any share certificates in the box when I unpacked the KB, neither was there a backup disk, or a proper manual.

Cheers Robbo
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276414 - 12/13/09 11:19 AM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Count down or not, is'nt it better if it takes a couple of weeks (monthe/years) more rather
than release it too soon and still not where it should be when it first came to the shop?
Give them time to get it right this time.
But, will that happen before we see Audya II, or will it happen at all? Who knows, maybe
Santa Claus does.......

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

You are OK you can sit and watch all this unfold, if it goes bad you don't need to buy an Audya, if it turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread you can go for it, do you think I have share in Ketron, I think I have now from what Robbo says, I have invested, I am just waiting for the return on my capital. What do you think AJ was doing when he said 5 to go and then 4 and now he's forgot 3 and 2 tomorrows 1, perhaps all Audyas go into self-destruct Monday! People will hear a few bangs that's all and that will be the end of it.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276415 - 12/13/09 12:32 PM Re: Where is OS4
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
..... neither was there a backup disk, or a proper manual.

You are OK you can sit and watch all this unfold, if it goes bad you don't need to buy an Audya, if it turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread you can go for it.......

Honesty Tony, did you really think there would be any of the supplies you mention? Backup disk and
proper manual? To the very very low price you have to pay for Audya, I would not even think it was
delivered in a box nor supplied with power cable.

Yes, I can sit back and wait and see, and still have my money in the bank, but as you know, I sold
the SD1 while wait for the wondermachine, and after all the delays I thought it could be wise to
just hold on a little, first because of the price who is way beyond any other top arrangers in this
country, but also because I suspected that whatever reason to all the delays was not fully solved.
But believe me,
I'm still not scared away, I'm just waiting 'till I feel Audya is worth the price level they put it
into, or at least until we don't have to pay twice as much as the rest of you arrangerplayers around
the world.

Anyway, I agree that start countdown without any more info could have been undone, as you say, we
don't know if it's days, weeks or years to countdown.
But as all fairytales, it will end up good, someday .........

In the meantime, you still have your PA2X Pro, and I have my G-70, so I guess we'll manage to play
some X-Mas songs while Ketron engineers have to stay at work to get your Audya fixed.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276416 - 12/13/09 12:54 PM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

In the meantime, you still have your PA2X Pro, and I have my G-70, so I guess we'll manage to play
some X-Mas songs while Ketron engineers have to stay at work to get your Audya fixed.

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

Don't think they will be working Exmas even if I am paying their wages.

Tony

#276417 - 12/13/09 03:17 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Holy smokes, guys! I've been away for a week, and it's still the same old tune about the Audya.

I hope you guys get some satisfaction soon.

Ian

#276418 - 12/13/09 08:28 PM Re: Where is OS4
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm getting satisfaction for four hours every night. It's a great machine, and will only get greater when the new OS is released.
By the way Tony, I finally figured out the "problem" of the screen displaying the style name but showing the wrong folder.
When you create a registration, it copies the style, song, text, or whatever into a separate file. So the display shows the name of the style that is stored in the registration, and also the last style folder you accessed BEFORE calling up the registration.
This system enables you to load an external style, song or text file into a registration and once it is loaded you no longer need to have the external media attached, as everything is stored in the registration memory. Evidently internal files are handled the say way. In fact, everything is "external" to the Audya as everything is called up from the hard drive. The registration is a true memory file, not just a set of directions. At least that is the way it appears to me. Maybe AJ can elaborate.
A by-product of this system is that the "family" from where the style might have originated is not shown, but rather the last style folder accessed.
Hope this makes sense.
DonM

#276419 - 12/13/09 10:39 PM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I'm getting satisfaction for four hours every night. It's a great machine, and will only get greater when the new OS is released.
By the way Tony, I finally figured out the "problem" of the screen displaying the style name but showing the wrong folder.
When you create a registration, it copies the style, song, text, or whatever into a separate file. So the display shows the name of the style that is stored in the registration, and also the last style folder you accessed BEFORE calling up the registration.
This system enables you to load an external style, song or text file into a registration and once it is loaded you no longer need to have the external media attached, as everything is stored in the registration memory. Evidently internal files are handled the say way. In fact, everything is "external" to the Audya as everything is called up from the hard drive. The registration is a true memory file, not just a set of directions. At least that is the way it appears to me. Maybe AJ can elaborate.
A by-product of this system is that the "family" from where the style might have originated is not shown, but rather the last style folder accessed.
Hope this makes sense.
DonM

Hi Don,

You are right about the folder and the mismatch, I knew a while back that it happened only when you save a registration, but I never got to the bottom of it, it’s still is confusing, it’s a bit like editing a voice if you just press edit you will not edit the voice you have open it will be the last one before that, I have always said a lot of Audya problems are people programming that don't use the KB, this happens a lot outside the KB market, any man/machine interface. Don is today the day according to AJ, sounds a bit biblical. Today is Day 5 if it is days, when the World comes to an end for Ketron, or is it just another fairy tale like Christmas, there is one thing for sure Jonny will not be having an Audya in his Christmas stocking? Don, AJ gone silent, in the UK we say he is like the sparrow that s***s and fly’s away, or some who farts in the lift, blames it one someone else when someone gets in. AJ might be right it may well be today and the factory haven’t got clue what’s going on. I don’t think they could release another pile of tosh they need to get it right this time or they will look like baboons.
My Audya still stood on it end, hope the oil doesn’t run out.

Tony

#276420 - 12/13/09 10:48 PM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

James,

Where are you, are you going to Italy for your Christmas holidays this year, got a trip booked around the factory, lucky is your middle name, please come back good buddy and read us all a nice fairy tale about the Audya, please,please, please James, we will be quiet, we promise. Tell us AJ got it right and it’s today!

Tony

#276421 - 12/13/09 10:56 PM Re: Where is OS4
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I suppose AJ is enjoying the weekend away from work. I'm sure we will hear from him soon.
DonM

#276422 - 12/14/09 07:05 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James,

Where are you, are you going to Italy for your Christmas holidays this year, got a trip booked around the factory, lucky is your middle name, please come back good buddy and read us all a nice fairy tale about the Audya, please,please, please James, we will be quiet, we promise. Tell us AJ got it right and it’s today!

Tony

Still here watching and reading everything.

I'm just not posting so much on this OS4.0 thing because I get why they are trying to delay the release at this point. They simply want to push the date out as far as they can so they can pin the release on the back of the NAMM show as News which is the 14th of next month.

Free advertisement that helps turn things around in their eyes maybe since the world will be focused on the event.

Regards
James

Page 33 of 42 < 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online