Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 42 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276183 - 11/22/09 03:57 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
to the genesys

Are you freaking serious ?

According to you all arranger keybaord players don't want a keyboard with a sequencer, a sampler or any means to progarm your own styles. In addition to that comes the side effects of no such features. Which are no ability to load third party styles or sound libraries.

What utter ridiculous nonsense. You are seriously well out of the game mate if that's what you believe the arranger market is looking for.

Basically a kids keyboard offers you exactly what you want. All those evil advanced features taken away from you

What a joke. …!!!!! Your a hopeless case.

James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-22-2009).]

#276184 - 11/22/09 04:18 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
to the genesys

James.

I'm afraid he is, James, and I'm also even more afraid you're right.

Genny has clearly designated himself the "Assumption Fairy"....you know, something like the "Tooth Fairy" - leave a couple of easy to understand comments on a thread, and whoopie, an assumption from the "fairy" suddenly appears.

Too bad he wasn't the "Corvette Fairy"...

But, I still think he's a nice guy...very enthusiastic.

Ian

#276185 - 11/22/09 04:37 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
to the genesys

According to you all arranger keybaord players don't want a keyboard with a sequencer, a sampler or any means to progarm your own styles. In addition to that comes the side effects of no such features. Which are no ability to load third party styles or sound libraries.

What utter ridiculous nonsense. You are seriously well out of the game mate if that's what you believe the arranger market is looking for.

Basically a kids keyboard offers you exactly what you want. All those evil advanced features taken away from you

James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-22-2009).]

It is not me who thinks arranger players do not want those features it is Ian.
If you read the post you would have figured that out.

I think that all arrangers as basic features should have what the Korg Pa2x pro has.
But when I say that, you hear the comments that arranger players can not create styles, they don’t use samplers and a sequencer should only be on a DAW.
If you have a problem with that take it up with Ian. After all, he says that his clients don’t create styles and don’t use samplers.

#276186 - 11/22/09 04:54 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
No, I do not agree that the Audya has style editing...is there style assembly...part swapping? No one has clearly confirmed this.

It is still a work in progress, because it is not what the makers intended it to be yet.

Speak for yourself please...we are all capable of voicing our own views...your opinions are just as uninformed at this stage.

Is the manual available for us to look at in PDF? That should answer some questions.

Would you buy an Audya in it's present state, Genny? You are avoiding the question, because I don't think you'd buy a "work in progress" either.

If after reading the post from Don and you can not see that the Audya has style editing then it shows that you are just arguing for arguing sake.
If you continue along this path, you will quickly loose what little credibility you have on SZ.
You talk about a “work in progress” but can provide no factual basis for that statement.
You have never seen nor played the Audya in person, you have never heard from a Ketron rep that the Audya is a work in progress so where are you getting this concept of a work in progress?

Are you assuming?

And would I get an Audya in its present state? I answered that in another post. Do you not read the posts?

#276187 - 11/22/09 04:54 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
It is not me who thinks arranger players do not want those features it is Ian.

There ya go, making assumptions again.

I teach people how to use Style Creator on my clinics....it is a very popular part of my follow-up program.

I stress to prospective buyers the usefulness of having such a feature on board the arranger.

Do you think, perhaps this is one of the reasons why we sell so many Yamaha arrangers in this region?

The average arranger player uses about 50% of the instrument...read the forums...but, with a little help, they can be well on their way to customizing the instrument for their own needs.

Questions about the Style Creator, and the on-board sequencer are the most frequent ones I get...the rest of the instrument is pretty well easy to use.

Ian

#276188 - 11/22/09 05:05 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
There ya go, making assumptions again.

I teach people how to use Style Creator on my clinics....it is a very popular part of my follow-up program.

I stress to prospective buyers the usefulness of having such a feature on board the arranger.

Do you think, perhaps this is one of the reasons why we sell so many Yamaha arrangers in this region?

The average arranger player uses about 50% of the instrument...read the forums...but, with a little help, they can be well on their way to customizing the instrument for their own needs.

Questions about the Style Creator, and the on-board sequencer are the most frequent ones I get...the rest of the instrument is pretty well easy to use.

Ian

Yes we know that people using a Yamaha could assemble styles by editing an existing styles (swapping parts, and so on).
So I was not talking about style editing, I and others are talking about style creation.
Nor was I assuming.
You have said that your clients do not create styles from scratch and that is what we are talking about.
If you have said that Yamaha users can and do create styles from scratch then I apologize.

#276189 - 11/22/09 05:06 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

I think this thread is starting to giving me nose bleed here.
I can't keep up. Who's who, and who is that person talking on behalf of now ? Feck, what were we talking about again, I forgot

#276190 - 11/22/09 05:07 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

No wonder persons here on SZ do not take you seriously other than a Yamaha fan boy.

And, if I wanted to use an arranger the same way a Yamaha user uses an arranger, and I wanted an Audya then yes I would get an Audya. And according to you, it would not stifle my creativity.

But it would not be based on the misinformation being spread by you and others here on SZ but I would ask actual users who use the Audya for gigging and in the studio. And, with any keyboard I get, I would make sure I have a good relationship with the dealer.

Thank you for answering my question...it was a bit hard to find your answer mixed in as it was with all the assumptions.

I'm not so worried about the people on SZ that don't take me seriously, but I am very concerned about the welfare of anyone who takes you seriously.

The biggest source of mis-information, so far, has been you, my friend...James and I are only discussing the things we know about the the Audya...you are busy being the "Assumption Fairy" and just making things more confused.

Any chance of getting a Corvette?

#276191 - 11/22/09 05:14 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I think this thread is starting to giving me nose bleed here.
I can't keep up. Who's who, and who is that person talking on behalf of now ? Feck, what were we talking about again, I forgot

Me too, James...I'm going to bow out of this mess...it's not worth the effort, even if we try to make light of it.

I suppose you're not getting an Audya soon?

Ian

#276192 - 11/22/09 05:29 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Ok... another attempt.

The question that was asked by to the genesys was.......

Quote:
Other than the bugs, can anyone articulate how is the Audya a work in progress?

My answer to that is in two parts.

Part 1:
With ever OS update released so far the majority of the features that have been added only cover basic core functions of the keyboard which should have been included since day one. Meaning that the keyboard was always and still is far from being a complete system that one could consider version 1.0

Part 2:
It's still missing entire major systems that define an arranger for what it is. Starting with the main core feature or an arranger, the keyboard does not have the ability to allow the user to create styles or modify factory styles.

It does not have a Sequencer at all.

It's sampler doesn't even merit acknowledgement because it's so crude and obsolete. No means of sampling, no standard tools of a sampler or even a single format supported that could contain mulstisamples.

The sound engine is as crude and as basic as you can get.

Many software bugs, entire system crashes, hardware faults.

I'll leave it at that because I've just hit on all the core features of any keyboard. Sounds, Sampler, Styles, Sequencer, operating system and hardware.

So there you go.... a work in progress.

James

Page 10 of 42 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online