#272038 - 09/25/09 10:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Great article, Audya will grow into one of best arrangers made,

Thanks Frank,

#272039 - 09/25/09 11:04 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
If you know anyone interested, I have a customer who bought an Audya, that wants to let it go, because of the weight.

He's looking for $4200

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272040 - 09/25/09 11:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Audya history lesson...

Introduction year: 75% right.
Year two: 85% right
Year three: 95% right.
Year four: Discontinued.

#272041 - 09/25/09 12:08 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
If you know anyone interested, I have a customer who bought an Audya, that wants to let it go, because of the weight.

He's looking for $4200

Frank,

Not that heavy it fell off the back of a truck, is it the one with the extra HDD that why it's so heavy.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272042 - 09/25/09 12:09 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
For people like me that really understand how KETRON MIDI Routing, Controlling and else works THIS is very funny:

Worth the wait?
There is no doubt that Ketron are, at present, way ahead of the pack in arranger technology, and it would seem that the Audya has taken the normally blasé and conservative world of arranger keyboardists by storm. Being at the top of the range, it is relatively expensive (current exchange rates aren’t helping matters), but for your outlay you have a rugged keyboard with all the trimmings you expect and a whole lot more you could never think of.

The very flexibility and malleability that can be applied to both MIDI and audio in tandem opens up new vistas for truly musical and creative work. The technology premièred here is sure to trickle down into other instruments in the future, and may prove to be the benchmark for all arranger keyboards in the future. Ketron themselves aren’t resting on their laurels, and are regularly offering free downloads of OS upgrades and new sounds and styles. So, we may have had to wait a long while for the Audya, but it’s been worth it. Ketron have got it triumphantly right.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 09-25-2009).]

#272043 - 09/25/09 12:30 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

Nope not mine, I'm keeping that one.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272044 - 09/25/09 12:42 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Audya history lesson...

Introduction year: 75% right.
Year two: 85% right
Year three: 95% right.
Year four: Discontinued.

Yamaha History Lesson:
Minor update every 2 years, but put in a "new" keyboard with a number higher on the name. If you get anything after introduction it will be a sound or two at exorbitant prices.

#272045 - 09/25/09 12:57 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
For people like me that really understand how KETRON MIDI Routing, Controlling and else works THIS is very funny:

Worth the wait?
There is no doubt that Ketron are, at present, way ahead of the pack in arranger technology, and it would seem that the Audya has taken the normally blasé and conservative world of arranger keyboardists by storm. Being at the top of the range, it is relatively expensive (current exchange rates aren’t helping matters), but for your outlay you have a rugged keyboard with all the trimmings you expect and a whole lot more you could never think of.

The very flexibility and malleability that can be applied to both MIDI and audio in tandem opens up new vistas for truly musical and creative work. The technology premièred here is sure to trickle down into other instruments in the future, and may prove to be the benchmark for all arranger keyboards in the future. Ketron themselves aren’t resting on their laurels, and are regularly offering free downloads of OS upgrades and new sounds and styles. So, we may have had to wait a long while for the Audya, but it’s been worth it. Ketron have got it triumphantly right.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 09-25-2009).]

Nedim,

Tell the author what you think Dave Detheridge
http://forums.ketronmusic.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3

He's a wizzard with words look under Performing Musician Magazine, the pages Frank had he msut have scanned from the magazine

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-25-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272046 - 09/25/09 01:10 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Yamaha History Lesson:
Minor update every 2 years, but put in a "new" keyboard with a number higher on the name. If you get anything after introduction it will be a sound or two at exorbitant prices.

T'aint true, Don...they released three sounds at exorbitant prices.

Seriously, the Audya seems to have a lot of issues...I guess the sound/styles must be worth all the aggravation...not too bad when you're a home player and can wait for fixes, but pure disaster if you're gigging with it and it goes phlooey in the middle of a gig (or even worse, at the beginning).

Seems to make carrying a back-up keyboard a necessity.

#272047 - 09/25/09 01:17 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
leezone Offline

if i had to choose between a dozen kick @ss RH sounds (Tyros 3)

or

a Kick @ss keyboard whose styles/accomp. sound real, like a band, "in your face", and that has the most authentic styles (AUDYA)

i'd take the latter, thank you...

nuff said

#272048 - 09/25/09 01:26 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

knock on wood

haven't had a gig issue

Frank

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272049 - 09/25/09 01:33 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
if i had to choose between a dozen kick @ss RH sounds (Tyros 3)

or

a Kick @ss keyboard whose styles/accomp. sound real, like a band, "in your face", and that has the most authentic styles (AUDYA)

i'd take the latter, thank you...

nuff said

Well said, Lee, but live back-up bands aren't much fun if they are fightin' with each other during the gig, or fail to show up at all.

