SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#275791 - 11/22/09 08:27 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
BTW, the Windows 8 projection was based on a 'rumor', albeit on the assumption based on the new Windows Server OS which will most likely be coming out in 2011. Usually, when a new Windows Server edition comes out you can generally assume that a new consumer Windows OS will follow shortly thereafter. When confronted with that question regarding the new Windows Server edition Steven Sinofsky of Microsoft put on his best poker face and dismissed the question all together. Which tells you right there that Windows 8 will possibly be the OS that Windows 7 was suppose to be and on a general time line of around 2011 or early 2012. And which it wouldn't really surprise me at all seeing how Microsoft keeps looking for ever more drastic ways to drain consumers wallets through their micro managed Windows OS revisions. Much like Yamaha does with the PSR and Tyros line too in my humble opinion. Or so it seems anyway. PSR S710 or S910 anyone?? Or is it just me.

BTW, I played the S910 recently and I couldn't believe how cheesy the keys felt. I guess I've gotten spoiled playing the superb keys on my Fantom G7 and therefore I must be extremely sensitive now to "sub-par" key bed action I reckon. At least as far as "cheesiness" goes anyway. I hope the Tyros?? 4 doesn't suffer from such a fate. I wouldn't give it a second glance if Yamaha indeed skimps in that area. The Tyros 3's keys are pretty decent though so I wouldn't expect Yamaha to skimp and degrade the Tyros?? 4 key bed any. We'll see.. around November 2011.. or thereabouts.

All the best,
Mike

#275792 - 11/23/09 01:15 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Don’t expect Windows 8 till at least mid 2012 at the earliest, although the way Windows 7 has gone down, (First time they have never needed a Beta 2 release) there would be no problem if it didn’t come out till 2013 or 2014 as Windows 7 really is a cracker.
I have been working with computers since the early 80s, and can say that Microsoft really has got their act together with Windows 7. (Much like the leap they made with Office 2007)
Regards

Bill

#275793 - 11/23/09 10:11 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi mc .

Look, I run KORG Forums and I can tell you straight out that if there was even a slight problem in a KORG keyboard we would run around with pitch forks and torches setting the forum on fire. It's just how we do it. Don't give them an inch and they will perform pure magic every time.

KORG's systems are many times more advanced than the competition and yet on the release day of a product the entire system will be included and for the most part bug free. They there will always been some sort of issue with a new release but their track record is flawless for quickly fixing all known issues.

Just look at the OASYS for example. It's by far the most complex workstation on the face of the planet and it's OS is flawless. Not one single know bug at this point.

Ketron is a company designed to make a profit. They are not your friend, so kick them in the arse if your not happy. Being nice to them won't get what you want any sooner.

My 2 cents.

James.

I think this answers all our question and James perhaps knows Ketron better than most.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online