SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276133 - 11/21/09 08:39 PM Re: Where is OS4
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
[B] It's too bad, because the Audya sounds pretty darn good...not quite as good as a Tyros2 or Tyros3, or even a PSR-S910, but it knocks spots off the current Korg arrangers.

You must be the one 4. High on something

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#276134 - 11/21/09 09:01 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
You must be the one 4. High on something

Just high on life, my friend, that's all.

If you noticed the following post on the same thread in which I said...

"Of course, GJ, my post was mainly tongue in cheek, although some bits about the Audya have an unfortunately familiar ring to them."

Don't be so insecure, Jim...Korg arrangers have a sound of their own, and a sound that obviously appeals very much to you.

The Korg arrangers I have heard, unfortunately only on-line, sounded pretty good to me...not as good as my S910, which is why I bought the darn thing, but a very nice sound nevertheless.

Perhaps if I could get to actually play a Korg arranger, I might even add one to my kit...the demo of the PA-500 that FransN put up, was simply awesome.

How's the back doing?

Ian

#276135 - 11/22/09 03:51 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

One thing I notice about this discussion is that people are making the wrong assumptions that the Audya’s OS is not finished.

I don’t hear any one say that it does not function as an arranger.
In fact, you have people say that they use it on a gig.

It has bugs that must be addressed and fixed.
They are constantly upgrading the OS.

Ketron was one of or if not the first to include audio loops in a style in an arranger (I don’t think Akai was doing that).

And, the persons complaining about the Audya missing features are those who are accustom to Korg (which is not in the same level as an Audya, T3 or G70).

Korg arrangers are more for players who want to be creative. Ketron, Yamaha and Roland are more for those who want to turn on the keyboard an play without adjusting it to their liking, and with out any creative input from them.

Now if people are wondering why more Audya owners are not bad mouthing the Audya, it is that they don’t want the company to go under and then they are left with no company to upgrade the product or make any more arrangers.

Kind of like the negative effect Roland arranger.com had on Roland arrangers to where it looks like that may have pushed Roland out of the arranger game.

Owners of any product would and should always look to the future and protect your investment.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 11-22-2009).]

#276136 - 11/22/09 04:17 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

Ketron, Yamaha and Roland are more for those who want to turn on the keyboard an play without adjusting it to their liking, with out any creative input from them.

Since you, quite obviously, play a Gem Genesys, you must not forget to include your keyboard in with the ones by Ketron, Roland and Yamaha.

Korg make a great synth based arranger, but it does not guarantee that the player will be creative...in fact, no instrument can promise that happening, although one with deeper synthesis editing might help, although we could say that about any other arranger feature, like style editing, something all but the very basic instruments seem to possess.

It has been my understanding, from reading the Korg forums, that very few users are delving very far into the synth features of the Korg...at least no further than those by Ketron, Yamaha, and Roland, but probably a lot further than those using a Genesys.

Most forum members seem to rely on the more skillful programmers on these sites to come up with interesting and/or usable sounds and samples.

As a matter of fact, Genny, I don't know anyone else on this forum using a Genesys, so it seems that you are a bit of a Yeti yourself...but a nice one.

Ian

#276137 - 11/22/09 04:32 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Since you, quite obviously, play a Gem Genesys, you must not forget to include your keyboard in with the ones by Ketron, Roland and Yamaha.

Korg make a great synth based arranger, but it does not guarantee that the player will be creative...in fact, no instrument can promise that happening, although one with deeper synthesis editing might help, although we could say that about any other arranger feature, like style editing, something all but the very basic instruments seem to possess.

It has been my understanding, from reading the Korg forums, that very few users are delving very far into the synth features of the Korg...at least no further than those by Ketron, Yamaha, and Roland, but probably a lot further than those using a Genesys.

Most forum members seem to rely on the more skillful programmers on these sites to come up with interesting and/or usable sounds and samples.

As a matter of fact, Genny, I don't know anyone else on this forum using a Genesys, so it seems that you are a bit of a Yeti yourself...but a nice one.

Ian

I am sure you will find the Korg users would begg to differ with you regarding sound editing on arrangers. That is one of the gripes they have about the Audya. O and to correct you again, if I were to put the Genesys any where, it would be between a Korg and a Ketron not with Yamaha or Roland.

#276138 - 11/22/09 04:33 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Now if people are wondering why more Audya owners are not bad mouthing the Audya, it is that they don’t want the company to go under and then they are left with no company to upgrade the product or make any more arrangers.

That has got to be the worst assumption ever made on this forum.

Quote:

Kind of like the negative effect Roland arranger.com had on Roland arrangers to where it looks like that may have pushed Roland out of the arranger game.