Better hope there's an old upright piano stuck in the corner that they'll let you use...just in case.

Sure, all arrangers can fail...it's just that the Audya seems hell bent on being the best at it.

#272050 - 09/25/09 01:46 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nedim is on a crusade (again ).

What he fails to acknowledge about the MIDI routing issue is, I doubt more than 1% of all arranger users actually seriously MIDI their arranger up to anything else to gig. You see, that's the whole POINT of an arranger. Do it ALL in one box.

What else he constantly fails to acknowledge is, there are PLENTY of other keyboards that DO do what he wants. They are called Workstations What THEY don't do is be a decent arranger. I wonder if he spends much time over at the Motifator forum, bitching about the fact that the XS isn't REALLY an arranger? Probably not, as he would be laughed out of there...

As we should do here for his insistence about trivial things, while ignoring strengths it has, or MUSICAL weaknesses that affect how it works for the other 99% of arranger users other than him. Maybe when ALL arrangers OTHER than the Audya have comprehensive MIDI routing, detail patch editing, full featured samplers and detail style editors on board (and they have caught up to the Audya's audio loop capability), then he MIGHT have a case for the whining he is doing now.

But you sure don't hear him whining about the fact that the PA2Xpro can't do streaming audio loops...

#272051 - 09/25/09 08:16 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Nedim Offline

DIKI, the MIDI THINGS that have bugs on these machine are just regular things for live play,
nothing for studio use or something. Tony, those people from magazines just have names,
trust me, they dont know and they are no smarter then me or you. We al have our own crowd
that listens to us and where our word is IT so same thing with these articles, to me they dont
mean a cent. The guy is given an Audya for free, same as i would talk he does and i have
done it for the past for manufacturers but that necesarilly doesnt mean i am right, it only
means that i got something for free. Tell them to give me an Audya for free tomorow, you'll see,
by monday Audya will be one of the best machines i ever touched...

#272052 - 09/25/09 08:18 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Better hope there's an old upright piano stuck in the corner that they'll let you use...just in case.

For over 6 years as a kid i was playing only accordeon at small parties and singing, not
even Darbuka with me...i was making Hundreds...and singing the hell out of me too.
And yes, people were getting drunk and dancing...once i started buying Casio and Arrangers that was it...

#272053 - 09/26/09 05:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

When a review gets a keyboard to review, they usually don't get to keep it.

I have been sent a couple of keyboards for my opinion, but always had to send them back.

I truely understand being upset if you had just bought a product that has many problems. These problems are fixable via software so atleast it's just not a hardware issue that can not be fixed.

My parents and grandparents are from the old school. They basically say if you like the pasta dinner, what's the difference how or what it was used to be made. It's the outcome that matters.

I have to say, just playing around with the S910, I really appreciated what a well produced style can sound like, but after a while it all started sounding the same and really didn't give me that feel. Maybe because the drums were soft or something, I'm not sure.

The Korg has much better drums and a better OS but some of the meat and potatoes styles seem to lack something, but once again, that's my take on it.

Everyone here can rip a keyboard apart, and praise it in the same breath.

Those of you who bought Fiats had problems. Yet GM went bankkrupt, and Fiat is still moving?

Podiums are great, Podiums suck, Bose is too expinsive, Bose sound great,

I have customers who only use Ketron product because they say it's the only thing that actually sounds musical.

Those who don't own one and bash the sh*t out of it, why don't you stop and first think about the people who have bought it and are trying to deal with the product respectfully.

I have one and it's the one I gig with, and it has problems sure, but I still use it.

if we want problems, I just plugged a SD card into the S910 with mp3s and it didn't see them, but the Audya does, so should I now burn down the Yamaha factory?

just venting and not because I sell Audyas, I make nothing selling Audyas, I make a nice dollar or 2 selling everything else at less amounts.

So I really cam care less about what money I make, I am more concerned about what my customers need and what works for them

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272054 - 09/26/09 08:37 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Frank, you are WAY too logical in your thinking to be taken seriously.

DonM

#272055 - 09/26/09 10:43 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Or, Frank is WAY too serious in his thinking to be taken logically.

#272056 - 09/26/09 11:56 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
When a review gets a keyboard to review, they usually don't get to keep it.

I have been sent a couple of keyboards for my opinion, but always had to send them back.

Frank your right, you don't get to keep the KB, the chap who wrote this article must have sent it back, and didn't have it long either,he didn't spot any of the faults, anyway if he'd keep it he would hve had to do better that this, the photos are good.

In a word or two what do you all think of the article, steady on now and one at a time.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-26-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-26-2009).]

#272057 - 09/26/09 12:10 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

You know, I sometimes poke a little fun at Frank and sometimes George, too, but you guys on SZ are very lucky to have dealers that know arranger products so well.

