SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#273734 - 10/14/09 07:54 AM S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Beakybird Offline

I purchased one of the newest T3 styles, Big Band Train, curious to see if it would sound good in my PSR-S910. I was pretty confident that it would as other T3 styles have sounded great.

When I loaded the style, there was one voice that was missing and wasn't sounding. I made an educated guess that it was a jazz guitar voice for which the T3 has a Mega version and the S910 does not. I assigned the missing voice to Mega! SolidGuitar2, adjusted eq and volume, and the style, assigned the piano voice that defaulted to GM to the Live! GrandPiano - In the end, the style sounds great. A lot of the OTSs are missing, but that's no big deal.

I also found a CVP-409 style that isn't on the T2 or T3, called BaroqueConcerto. It sounds incredible in the S910. Each variation is like a different passage in Bach's Brandenberg Concertos. It really takes advantage of the Mega! Strings, Mega! Trumpet, Live! Harpsichord, and Sweet! Oboe.

The S910 looks identical to the S900, but inside, it's a different animal.

Beakybird

#273735 - 10/14/09 10:04 AM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Beakybird Offline

I later downloaded the T3 Big Band Foxtrot http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/en/instrument/Keyboard/Tyros3/category/Style+Files/product/1145012.

With this one, the missing jazz guitar really needs the jazz guitar. I wish I hadn't downloaded this one, because although the style is great, it took a lot of work changing the mega jazz guitar to the S910 Cool! Jazz guitar. You got to get rid of the mega voice artifacts.

I added appropriate OTS's - 3 were missing. Now I got a great style!

Beakybird

#273736 - 10/14/09 11:07 AM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:

I also found a CVP-409 style that isn't on the T2 or T3, called BaroqueConcerto. It sounds incredible in the S910. Each variation is like a different passage in Bach's Brandenberg Concertos. It really takes advantage of the Mega! Strings, Mega! Trumpet, Live! Harpsichord, and Sweet! Oboe.

Beakybird

I searched to this on the site and couldn't find it. I looked in the style file section for CVP-409 - BaroqueConcerto - but nothing. Any further info you can provide to direct me to this style?

Thanks
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#273737 - 10/14/09 06:51 PM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Dnj Offline

Quote:
The S910 looks identical to the S900, but inside, it's a different animal.
Beakybird

The more I play my S910 the more this statement is SOOOOO true!!

#273738 - 10/14/09 09:16 PM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
it took a lot of work changing the mega jazz guitar to the S910 Cool! Jazz guitar. You got to get rid of the mega voice artifacts.
Beakybird

I didn't know you could do that. I take it the artifacts you are refering to is the ping ping sound on all the megavoices when played on an older model and/or one that doesn't have that particular voice.

How does one go about doing that? Does Jorgen have software for that?

#273739 - 10/14/09 09:52 PM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Beakybird Offline

No Mega in Midi:
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/nomegainmidi/index.htm

This is also an amazing software called OTS editor:
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/otseditor/index.htm

Beakybird

#273740 - 10/14/09 10:57 PM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Larry (Beakybird) et al.

Both "No Mega in Midi" and "OTS Editor" utility programs were written and generously provided for free to the Yamaha user community by Jorgen Sorensen at his website: The Yamaha Unofficial Keyboard Resource Site . A great BIG thanks goes out to Jorgen.

In addition to these programs, there are many other extremely useful Yamaha arranger utility programs written by Jorgen available for d/l there as well. The Yamaha user community remain in debt to him and other talented pc programmers (Michael Bedesem, and others) who write & share their terrific utility software too. One reason I've remained such a loyal Yamaha arranger player for so long is not simply because I like the Yamaha product, but the tremendous USER COMMUNITY support given by FELLOW Yamaha arranger keyboard owners. This said, Jorgen Sorensen of Denmark, is currently on holiday here in the USA and taking in the sites of our Western United States including California and San Francisco, so I'm really looking forward to meeting him here in San Francisco (Sunday, Oct 25th) near the end of his trip. If anyone else's interested in meeting up with us (and other local arranger KBplayer friends) here in SF then as well, email me privately. It's a treat to meet fellow arranger keyboardist enthusiasts from around the world.

Scott

------------------
Scott Yee Entertainment

#273741 - 10/15/09 02:35 AM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
The more I play my S910 the more this statement is SOOOOO true!!

Ditto, she's a mean machine. I'm liking this as much as my Pa2xpro.

#273742 - 10/15/09 05:53 AM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Larry (Beakybird) et al.

Both "No Mega in Midi" and "OTS Editor" utility programs were written and generously provided for free to the Yamaha user community by Jorgen Sorensen at his website: The Yamaha Unofficial Keyboard Resource Site . A great BIG thanks goes out to Jorgen.

In addition to these programs, there are many other extremely useful Yamaha arranger utility programs written by Jorgen available for d/l there as well. The Yamaha user community remain in debt to him and other talented pc programmers (Michael Bedesem, and others) who write & share their terrific utility software too. One reason I've remained such a loyal Yamaha arranger player for so long is not simply because I like the Yamaha product, but the tremendous USER COMMUNITY support given by FELLOW Yamaha arranger keyboard owners. This said, Jorgen Sorensen of Denmark, is currently on holiday here in the USA and taking in the sites of our Western United States including California and San Francisco, so I'm really looking forward to meeting him here in San Francisco (Sunday, Oct 25th) near the end of his trip. If anyone else's interested in meeting up with us (and other local arranger KBplayer friends) here in SF then as well, email me privately. It's a treat to meet fellow arranger keyboardist enthusiasts from around the world.

Scott

Say hello to Jorgen for me. I think that those who use Jorgen and Michael Besdem's [sic] styles should make a contribution to Jorgen's website which features styles by both programmers.

Michael's program, Style Maker is invaluable as an interface to use with Yamaha MegaEnhancer. Jorgen has a similar program called Style Splitter and Splicer, but in all due respect, Michael's program works better in this department.

Jorgen's program, OTS Editor, is incredible! You can save favorite OTS settings as individual files and quickly add these OTS's to styles. This is a great way to add new voice OTS's to older styles.

Beakybird

#273743 - 10/16/09 02:38 PM Re: S910: More on loading styles from other keyboards
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Just a tip. I used to make "Jazz guitar" sounds from a clean sampled stratocaster when I was making MegaVoice Soundfonts. What I did was I rolled off a lot of the highs and high mids, and boosted some of the low mids. When I got it right it was really thick and creamy, maybe not like a fullbodied Jazz guitar, but more like an ES-335 type guitar, but with some reverb and a touch of chorus it sounded passable enough. I also removed a hint of attack, and made it linger a little bit after release. Maybe if you apply some of this to the MegaVoice clean guitar and save it as a user voice it will sound good? I assume you can do this kind of editing on the S910.

Cheers!

Doc-Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online