Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#275781 - 11/19/09 04:49 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Don.

Quote:
Maybe it would be more fair to say "give AJ a break". He just returned a day ago from Italy, where he was working on 4.0.

AJ is not a programmer, so I'm not sure what you mean by saying he was working on 4.0. It's also nothing personal either so I can't give the guy a break if I didn't get up on his back in the first place.

He simply works for ketron and so the questions are unfortunately directed at him because of it. IF he's jet lagged fair enough, but the current situation has nothing to do with AJ. He didn't create the mess the Audya is in right now.

Quote:
It's not perfect yet, but neither are any of the others.

How much leeway are you going to give Ketron though ? When is enough enough.
They have seriously taken the piss big time on the Audya and 4.0 won't be the end of it either.

Will you just continue to accept it or will there come a point where you have enough ?

Regards
James

#275782 - 11/19/09 05:08 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Irishacts Offline

Hi mc .

Quote:
It’s very easy to bash a keyboard that some have no intention to purchase.

It's even easier to make a mistake and buy a lemon when people keep their mouths shut and pretend that everything is perfect when it's far from it. That's not directed at anyone, I'm just saying it that way to make you see my point and why I still have an opinion even though I don't own an Audya either.

Quote:
I can come up with a list for issues with Roland, Yamaha (my current keyboard) and especially the Korg! I know about 12 people who own the audya and they don’t have the problems that Tony Hughes has, nor are they looking to create problems either.

Look, I run KORG Forums and I can tell you straight out that if there was even a slight problem in a KORG keyboard we would run around with pitch forks and torches setting the forum on fire. It's just how we do it. Don't give them an inch and they will perform pure magic every time.

KORG's systems are many times more advanced than the competition and yet on the release day of a product the entire system will be included and for the most part bug free. They there will always been some sort of issue with a new release but their track record is flawless for quickly fixing all known issues.

Just look at the OASYS for example. It's by far the most complex workstation on the face of the planet and it's OS is flawless. Not one single know bug at this point.

Ketron is a company designed to make a profit. They are not your friend, so kick them in the arse if your not happy. Being nice to them won't get what you want any sooner.

My 2 cents.

James.

#275783 - 11/19/09 05:22 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Irishacts Offline

PS: As a general comment......

I say what I say because I actually care. Ketron do indeed need a serious kick in the rear end. They need to get back to their roots of top level Quality Control we have all grown to expect and respect from them.

They are the producers of the finest musical instruments in the world, but their behaviour and efforts with the Audya have been appalling and never seen before in any of their previous products.

If anyone things I'm ever unreasonable or unfair, please let me know. I am interested in having intelligent debates here, not arguments.

Regards
James

#275784 - 11/19/09 08:39 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I find all these personal, insignificant little vendettas against Ketron hilarious, to say the least.

My friend uses his Ketron for studio work and he is still amazed by it. Ketron proved to be extremely supportive to any and all queries he had. He has nothing but praise for them and the prompt service provided.

Henni

#275785 - 11/19/09 09:34 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Henni:
I find all these personal, insignificant little vendettas against Ketron hilarious, to say the least.

My friend uses his Ketron for studio work and he is still amazed by it. Ketron proved to be extremely supportive to any and all queries he had. He has nothing but praise for them and the prompt service provided.

Henni

Henni,

Have I just missed something in what James just said "insignificant little vendettas" didn't sound like that to me, it was pure down to earth criticism about how Ketron are handling a product that they developed, designed, programmed and then sold to us. All they need to do now is make it work right. I know much more about the performance of the Audya than most of you I have had two and they both have problems, I have just witnessed a KB on OS3.0A that locked up whilst I was watching someone playing it, now to tell a programmer like me that OS3.0A has been loaded on incorrectly my jaw drops. There are problem in software in the Audya that are still there from OS1.0 and that is shameful, if you don’t have an Audya I don’t see how you can comment with and vigor.
From now on you can call me Mary Shelly, see wrote insignificant little novel called Frankenstein, you may perhaps spot the parallel with Frankenstein he didn’t work proper either , the frightening part was he died before he got fixed, couldn’t resist that!
Yours Sincerely Mary Shelly

Go here guys and tell me I am talking SH*T
ccantanapoli last item

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001341.html

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 11-19-2009).]

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#275786 - 11/20/09 01:59 AM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Irishacts Offline

Hi Henni.

Quote:

This is a classic example of where one personal says that the sky is blue, and you hear, the Elephant is pink.

Quote:

Your trying to make a point that's already been said by me and others in this thread.

Didn't I just say that this is exactly the type of quality and service Ketron need to get back to. That's the Ketron we have grown to love and respect, not the quality and service we see with the Audya.

Regards
James

#275787 - 11/22/09 06:45 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Glad I waited on the Audya. I'll wait for Audya II when it comes out in 2011 me thinks. >> It will mysteriously have gone down in price by about a Grand, will not lock up during critical playing times (or at all.. hopefully ), have even 'more' polyphony, and be even lighter, yet still have 76 keys - albeit, on an even "better" action key bed. It will more or less be what the Audya I was meant to be. Just like Windows 8, which will also be coming out in 2011 (or thereabouts), will be all that Windows 7 should have been too. Ah.. what a breath of fresh air. Yep.. 2011, now that's the ticket. We may even see a 76 key Tyros?? 4 in 2011 too. Wouldn't that be mind boggling eh?

Start saving those pennies.. For Audya "II" or Tyros?? 4 that is. OTOH, Vista with SP2 64 bit is actually pretty decent now. I just might spring for Windows 8 though when it comes out in 2011, or thereabouts. I would have sprung for Windows 7 but the reports coming back, and my own experience with RC1, have given me second thoughts. We'll see.. maybe 7 SP1 perhaps. I think Fran said it best: "if it ain't broke why fix it?" Thanks for the reminder Fran. OTOH, Audya "II" here we come! Audya I appears to be just too buggy to even consider getting if you ask me. But what do I know. DonM, on the other hand, seems to have gotten a good one.. so far. Glad yours is still going strong with no problems to speak of Don.

All the best,
Mike

#275788 - 11/22/09 07:16 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Glad I waited on the Audya. I'll wait for Audya II when it comes out in 2011

Then you better watch the 2012 Movie!

#275789 - 11/22/09 07:25 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Then you better watch the 2012 Movie!

1 Billion for a seat on the Ship. Only catch, it's built by Ketron.

#275790 - 11/22/09 07:26 PM Re: Bad News Auyda still locks up
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I think they are going to "fix" the Audya as much as possible, and then it will be dropped.

The next instruments will be based on the Audya, but be smaller, and cheaper and using bits of the latter.

Methinks a manufacturer's flagship model's high price and sales usually helps pay for the R&D, so that they can manufacture less expensive, but just as profitable instruments using the paid for technology.

In Audya's case, it's hard to imagine much profit from the mediocre sales, all due because an instrument was rushed out the door.

My prediction...

The mid-range arrangers from all brands will be the ones to watch for in the next few years...that's because they are no longer the penalty box they were many years ago, and we'll see more solo arranger players using this type instrument, rather than the TOTL which will become more home orientated.

MOTL...that's where Audya will try and recoup....if they are still in business.

I also think that MOTL workstations could very likely take on more arranger features, perhaps becoming the "pro-ish" speakerless versions of MOTL speaker-ed units...Roland seems to be examining that part of the market with the GW-8/Prelude.

I'm hoping for an arranger piano from Yamaha, based on the P-85, but using the S-series' tone generator and accompaniment engine...they could make it around 30 lbs, I'm sure...t'would be a good alternative to Casio's PX, and Korg's PA-588.

Ian

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online