Not all dealers are at their level of dedication to please the client.

#272058 - 09/27/09 01:46 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Diki Offline

The one thing the reviewer did was use it AS AN ARRANGER. That means he probably didn't hook anything up to it (like 99% of all arranger users!). If he didn't spot any MIDI shortcomings, that only means he used it like the rest of us!

Sometimes you have to learn an appreciation for the way things ARE, rather than the way you want them to be. If you can make great music on an Audya (and the demos certainly bear that out) who CARES about much of the nitpicky, technodweeb geek sh*t, other than nitpicky technodweebs?

Put it in the hands of a MUSICIAN, and you are likely to get music. Put it in the hands of a nerd, and you are likely to get specs quoted at you!

I know what I'd rather listen to...

#272059 - 09/27/09 01:56 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Last Paragraph from above.

The operating and navigating systems are fathomable once you get used to Ketron’s quirky approach (for many, that will be part of the charm), and there’s a tremendous amount to explore. Some operations can be rather too quirky; just trying to trigger MIDI files from an external USB drive bore little relationship to what the manual suggested, but eventually, I discovered the right combination of button presses!

I don't find it quirky ( pain springs to Mind)if this was a A320 airbus it would crash!(into the ground)

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-27-2009).]

#272060 - 09/27/09 03:01 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
......Sometimes you have to learn an appreciation for the way things ARE, rather than the way you want them to be........

Well, who cares or not, but some things are certainly not as it should be, is it?
Reading the different reports here, Audya OS is still in a unstable betaversion, even after the
OS v2 release. Now they talk about that v3 are on the way, will that be Beta 3 or?

That's the big question regarding Audya. During the long period of hype and big words, no wonder
that people/customers get high expectations. On top of that, Ketron let customers pay quite a high
price for the product to become betatesters.
Bugs does and will probably show up in the future too, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to let the
things we see reported about Audya pass by as some "small bugs"...

That said, I agree that Audya sounds terrific as an arranger, I even sold my Sd1 to get space for
the new baby, but the way it looks now, I think I'll keep my bankaccount closed 'till the beta
testings are over and the release candidate arrive.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#272061 - 09/27/09 03:04 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Last Paragraph from above.

The operating and navigating systems are fathomable once you get used to Ketron’s quirky approach (for many, that will be part of the charm), and there’s a tremendous amount to explore. Some operations can be rather too quirky; just trying to trigger MIDI files from an external USB drive bore little relationship to what the manual suggested, but eventually, I discovered the right combination of button presses!

I don't find it quirky ( pain springs to Mind)if this was a A320 airbus it would crash!(into the ground)

As fast as Ketron have been updating the thing, it's unsurprising that the documentation hasn't kept up.

Bear in mind, he didn't say it COULDN'T be done... It just took him some time to find out how. Probably an OS change. You ought to know the difference between a bug and a documentation error...

There's a difference between crashing your car, and missing a turn because you couldn't read the map!

Thing is, personally, I think ALL OS's are quirky, other than the one I have gotten used to And, I'll bet a lot of people agree with me. We get SO used to doing things one way, that, even if it CAN be done another way, we are not happy. Which is crazy, because getting the thing DONE is the goal...!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-27-2009).]

#272062 - 09/27/09 07:57 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Well, who cares or not, but some things are certainly not as it should be, is it?
Reading the different reports here, Audya OS is still in a unstable betaversion, even after the
OS v2 release. Now they talk about that v3 are on the way, will that be Beta 3 or?

That's the big question regarding Audya. During the long period of hype and big words, no wonder
that people/customers get high expectations. On top of that, Ketron let customers pay quite a high
price for the product to become betatesters.
Bugs does and will probably show up in the future too, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to let the
things we see reported about Audya pass by as some "small bugs"...

That said, I agree that Audya sounds terrific as an arranger, I even sold my Sd1 to get space for
the new baby, but the way it looks now, I think I'll keep my bankaccount closed 'till the beta
testings are over and the release candidate arrive.

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

Mark my words OS3 will be no big Blast it will be a simple fix of some things but anything added new will also have bugs, we will see next week. I will be there with all the problems, you keep your money in you back pocket, I will sell you mine.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-27-2009).]

#272063 - 09/27/09 09:20 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
leezone Offline

tony,

os3 will not only be bug fixes
i think there will be quite alot of new stuff
one of which will be pattern/style edit

maybe AJ can tell us what else to expect?

#272064 - 09/27/09 09:44 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
leezone Offline

also i think more audio guitar loops are on the way with OS3

not sure if this is more chords, Aug, Dim etc, those that are now missing (audio wise)
or if just different grooves, different types o guitars....

i guess it remains to be seen or rather heard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online