SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#271937 - 09/24/09 04:35 PM Yamaha MegaEnhancer sucks
Beakybird Offline

These Yamaha Mega voices have been out since the T1. So why can't Yamaha make a decent software to convert a style without Mega voices to a style with Mega voices.

First MegaEnhancer doesn't work with styles, only with midis. So you have to use a separate software (that Yamaha doesn't make) to split and splice your midi and non-midi part of your style.

I used MegaEnhancer 1.2, their latest on a big band style, because I wanted the Mega Acoustic Bass. The software worked seamlessly at converting the bass in the midi to the Mega Acoustic. In the process, it also converted the Live! Piano to GM piano, Sweet! Clarinet to GM clarinet, and Live! Hyper Brass to GM brass.

What a dud! I almost never have an easy time with this software.

Yamaha should make it so you can convert a whole batch of styles to the new voices. In the meantime, they should at least make a product that does what it claims to do.

Beakybird

#271938 - 09/24/09 09:40 PM Re: Yamaha MegaEnhancer sucks
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Beakybird

I have to agree on your comments.

My "Style Split and Splice" software ( http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sands/index.htm ) will separate the MIDI part part of the style from the non-MIDI part - ready for processing.
And it will splice the two parts after processing.

My "Style Revoicer" software ( http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/revsty/index.htm ) will change the non-Mega voices back again.

Jørgen

#271939 - 09/25/09 12:37 AM Re: Yamaha MegaEnhancer sucks
Beakybird Offline

Jorgen, sorry for not giving you appropriate credit for your excellent Split and Splice software - so simple and so effective. It's my favorite software for getting the midi from a style.

You are so good at what you do, I wish that you would add the ability to add Mega voices to your Style Revoicer software.

I used to enjoy your NoMega software when I have wanted to get your T2 styles to work on my PSR3000.

I am amazed that Yamaha would bundle such crappy software (I again refer to MegaEnhancer 1.2) with their $4000+ T3.

Beakybird

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online