SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#271253 - 09/18/09 09:47 AM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But do you honestly 'believe' that this move to Auto-Tuned vocals has actually IMPROVED modern pop music?

Oh most astoundingly "Yes"!The first time i heard that 'Believe',i expierenced a completely new sound & refreshed i was!

Nowadays, they massage and 'improve' everybody up to and including great singers like Celine Dion, to what end? Do they sound 'better'?

**Again yes!The sound better,the band 'Stereo's' woould still be in a painfully class of mainstream i couldn;t tolerate to listen to on t.v.(i would'nt actually buy their music though as it's just as you say "Cher'd" out with no magic of their own clonings and copy the cher cat)but it is much preferabal to me.

It is no wonder that a large percentage of kids interested in music listen preferentially to the music of the seventies. Even THEY can recognize when something is REAL, not computer enhanced to the point of roboticism.

I would have to take robotism'd over living through 70's bunk.There was no beat,little bass,and way to much strings used.I don;t know which kids in question are being refered to that are into the 70's music.My personal opinion is music was heartbeatless and basically an unliving entity until
1984-ish,when the world slowly started waking up.
Keyboard companies are starting to slowly fall asleep with their non inventions though.There should be 'obvious' new things added,other than gimics.Why not throw in a something shocking every 2 releases to show their on top of things,like the D-Beam device on roland.That was refreshing,though borderline gimmiky.But the T3??what the heck is that all about,that is most def what the T2 should of been long ago.For example a good new inention for me would be a wireless remote that goes into my mouth to ADD to the footswitch function and not take THAT function away either...on & on i could go why i'm not buying a 3ft 30lbs hunk of plastic for $4000...am i being to hard on wanting perection?NO,i think KB departments are being to hard on testing my patince on what i know that THEIR purposely holding back on putting out.
Good grief,by now KB's should be in the 24track area,and have a whole slew of little pitch bend type wheels for ALL tracks for controlling brightness,harm etc instead of having to go into those pages and waste time pulling them up.I'm impatient
because i know a time is coming where a KB & it's owner are going to be of MUCH more oneness and not all the current fluing around the keyboards buttons like some gymnist excersisng.
Then ther's the registration banks,again..what a nightmare those are for needing a blasted computer to know which banks are open,used,or never to be erased(yet (for me) continually mistaking overwritten.There should BY NOW be a screen dedicated JUST FOR THIS where ALL is viewable on all work in those banks OR at the very least a 'Lock' function that asks "are you sure,you have crap there you wanted to keep on such and such a day"...on&on i could go..to me not 'harsh at all,rather "lazy' is the correct word usage for this topic on manufactures.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-18-2009).]

#271254 - 09/18/09 10:54 AM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's obvious that your take on the seventies is 'dance' music orientated, or you might remember the birth of 'rock', with Zeppelin, Cream and all that. Or you might acknowledge the birth of punk (mid 70's), roots reggae (mid 70's), heavy metal, Jazz fusion, Steely Dan, funk and, let us not forget, the earliest rap and hiphop (Afrika Bambaata, Kurtis Blow and the Sugarhill Gang)....

It wasn't ALL Abba, the Bee Gees and Donna Summer

Nearly everything we listen to today has its' roots in the seventies. And, to be honest, little today has managed to surpass it, except technically. Yes, there was little bass on the records, because they WERE records Heavy bass used to make the needle jump out of the groove. We turned it up at the amp... problem solved!

But one thing you can be assured of. Every single singer you listen to from the seventies performed those songs entirely by themselves. No AutoTune, no 'comping', no studio trickery. Few of today's stars could even dare to sing on record without it (or their sales would plummet!). And an awful lot of them use AutoTune for live shows, too, or mime to tracks. This would have got them booed at a concert, but nowadays, no-one cares.

Karaoke Nation...

#271255 - 09/18/09 11:16 AM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Right on Diki!!!!! Shoot.., 99.99% of hip hop and rap today (even a lot of pop)is something they reached back to and borrowed from the great musicians of the 70's I swear 9 out of 10 vids I see on YouTube with some guy using his MPC sampling directly from vinyl is using an ablum from the 70's.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#271256 - 09/18/09 12:21 PM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
mr9000 Offline

People sure enjoying lying to themselves..wonder if KB's completely stopped adding any new features,would the buying public adjust happily with their stagnated features and still say "nothing but perfection here" in 2020..

