Topic Options
#276263 - 11/24/09 06:15 PM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes he were...emphasis on the were.

AJ be the new Guru.

Didn't you get an Audya yet, Lee? Sheeesh...I thought for sure you were under the Guru's spell and Sikh of that old out of date Korg PA2X-Con....

Aj is a programmer, salesman, gentlemen and one & only Ketron guru!

oops almost forgot DAN01, which you'll find on X1 and SD1 video manuals for $29.95.....

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-24-2009).]

#276264 - 11/24/09 06:28 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
oops almost forgot DAN01, which you'll find on X1 and SD1 video manuals for $29.95.

And who we find on Synth Zone for free!

#276265 - 11/24/09 06:45 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Robbo.

Quote:
I have divested myself of the Korgs, because of the failing led fiasco in the PA2X, and the early boards that were not right, I do thank Music Link Australia for fixing the issues in the end, but Korg should have had a recall to begin with,

Fiasco ?

The problem was limited to a ““““very small””” number of keyboards produced back when the Pa2X was launched and KORG have taken care of anyone effected by replacing 2 LED boards free of charge.

I'd hardly call that a fiasco, more like a blip that KORG took care of.

Quote:
and also the Oasys which they are not developing further, I know they just released more sounds,

230 free sounds released today for free, you can't crib about that. Sure it's not the continued development we all want, but hey, I'll take what I get and moan as much as possible to get more

Quote:
the one thing that we all wanted was a sequencer that worked,

What do you mean by that ? There is not one single known bug in the OASYS.

The OASYS Sequencer functions flawlessly as does every OASYS system. Sure it didn't get the Sequencer update we all asked for, but for what it does have it all functions flawlessly.

Quote:
I mean it looks as though keyboard manufacturers are followibg the lead of software manufacturers, by releasing unstable systems and product in the hope that by some major miricle they will have all the bugs sorted before the disenchantment becomes more of a problem.

Sorry but I don't see that at all. OK, Ketron have for their first time ever totally taken the piss by releasing a keyboard far from being finished, but every other manufacture has their house well in order. Even ketron have a perfect track record up until the Audya and if they learn from all this, then we will never seem them doing anything as stupid ever again.

Regards
James

#276266 - 11/24/09 06:47 PM Re: Where is OS4
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Sounds like the LED display was a real problem for Korg PA2XPro.. Wow. Sorry to read this.

I have two PA800s and they both have a very long funky yellow streak on the inside of the screen. At first, my older board (non warranty) developed this, so I took my NEW board out and after 3 months, it did the very same thing Also have some other deficiencies that are bothersome, so the Korg is definitely not without its problems.

- My lowest Ab went out and then decided to start working again. Talk about a chord recognition nightmare.
- The button +/- advancement for the toggle no longer works.
- Two variation buttons sometimes stay lit together (even though the advanced one is what works)
- My 3rd variation doesn't work all the time.

But I love the board so much, I can overlook or fix.....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#276267 - 11/24/09 07:04 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

The OASYS Sequencer functions flawlessly as does every OASYS system. Sure it didn't get the Sequencer update we all asked for, but for what it does have it all functions flawlessly.

James, myself and a buddy can get a mint OASYS very cheap (estate sale) and it would be good to know what update was wanted...and, what do you feel the sequencer needed.

We've recently only been buying and selling Yamaha (we can get the parts easily if needed) but, we feel we might make an exception for the Korg, as I have a buyer/collector already in mind who will scoop it up very quickly.

The OASYS seems to a pretty decent unit, from what I've been hearing from you, and others...what was missing on the sequencer, and will it be an issue for someone that wants to use it in place of a sequencer that is PC based?

Ian

#276268 - 11/24/09 07:07 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Aj is a programmer, salesman, gentlemen and one & only Ketron guru!

AJ is not a programmer and has not coded a single line of code on the Audya.

Salesman... Sure.

