SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#274966 - 11/01/09 04:02 AM Ketron Audya Review now available
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#274967 - 11/01/09 05:38 AM Re: Ketron Audya Review now available
Dnj Offline

Just another biased review.......let real owners write one and see what turns up shall we?

#274968 - 11/01/09 12:12 PM Re: Ketron Audya Review now available
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, we're getting a fair degree of review here...

I can't remember an arranger that had such polarized opinions since the G70, to be honest. Apparently, you either LOVE it, and are willing to put up with the minor (and major ) niggles, wax eloquent about how amazing it sounds (especially for those Latin players) and patiently await the missing features, or you HATE it, it's a piece of tosh, nothing but a complete waste of money, and the bugs are enough to make you give up on it completely...

The truth, as usual, sits probably somewhere in between..!

One recurring theme seems to be people surprised (or at least pantomiming surprise ) at how barebones its' editing capabilities are. But to be frank, if you look at previous Ketron's, you really ought not to expect any of that stuff. It wasn't designed to be a WS, it's probably one of the more focused ARRANGERS out there (doesn't even make an effort to TRY and pander to the WS crowd), and Ketron have LONG positioned themselves in this niche. A LOT of the negative comments really boil down to 'Why isn't it like a Korg, or a Yamaha, or a Roland..?', which of course begs the question 'Why aren't Korg's and Yamaha's and Roland's more like a Ketron..?' (at least at what the Ketron does BEST)

We all tend to miss our favorite features when checking out something completely alien, and probably spend more time obsessing over that than concentrating on what DOES make the Ketron so good (at what it does well). I know I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to this...

But it sure looks like we have another G70 here... something that those that love it can't find anything better, and those that hate it can't understand how anyone could EVER play it!

What IS disappointing, so far, is that those members who DO have one (or had one until it went back to the dealer ) and ARE positive about it have yet to post anything they have played on it. Reviews are OK, and manufacturer demos are OK, but nothing beats hearing how it fares at the hands of our members here, most of whom we kinda know how they play already, and we can hear for ourselves how much it improved their previous sound...

C'mon, guys... let's hear it

#274969 - 11/01/09 12:25 PM Re: Ketron Audya Review now available
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
C'mon, guys... let's hear it

......"Slowly I turned"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online