#272038 - 09/25/09 10:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Great article, Audya will grow into one of best arrangers made,

Thanks Frank,

#272039 - 09/25/09 11:04 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
If you know anyone interested, I have a customer who bought an Audya, that wants to let it go, because of the weight.

He's looking for $4200

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272040 - 09/25/09 11:59 AM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Audya history lesson...

Introduction year: 75% right.
Year two: 85% right
Year three: 95% right.
Year four: Discontinued.

#272041 - 09/25/09 12:08 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
If you know anyone interested, I have a customer who bought an Audya, that wants to let it go, because of the weight.

He's looking for $4200

Frank,

Not that heavy it fell off the back of a truck, is it the one with the extra HDD that why it's so heavy.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272042 - 09/25/09 12:09 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
For people like me that really understand how KETRON MIDI Routing, Controlling and else works THIS is very funny:

Worth the wait?
There is no doubt that Ketron are, at present, way ahead of the pack in arranger technology, and it would seem that the Audya has taken the normally blasé and conservative world of arranger keyboardists by storm. Being at the top of the range, it is relatively expensive (current exchange rates aren’t helping matters), but for your outlay you have a rugged keyboard with all the trimmings you expect and a whole lot more you could never think of.

The very flexibility and malleability that can be applied to both MIDI and audio in tandem opens up new vistas for truly musical and creative work. The technology premièred here is sure to trickle down into other instruments in the future, and may prove to be the benchmark for all arranger keyboards in the future. Ketron themselves aren’t resting on their laurels, and are regularly offering free downloads of OS upgrades and new sounds and styles. So, we may have had to wait a long while for the Audya, but it’s been worth it. Ketron have got it triumphantly right.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 09-25-2009).]

#272043 - 09/25/09 12:30 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Nope not mine, I'm keeping that one.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#272044 - 09/25/09 12:42 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Audya history lesson...

Introduction year: 75% right.
Year two: 85% right
Year three: 95% right.
Year four: Discontinued.

Yamaha History Lesson:
Minor update every 2 years, but put in a "new" keyboard with a number higher on the name. If you get anything after introduction it will be a sound or two at exorbitant prices.

#272045 - 09/25/09 12:57 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
For people like me that really understand how KETRON MIDI Routing, Controlling and else works THIS is very funny:

Worth the wait?
There is no doubt that Ketron are, at present, way ahead of the pack in arranger technology, and it would seem that the Audya has taken the normally blasé and conservative world of arranger keyboardists by storm. Being at the top of the range, it is relatively expensive (current exchange rates aren’t helping matters), but for your outlay you have a rugged keyboard with all the trimmings you expect and a whole lot more you could never think of.

The very flexibility and malleability that can be applied to both MIDI and audio in tandem opens up new vistas for truly musical and creative work. The technology premièred here is sure to trickle down into other instruments in the future, and may prove to be the benchmark for all arranger keyboards in the future. Ketron themselves aren’t resting on their laurels, and are regularly offering free downloads of OS upgrades and new sounds and styles. So, we may have had to wait a long while for the Audya, but it’s been worth it. Ketron have got it triumphantly right.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 09-25-2009).]

Nedim,

Tell the author what you think Dave Detheridge
http://forums.ketronmusic.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3

He's a wizzard with words look under Performing Musician Magazine, the pages Frank had he msut have scanned from the magazine

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-25-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#272046 - 09/25/09 01:10 PM Re: Ketron Audya article
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Yamaha History Lesson:
Minor update every 2 years, but put in a "new" keyboard with a number higher on the name. If you get anything after introduction it will be a sound or two at exorbitant prices.

T'aint true, Don...they released three sounds at exorbitant prices.

Seriously, the Audya seems to have a lot of issues...I guess the sound/styles must be worth all the aggravation...not too bad when you're a home player and can wait for fixes, but pure disaster if you're gigging with it and it goes phlooey in the middle of a gig (or even worse, at the beginning).

Seems to make carrying a back-up keyboard a necessity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online