DikiWrote:"But one thing you can be assured of. Every single singer you listen to from the seventies performed those songs entirely by themselves"

But that's like saying;"in the 1800's you can be assured people performed getting to work themselves,no cars,trains or modes of travel to work in help,just 20miles of labouring walk without shoes up hills both ways..aw the good ol days when everything was pure,simple and self driven without the aid of helps'/evovlment...if vinyl is so good..where's Taylor swifts new scratchy record?

#271257 - 09/18/09 12:39 PM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
Diki Offline

I guess you haven't been noticing the trend towards vintage keyboards that dominate today's music. I guess you haven't noticed that Korg, Nord, Roland and Yamaha going out of their way to jump on the vintage bandwagon. I guess you haven't noticed the resurgence of analog synths, as digital ones are finally debunked as 'better'.

I guess you haven't noticed most of the hip DJ's in your area turntabling like crazy with boxes and boxes full of those outdated LP's (that are the fastest growing NEW segment of the music industry). I guess you haven't noticed about vinyl remixes of everybody, up to and including Taylor Swift...

You know, you REALLY ought to get 'with it' and start to look at what is going on NOW, not back in the eighties

Oh, by the way, you might have noticed that, since we gave up walking to work (or riding buses bikes and carts) we have f*cked up the planet royally with greenhouse gases and can look forward to massive climate change.

But hey... that's progress, isn't it?

#271258 - 09/18/09 01:21 PM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
I guess you haven't noticed that Korg, Nord, Roland and Yamaha going out of their way to jump on the vintage bandwagon.

Oh, by the way, you might have noticed that, since we gave up walking to work (or riding buses bikes and carts) we have f*cked up the planet royally with greenhouse gases and can look forward to massive climate change.

That 70's stuff can stick it where the latest scam of glo-bull warming never shines...those dam dinosaurs and their creations of that other scam of Ice age..there's nothing unusual going on fainting sheep> In about 100years it will be revealed we were dopely just creating a source of income to fear preached messages,that were going to be amazed that was so highly accepted!.What your seeing out your window concerning Earth is merely just life evolving like a scratchy,hissless Boney M 8track converted to CD...will the future be found preferable with one single stringed violin replacing everything because well,old is good..perhaps bring back those old air bagged piano's where one could sweat up a storm to make a song of notes with beads of sweat pouring forth..because hey,old is the poop.

#271259 - 09/18/09 01:29 PM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
I guess you haven't been noticing the trend towards vintage keyboards that dominate today's music. I guess you haven't noticed that Korg, Nord, Roland and Yamaha going out of their way to jump on the vintage bandwagon. I guess you haven't noticed the resurgence of analog synths, as digital ones are finally debunked as 'better'.

I guess you haven't noticed most of the hip DJ's in your area turntabling like crazy with boxes and boxes full of those outdated LP's (that are the fastest growing NEW segment of the music industry). I guess you haven't noticed about vinyl remixes of everybody, up to and including Taylor Swift...

You know, you REALLY ought to get 'with it' and start to look at what is going on NOW, not back in the eighties

But hey... that's progress, isn't it?

In short...Old Is New.

Has been that way for as long as I can remember.

#271260 - 09/18/09 01:37 PM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
In short...Old Is New.

Has been that way for as long as I can remember.

Well then, bring back the Ford Pinto,along with 1 or 2 back firing WW2II Russsian muzzle shooters!

#271261 - 09/18/09 01:40 PM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
We had the coolest summer in recent history.
Even had some show last winter. As usual, Louisiana is lagging behind, even in global warming.
DonM

#271262 - 09/18/09 03:51 PM Re: Are we pushing too Hard
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
That 70's stuff can stick it where the latest scam of glo-bull warming never shines...those dam dinosaurs and their creations of that other scam of Ice age..there's nothing unusual going on fainting sheep> In about 100years it will be revealed we were dopely just creating a source of income to fear preached messages,that were going to be amazed that was so highly accepted!.What your seeing out your window concerning Earth is merely just life evolving like a scratchy,hissless Boney M 8track converted to CD...will the future be found preferable with one single stringed violin replacing everything because well,old is good..perhaps bring back those old air bagged piano's where one could sweat up a storm to make a song of notes with beads of sweat pouring forth..because hey,old is the poop.

Do you mind if I take a hit off that bong, too...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online