SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#274885 - 10/31/09 09:48 AM Re: Turning off Speakers on PSR-S900?
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Nice! Thanks for your help guys!

#274886 - 10/31/09 12:25 PM Re: Turning off Speakers on PSR-S900?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Yes, you get a really good recording from the headphone outputs.
DonM

Not sure if that's a dig or not...

Perhaps some low end stuff, especially if you regularly run your output at nearly the max, might have a bit distorted sound, but generally if you aren't cranking it the headphone output ought to be clean enough for a non-critical recording, or to feed a separate monitor.

If you are recording for posterity, sure, the headphone outs got an extra amp stage, and is not QUITE as clean as the line outs, but for the use I suggested, should be clean enough to use. I've done a fair bit with my G70 like this, and had no problems.

The headphone output is often cleaner than you think, usually it's the headphones themselves that break up a bit especially if you have a ton of low end EQ added at the arranger's Mastering controls.

Maybe low end arrangers' headphone outputs suck, but my G70's are clean as a whistle...

#274887 - 10/31/09 03:27 PM Re: Turning off Speakers on PSR-S900?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The E80 has a physical speakers on/off switch on the front right of the keyboard. So simple, so useful - I'm amazed more instruments don't offer it.

#274888 - 10/31/09 03:38 PM Re: Turning off Speakers on PSR-S900?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
The E80 has a physical speakers on/off switch on the front right of the keyboard. So simple, so useful - I'm amazed more instruments don't offer it.

Seamaster, you're starting to sound like Fran...that's scary!

Happy Halloween!

#274889 - 10/31/09 03:45 PM Re: Turning off Speakers on PSR-S900?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:

they do but I'm sure it depends on the price points. Every little feature costs money.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online