I think your bald and bare-faced boldness with submitting this obviously erroneous statement, stems from the fact that Diki and Seamaster aren't around to reply...although you might hear from Fran.

Let's just say that this is the 2nd worst assumption ever made on SZ, and leave it at that.

Ian

#276139 - 11/22/09 04:53 AM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
I think your bald and bare-faced boldness with submitting this obviously erroneous statement, stems from the fact that Diki and Seamaster aren't around to reply...although you might hear from Fran.

Let's just say that this is the 2nd worst assumption ever made on SZ, and leave it at that.

Ian

You are funny.
Do you also do comedy as part of your act?

And, if you go to a forum that talks about every thing wrong about a product, would you buy it?

I didn’t think so.

And you probably be very careful about buying any other product from that manufacturer.

#276140 - 11/22/09 04:57 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I am sure you will find the Korg users would begg to differ with you regarding sound editing on arrangers.....if I were to put the Genesys any where, it would be between a Korg and a Ketron not with Yamaha or Roland.

I'm sure the Korg users will agree that the sound editing on their arrangers is one of it's best features, and if I had one, I'd probably agree and be using that feature myself, simply because I've been a synthesist for more years than you've stopped wearing short pants.

I think the the Genesys is, quite probably a nice instrument, and I am glad (more like relieved) you did not group it in with those from Yamaha and Roland, as they are clearly light years ahead.

Also, I really don't think the Gem Genesys has anywhere near the power of a Korg arranger...maybe the older ones, but most certainly it's not in the same league as the PA-800/PA-2XPro.

After the way you so easily spouted those wild assumptions about Audya and Roland, no doubt without any deep consideration of what you were implying, I would be rather skeptical about your opinions on the Genesys instrument...or any other arranger, for that matter.

Ian

#276141 - 11/22/09 05:07 AM Re: Where is OS4
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
One thing I notice about this discussion is that people are making the wrong assumptions that the Audya’s OS is not finished.

If it's finished at the stage we see even when OS3 released, I'll never buy any Audya!
If the OS are build with further developement in mind, it will not be finished, but it
would be released in a stable working mode, wich it's not the fact regarding Audya.

Quote:
I don’t hear any one say that it does not function as an arranger.
In fact, you have people say that they use it on a gig.
It has bugs that must be addressed and fixed. They are constantly upgrading the OS.

Well, did you read all posts about it, and did you listen to some of the demoes where
something very strange happens in the midi/audio mix when play exctended chords and
swap between the style variations?

It sure have bugs as others also have, but some more than you might excpect when buy a
keyboard, specially within this upper pricerange.
Also, don't you think the OS upgrades jumping very fast in stages at 1, 2, 3 etc where
others are more minor bugfixing by OS 1.1, 1.2, and when really major things happens you
see 2.0?

Quote:
And, the persons complaining about the Audya missing features are those who are accustom to Korg (which is not in the same level as an Audya, T3 or G70).
Korg arrangers are more for players who want to be creative. Ketron, Yamaha and Roland are more for those who want to turn on the keyboard an play without adjusting it to their liking, and with out any creative input from them.

Really?

Quote:

Do you really think that's the problem? Nope, most buyers probably direct the negative
input to the dealers because they are not present at SZ or any other fora.
Number of Audya buyers never confirmed, but I don't think there are so many Audya sold
as Korg PA2X or other top line arrangers.

Quote:
Owners of any product would and should always look to the future and protect your investment.

Would you use the same words if you bought a brand new car that acted like we see reported
about Audya?
The "Black Box" in a modern cars are full of electronics, just as in a keyboard, would you
like it if you had to go through crashes, freezes and many OS upgrades like this?
I doubt it, it's only when it is Microsoft and arranger keyboard manyfacturers we tolerate
such things to happen.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#276142 - 11/22/09 05:16 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
And, if you go to a forum that talks about every thing wrong about a product, would you buy it?

I didn’t think so.

You and your assumptions, Genny...you must curtail this need to answer for other people.

If I went to a forum that did not talk about the problems with a product, in an open and constructive way, I wouldn't buy an instrument from that company.

Roland Arranger forum, Yamaha YPKO, and Korg's forum, all discuss, openly, any issues with the instruments...and they are dealt with pronto.

From the feedback I see on this forum about the Audya, both by owners, and their contacts, I would not be able to recommend an Audya to a potential arranger buyer.

I value integrity, and trying to gloss over and/or hide this instrument's glaring omissions and faults, would jeopardize the good word of any user or rep in my eyes.

If you think such practices are a good thing, I would not buy anything from you if you were selling an instrument...nor would I send anyone your way.

And, no, I don't do comedy as part of my act, but have you considered going into politics?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-22-2009).]

Page 5 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online