Gentlemen.... Totally, and the patience of a saint.

Guru, yes but I suspect Ketron have nothing at all to do with that either. The guys is just a natural because back when the Audya was being released there was a lot of disinformation coming out of Ketron which AJ himself made the mistake in quoting (anyone remember the 12:1 lossless compression talk). In a way I pity the guy having to deal with that but hey.... he clealy loves the challange. The state Ketron are in right now, they would be lost without him

Respect mate.

James

#276269 - 11/24/09 07:17 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
I have two PA800s and they both have a very long funky yellow streak on the inside of the screen. At first, my older board (non warranty) developed this, so I took my NEW board out and after 3 months, it did the very same thing

Zuki ... he said LED not LCD. There's a huge difference.

Your problem is something silly like you have the contrast too high or the temperature in the room has changed. All LCD displays regardless of make or model will have a higher contrast when they are cold, and a lower contrast when they are warmed up from use or hot from the room they are used in.

It's totally normal. Hell they all even look different from what angle you look at them.

Your other issues are probably smoothing silly also. That's why KORG Forums exists. If you have a problem, share it with others and it gets sorted. KORG even respond to anything that requires their attention.

Regards
James

#276270 - 11/24/09 07:18 PM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
AJ is not a programmer and has not coded a single line of code on the Audya.

Salesman... Sure.

Gentlemen.... Totally, and the patience of a saint.

Guru, yes but I suspect Ketron have nothing at all to do with that either. The guys is just a natural because back when the Audya was being released there was a lot of disinformation coming out of Ketron which AJ himself made the mistake in quoting (anyone remember the 12:1 lossless compression talk). In a way I pity the guy having to deal with that but hey.... he clealy loves the challange. The state Ketron are in right now, they would be lost without him

Respect mate.

James

Sorry mate, but you seem to think that ketron only makes the Audya. He's been involved with Ketron long before the audya.

#276271 - 11/24/09 07:36 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Hi Ian.

Quote:
James, myself and a buddy can get a mint OASYS very cheap (estate sale) and it would be good to know what update was wanted...and, what do you feel the sequencer needed.

The wish lists are posted on KORG Forums but sort of spread out, so basically the the OASYS Sequencer has everything you need to write a song right now in full, heck it even has a full blown 16 Audio Tracks recorder that run along side the 16 Midi Tracks. So it's fully functional and then some. No other keyboard sequencer I know of can do much of what the OASYS can.

The things people wanted where based on the history of KORG more so than the OASYS itself. Its more about how things haven't changed much in how things function rather than all the new features that were added.

People wanted stuff like Piano Roll editing and so on in addition to the way KORG take are of all these requirements in the first place.

So it's more about total interrogation of the systems in addition to a few DAW like features that people wanted. Either way the Sequencer is fully functional as it stands.

I mentioned in this tread about how it works with KORG, they really do listen and if you ask for the impossible, chances are you will get it from them. In this case we didn't get everything we wanted but we did pretty good on other systems.

I know the function of a company is to make a profit, but I will tell you straight out that KORG are the only company I know of that give you the impression that they lock the accounts in the back room. You only need to look at their You Tube video's and hanging out with them to know that they are the same as us. Musicians.

Regards
James.

#276272 - 11/24/09 07:47 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Sorry mate, but you seem to think that ketron only makes the Audya. He's been involved with Ketron long before the audya.

Hi MC.

How did you jump to the conclusion that you believe I only think Ketron make one keyboard ?

I don't even understand what your point is as the problems I'm referring surrounding AJ's 12:1 only surfaced when the Audya was announced by Ketron.

I have the memory of an elephant, and this is the second time I will say this. The problems surrounding the Audya have nothing to do with AJ. It's all ketron's fault.

Be it miss information, or the lack of systems included with the keyboard upon it's launch. None of this has anything to do with AJ.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-24-2009).]

Page 18 of 42 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online