SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 >
Topic Options
#272571 - 10/21/09 10:08 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
I think these are tight out uggly.. The orriginal metalic ones look better (personal opinion)

I actually love that it's 61 keys, and the RED color & all the buttons really looks contemporary and more high tech then the Nord Units.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-21-2009).]

#272572 - 10/21/09 10:41 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I think the red one is as ugly as the inside of a monkey...the black one is distinctive, with emphasis on the "stinct".

Seriously, I hope it sounds good.

#272573 - 10/21/09 10:53 PM Re: Lionstracs new products
Dnj Offline

Well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.....at least it's not blue ;D

#272574 - 10/22/09 04:29 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
AFG Music Offline

the red one is a good design i had asked for this colors when i
purchased the the MS, but it was only possible when a new case was designed,

why red? becouse it is a synth and not only a workstation-anrranger.........

why black? becouse black is natural color it can be use easy with other colors, designers know this

0 styles? no you have styles becouse you can download it for free if you like it.

but i think is better to not remove the styles from preset folder(they most be a example for style creating on qranger editor).

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 10-22-2009).]

#272575 - 10/22/09 07:39 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
James,

then how can LIONTRACS say this is an arranger when it comes with "0" styles ???

oh, ye, YOU "can" put your own in there...
until it comes with some REAL styles, some real kick ass content, i , and many will not consider...

i guess 1+1=3 in this case

Hi leezone.

They didn't say it was and to call it one is to imply that it is a very specific type of keyboard. So try see it as a universal device given the fact that it can do whatever functions you need.

I think your expectations will hold you back from seeing the concept for all it is. You just want it to sound just like the other complete and closed arranger keyboard out of the box. That's fair enough but since it does not come shipped like that, don't just close your mind to the concept because the concept far exceeds the abilities of every arranger and workstation combined.

Remember it can be whatever you want. Lionstracs only focus should be making sure that concept works flawlessly and gives you the tools and flexibility to turn this into your dream machine.

Regards
James

#272576 - 10/22/09 08:15 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
James is right.., the concept behind this Groove box is what's really the key here. I can't even count the number of times I've heard people say they want a keyboard where they have the option of wiping everything out and adding all the things they want.

As James stated the success of this new instrument for Dom will be in the stability of the OS and how well she plays with all the programs out there.

Here's my question though.., given the conversion to US currency (as is out of the box).., which one currently offers more for the price to the buyer.., The NeKo EX-5 or LT Groove..??? The Neko ships with already known and well trusted applications out of the box.

Based on the price conversion provided by James the Neko EX-5 is almost $500 cheaper.

Sqk

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-22-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#272577 - 10/22/09 08:58 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi squeak
The thing to watch out for there though is that Open Labs have stripped the EX-5 of it's real-time controllers. There's only 1 unit left on the front panel and it's by no means a main unit.

As for the included software, other than RIFF and Reaper I still can't help thinking it's a really bad idea to be charging people for software you force upon them http://openlabs.com/nekoex5-software.html

Most people buying into a Neko are already VSTi users and will already have their own library.

Just my 2 cents though.

Regards
James

#272578 - 10/22/09 09:48 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
AFG Music Offline

for O.S stability:

with this new hardware in groove you have a verry stable O.S

the the O.S is
developed special for a dualcore CPU and soon for Quadcore to.

it now a stable O.S and
development is fast.

i think sooen we have a new update for qranger, the 4.3.1 version. and soon you can load SFZ 2 with linuxsampler. and...........more.............

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 10-22-2009).]

#272579 - 10/22/09 10:55 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Once again, the argument divides into those that see all the 'potential' in the product, and those that want that potential realized as 'proof of concept', at least to a certain degree...

Everyone ignored my comments about marketing the thing (funny how everyone likes to take bits and pieces of what I write and ignore the more inconvenient parts!). Let's face it, Neko and Lionstracs are tiny niche products in a MUCH larger market. But that much larger market is still a TINY industry. To be successful, to grow and compete, to assure your customers that you'll be around for years, making improvements to existing models, coming out with new groundbreaking stuff, first you have to SUCCEED. Or you end up like Wersi, who have been in and out of bankruptcy more times than their customers ought to feel comfortable with...

And, as those companies that ARE successful have proved, you don't succeed by putting a model on the store shelf that sounds like ass, and telling your customers 'Oh no... in YOUR hands it'll be the most amazing thing you ever heard!'

Can you IMAGINE the sales of the MoXS without well developed sounds (just give them the raw waveforms, let them make all the patches from scratch) and professionally created arps and loops (everybody that buys it is going to be a star programmer, anyway ).

Look, I 'GET' what Lionstracs are all about... Trouble is, the largest part of their target demographic DOESN'T. And even fewer of those that seem to understand what the Groove is about actually have the skills (no shortage of those that THINK they do, until they actually get one - eh, MS owners? ) to realize its' potential.

The SUCCESSFUL keyboard manufacturers have already figured this one out... if you DON'T provide a lot of high quality content, you are going to sell very few units. Just exactly how many different things is Dom going to make before he wakes up and realizes that PERHAPS they are successful BECAUSE they have this figured out...?

#272580 - 10/22/09 11:58 AM Re: Lionstracs new products
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
James is right.., the concept behind this Groove box is what's really the key here. I can't even count the number of times I've heard people say they want a keyboard where they have the option of wiping everything out and adding all the things they want.

As James stated the success of this new instrument for Dom will be in the stability of the OS and how well she plays with all the programs out there.

Here's my question though.., given the conversion to US currency (as is out of the box).., which one currently offers more for the price to the buyer.., The NeKo EX-5 or LT Groove..??? The Neko ships with already known and well trusted applications out of the box.

Based on the price conversion provided by James the Neko EX-5 is almost $500 cheaper.

Sqk

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-22-2009).]

And also do not forget Stephen Kay has also ported the great Karma software for the Open Labs products as well.

Thats a huge advantage, and its cheaper too!! and running Windows 7 (which is brilliant by the way), awesome.

Not mention the ease with which one can integrate thousands of existing programs and software arrangers. If one were to go down the path of a 61 note open keyboard, the Open Labs have anything Lionstracs can throw at it well covered.

Karma is something Lionstracs can only "dream about and droll over".

So far as fas as I am concerned, all that happened is a change of skin. Still a sheep in wolfs clothing. JMO

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online