SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#272147 - 10/16/09 12:30 PM Re: alternative to BOSE compact
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Yikes! So ALL Bose are the same? All I've been trying to do is get an objective description of the difference in volume between running a Compact and running something (L1 included) that works for larger venues and louder crowds. And the replies I get lump them all in together. You guys love to read between the lines... (or love to post without actually reading the whole thread!)

Oh, and maybe it's the vacation atmosphere down here in Florida, but most of the disgusting behavior I've been subjected to watching in the animal houses has been from 40+ idiots, trying hard to be young and stupid (for what else, if TV is any guide, is of any value in today's America? ) for their botoxed and Nip/Tucked drunk divorcee/girlfriends. Age has got jack to do with it, my friends... class is class

#272148 - 10/16/09 07:41 PM Re: alternative to BOSE compact
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Double Post

[This message has been edited by hellboy44 (edited 10-16-2009).]

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#272149 - 10/16/09 07:42 PM Re: alternative to BOSE compact
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
All I've been trying to do is get an objective description of the difference in volume between running a Compact and running something (L1 included) that works for larger venues and louder crowds. And the replies I get lump them all in together. You guys love to read between the lines... (or love to post without actually reading the whole thread!)

Fair question Diki, but I already HAVE answered it (or began to answer it before I was prematurely and irrationally jumped upon by Hammer) in a previous thread - which maybe you didn't read all of

When you go to the Bose forum, you have many members citing the differences between the L1 Compact and Big Brother L1 Model 1 & 2.

(if you want, I'll do a search and a read and provide you with links)

What I was starting to talk about a few months ago when everyone was just beginning to 'try 'n buy' the Compacts, was the difference in number of Speakers and Volume, and more to the point, the fact that the Sub in the Compact only goes down to around 65 Hz whereas the Sub(s) in the L1 Model 1 & 2 goes down to 40 Hz - which I think is enough, as anything below 40Hz really is almost literally pure rumble 'n noise, not particularly useful - even for Hip Hop (which we play a fair bit of) and at the time I noted that the Compact was fine 'n dandy for the kind of Nursing Home/Easy Listening Venues & material the majority of SynthZoners play, but would struggle in larger venues, with more "full on" Material.

For more than that (The large venues we often play - 200 to 500 ppl plus) the L1 is, IMHO a necessity for that kind of scale, and for more modern (Top 40) material.

I wish I could give you more of a detailed idea of room size that we play, but I wouldn't be able to provide accurate enough measurements and layouts, just guesswork.

Also I have to point out that my opinion of the Compact is also, just guesswork, which probably negates my opinion of the Compact for many people - and hey, maybe it should.....

[This message has been edited by hellboy44 (edited 10-16-2009).]

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#272150 - 10/17/09 03:23 AM Re: alternative to BOSE compact
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm keen to audition the new Roland BA-330. A pair of those would offer the choice of a one-box stereo solution for smaller venues, or a pair linked up for larger ones. And presumably a healthy chunk of change out of Bose prices.

Imagine... http://media2.roland.com/en/v/v0782/v078207M.mov

#272151 - 10/17/09 03:35 AM Re: alternative to BOSE compact
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
A musician friend stopped by my home to hear the Bose Compact yesterday. He had been very unimpressed auditioning the Compact in a local Guitar Center with an iPhone running music thru the compact.

He very suprised what he heard coming out of the compact, which my was connected to my s910. He's sold on it for use in his smaller gigs. He currently uses the the Bose L1 Model 1 for large venues. By the way he was also unimpressed with the L1 Model 1 when he heard it in GC, then he came to one of my gigs and loved what he heard............Just another Bose happy customer. Use whatever makes you happy, but gig after gig my audiences are loving what they hear.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online