SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#273155 - 10/06/09 06:36 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Dnj Offline

Be careful what you ask for ....improving technology at this point will slowly phase out the operator all together...

To avoid that one should make themselves a better player.

#273156 - 10/06/09 06:42 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I would get rid of a 50-year old Stradivarius, Chas. It would be a fake anyway.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#273157 - 10/06/09 07:07 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
I would get rid of a 50-year old Stradivarius, Chas. It would be a fake anyway.

Taike

Oops, you got me .

Now I'm gonna' start worrying about that 2008 Prophet 5 this guy just sold me. Damn.

chas

#273158 - 10/06/09 08:04 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Bachus Offline

There is only one thing that is perfect, and that are moments in time, you should be glad if you have those memmories...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#273159 - 10/06/09 08:21 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Dnj Offline

#273160 - 10/06/09 08:43 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Just asking.

Are they lying?
Are they brainwashed?
Are they biased?
Just asking.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 10-06-2009).]

NO

NO

No

Just really happy with the sound, styles, and ease of use, and the many compliments on the sound I receive, when playing for the audience.

Thanks for asking.

Jerry

#273161 - 10/06/09 09:30 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Topic:
Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released

--------------

NO, because if it was, the factory would get hard times develope and sell new models
to continue gain big profit to the owners.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#273162 - 10/06/09 09:59 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes Yamahas have many outstanding features, but they aren't perfect for sure.
I haven't had one in a year or so, but I can recall several flaws that they refuse to address.
A vocal harmonizer that blips EVERY time you engage it while singing a note (through the same vocal processor that was introduced on the PSR8000),
The worst-sounding rim shot in captivity (on drum kits that have not significantly changed in many generations).
Inability to include a simple usable slow Country Waltz. (You have to use converted ones from other brands, or make your own).
Refusal to include foot switch capabilities except for single pedals (unless you want to buy a very expensive, very large and very heavy MFC-10).
I could go on, but you get the point.
No arranger is close to perfect. There are compromises to be made with all of them. Some of the compromises are more or less important to the individual user, depending on his or her priorities and needs.
DonM

#273163 - 10/06/09 11:41 AM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
"No arranger is close to perfect. There are compromises to be made with all of them. Some of the compromises are more or less important to the individual user, depending on his or her priorities and needs."

Agree 100 %.

Yamaha take a different approach for their arrangers. Is no the same path that Korg, or Roland or Ketron follow. Some users are happy with Yamaha, some others with Korg, etc.
One thing that admire from Yamaha is that when they release a keyboard, usually no many flaws are found. We maybe won't be happy with what they release related to sounds, key bed, etc, but we can't find many bugs.
Yamaha never release an OS update to an existing keyboard, or provide you with new styles for free. For Yamaha, a new OS release mean a new keyboard.
They have an excellent Beta Testing program.
Korg, for example do OS upgrades and usually provide new sounds and styles with each upgrade.
Yamaha and Roland never get in contact with the customers base in forums like this, but in the korgforums.com you see Korg executives browsing and some times posting.

Whith what ever brand you are happy, I am too.

(excuse some bad English expressions, learning the language)

#273164 - 10/06/09 12:02 PM Re: Is a Yamaha arranger really perfect as people say it is when the arranger is released
Happy Birthday CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Hey, not all Yamahas are perfect...

Some of you will remember a couple years back when it took 4 - count them - 4 S900 deliveries until I got one that was right.

I could have given up after the 1st bad one, but I persevered because of my faith in Yamaha quality (knowing this was an abberation, not a normal quality control issue)

PLUS Steve Demming, who is a gem of a guy, walked me through the process of returns and replacements until I was happy...and I was rewarded for my loyalty.

Now, today, I'm the happy owner of a brand new perfectly-operating S910 - no return necessary this time around!

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online