SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#271192 - 09/15/09 09:53 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had luckily recorded a couple of football games so didn't watch it. No, on second thought it wasn't lucky, I did it on purpose.

DonM

#271193 - 09/15/09 11:09 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
razoo_26 Offline

Loc: Billing, MT, USA
All the new media technology just shines a very bright light on the same human behavior that has been occuring in the dark
since the dawn of consciousness.
Thankfully more of it is now in the open so we can begin to curb it.
As far as kids go, I guess we could go back to beating them into submission.
On the other hand Serena has a good excuse.
She's on steroids!

#271194 - 09/15/09 11:11 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
Of course he doesn't. Isn't he about to open up a tour? This was a pure publicity stunt. It got him on Leno quick enough, got his mug out there, didn't it? I hit the switch on the TV right there.

See, well if that is true (the upcoming Tour) then that's even worse, because it WAS quite a deliberate and tactical act designed purely for his own publicity

Some people in the PR industry might even applaud (privately or publicly) that stunt....

(Yes, I said STunt.... )

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#271195 - 09/16/09 01:52 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mind you, I guess before we adopt any attitude of smug superiority, we ought to take a look at how we behave on this very forum, and realize that these people are by no means unique

#271196 - 09/16/09 06:15 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
chas... you are SO right with that statement ... I have been saying for years that starting with young people, all societies are being TAUGHT to be disrespectful and desensitized to feelings of guilt ... just watch any 'kids' show and see how disrespectful they are to each other and to adults ... and as for video games !!! ... don't get me started on that ... ... As a grandfather I keep praying that it's not too late ... but I don't only pray, I also try to TEACH !!! ...
t.

Gentlemen I'm certainly share your point of view. There's so little respect today....

#271197 - 09/16/09 12:39 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mind you, once upon a time, respect was EARNED, it didn't come as part of the whole 'self-esteem' package. There's a lot of people right now believe they deserve some kind of respect just for breathing in and breathing out...

I think what we are all looking for is 'politeness'...

And there is a delicious way of showing politeness without having to show respect

#271198 - 09/16/09 02:35 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
See, well if that is true (the upcoming Tour) then that's even worse, because it WAS quite a deliberate and tactical act designed purely for his own publicity

Some people in the PR industry might even applaud (privately or publicly) that stunt....

(Yes, I said STunt.... )

Well, I guess somethings up with the tour: http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20090916/lady-gaga-and-kanye-west-tour-dates-the-disappearing-act/

Maybe Lady Gaga's not going to take any chances with this guy. I'm sure she could take her pick of artists to tour with.

#271199 - 09/17/09 08:44 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
I have seen that kind of behavior almost anywhere I go, in the parking lots, at the store, on the road.....etc.. And then they claim discrimination!

IS NOT THE COLOR, IS THE ATTITUDE!!

#271200 - 09/17/09 08:57 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:
.. And then they claim discrimination!

Huh!!!

I think I'll let you take this one, Diki. Otherwise, someone will think it's just ol' thin-skinned chas at it again.

....and wow, coming from a VERY suprising source, too.

chas

#271201 - 09/17/09 09:13 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
You know, I've got a theory. I'm not condoning what Mr. West did in any way, but I wonder if there would be the same level of outrage and outright hate if he had done the same thing to, say, Rosie O'Donnel. I'm starting to believe that the degree of anger is directional proportional to our perception of the 'victim' (and the perpetrator). When you look at the clip, was it what he did or was it who he did it to? He didn't just ruin someone's moment, he dared to ruin the moment of our squeaky-clean, deliciously innocent, little fair-haired country princess. Unforgivable. Next thing you know, he'll be crying discrimination.

Mind you, this is just a hunch.

chas

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online