SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 42 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276143 - 11/22/09 05:50 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

"Also, I really don't think the Gem Genesys has anywhere near the power of a Korg arranger...maybe the older ones, but most certainly it's not in the same league as the PA-800/PA-2XPro."
And how do you know?
I have seen the Korg PA1x pro and the Genesys rivals that Korg.
Now I have never seen a Pa 2x or 800 so I don’t know where it stacks up, but from some Korg users, they tell me that they would not upgrade to a Pa2x pro from their PA1x pro … they don’t see such a big difference.

#276144 - 11/22/09 06:10 AM Re: Where is OS4
skude Offline

I have not had any "lock ups" /freezings) during live playing. Had a few when I did all that buttonpushings editing my styles and made my regs. As long as I give my Audya a 2 steps startup it works ok. Start #1 no sound from Count In, Start #2 everything's OK. Hope they made a good ON/OFF switch.
skude

#276145 - 11/22/09 06:14 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Ian wrote: “From the feedback I see on this forum about the Audya, both by owners, and their contacts, I would not be able to recommend an Audya to a potential arranger buyer.”

So my “assumption” as you call it was correct.

Actually, Ketron has been very responsive to the bug reports on the Audya more so than any other arranger (they are up to OS 4).
So I don’t think there is a question of Ketron taking action.

You did however in your rant hit on a very important point.
Talking about the problems of a product should be done in an “open and constructive way.”

Which is far from what is happening with Ketron.
Just look at the first post in this thread.
To say a keyboard freezes does not tell any one any thing.
I am sure if I went to Yamaha and said my XS freezes, but don’t give them the steps as to what was I doing before it froze, they would tell me they need more information.

So yes I do believe the problems of a product should be talked about but in a mature and constructive way not just childish rants.

I also “value integrity,” and if a Yamaha fan boy and clinician is giving any opinion about another brand of an arranger that he or she admits to never playing (the new Korgs Ketrons and Gems arrangers), “would jeopardize the good word of any user or rep in my eyes.”

And no I have not considered politics. O is that really your first profession?

#276146 - 11/22/09 06:44 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

I also “value integrity,” and if a Yamaha fan boy and clinician is giving any opinion about another brand of an arranger that he or she admits to never playing (the new Korgs Ketrons and Gems arrangers), “would jeopardize the good word of any user or rep in my eyes.”

And no I have not considered politics. O is that really your first profession?

Hey, I have to rely on the integrity of the users of Korg products to give me their honest opinions, when it's impossible for me to try them....and so far, I trust what they tell me, and I like what I hear posted on SZ...plus, there are also on-line demos.

After reading your posts, you really should consider politics...and no, it wasn't my last profession (nor my next)...I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a job like that, but you, on the other hand, seem to have all the qualifications...go for it, Sunshine.

I really didn't know that GEM was still making keyboards...honestly! They aren't the pinnacle of popularity in my neck of the woods...scarcer than a Yeti.

Maybe you could post a few demos that show it's alleged equality to Korg's arrangers?

If not, you can always resort back to making empty claims.

Or, maybe someone else with a Genesys can substantiate your words.

Your move.

Ian

#276147 - 11/22/09 06:46 AM Re: Where is OS4
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
I have not had any "lock ups" /freezings) during live playing. Had a few when I did all that buttonpushings editing my styles and made my regs. As long as I give my Audya a 2 steps startup it works ok. Start #1 no sound from Count In, Start #2 everything's OK. Hope they made a good ON/OFF switch.

Great to see another happy(?) Audya user.
But, is'nt buttonpushing a part of the way it's ment to be used? Myself I often
push buttons, not only when do the editing and setup, everything depends of what
situation needs during the playing.
Have to shut down and start the second time to make it work as supposed(?), that
don't only cause the power button to get hard times, it affects the entire system
as well as you as customer know it should not be like that.
Btw, was it a spare on/off switch in the box when opened it?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276148 - 11/22/09 07:01 AM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
skude

Do you mean giving it a couple seconds processing one button push before moving on to the next?

#276149 - 11/22/09 07:09 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Hey, I have to rely on the integrity of the users of Korg products to give me their honest opinions, when it's impossible for me to try them....and so far, I trust what they tell me, and I like what I hear posted on SZ...plus, there are also on-line demos.

After reading your posts, you really should consider politics...and no, it wasn't my last profession (nor my next)...I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a job like that, but you, on the other hand, seem to have all the qualifications...go for it, Sunshine.

I really didn't know that GEM was still making keyboards...honestly! They aren't the pinnacle of popularity in my neck of the woods...scarcer than a Yeti.

Maybe you could post a few demos that show it's alleged equality to Korg's arrangers?

If not, you can always resort back to making empty claims.

Or, maybe someone else with a Genesys can substantiate your words.

Your move.

Ian

No. Gem is no longer making arranger keyboards.
To my knowledge, the Genesys S and its variants was the last TOTL arranger they made. It was done around the time of the PA 1x pro.
Since you depend on online demos and reviews about an arranger an not your own personal experience and then recommend or not recommend an arranger, I am sure you can do the same for the Genesys.

So no politician for you. I guess you like being a lobbyist?
You do well at it.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 11-22-2009).]

#276150 - 11/22/09 07:21 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
No. Gem is no longer making arranger keyboards.
Since you depend on online demos and reviews about an arranger I am sure you can do the same for the Genesys.

So they've given up...I was wondering why we didn't hear much about them recently.

Didn't they make a really cool Electronic piano...the ProMega?

I saw some demos of that product and it seemed to be cutting edge technology, or at the very least, extremely user friendly...plus, it sounded astonishing.

Did the Genesys use any of that technology?

And, at least the Genesys went out in style, being a fully functioning arranger/workstation, unlike the Audya, which seems to be a work in progress.

If you are a bit reticent about posting your stuff on SZ, you can always send it to me via email....I'd like to hear it.

Ian the Lobbyist

#276151 - 11/22/09 07:26 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Audya a work in progress?
Other than the bugs, can anyone articulate how is the Audya a work in progress?

#276152 - 11/22/09 07:46 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Conversly, how is Audya a finished product?

Think of it, the upgrades(?) are in single digits...OS1, OS2 OS3...etc.

Most products with OS upgrades are incremental...OS1, OS1.1, OS1.12...etc.

What makes you think it is finished?

Finished means..."brought to the desired final state."

Is the Audya in it's "final state"?

I hope not.

Ian

Page 6 of 42 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online